Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:55 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone else loves but, you hate « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Movies everyone else loves but, you hate  (Read 19809 times)
Sam
« on: May 09, 2003, 01:53:50 PM »

The Exorcist- I can't stand this movie, and on everyones list of scary movies this always tops it. I just can't see why

E.T. -I've always hated that little bastard and his crappy movie

One Flew over the Cucuckoos nest- Pure crap, and not even good crap but, that agonizing crap that just takes forever to come out and when it does it's just so painfull that  it lasts all day long.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 02:04:39 PM »

None come to mind.  Life's too short to worry about hating things.  If I don't like something then I don't like it, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it or worrying that I'm supposed to like it because others do or whatever.

Sorry, but I hang out here because I enjoy bad movies and stuff most people don't like and like to talk about what I like and hear from others about what they've enjoyed that I might enjoy seeing.

Reading threads where people complain about what they hate just kinda depresses me and seems to run counter-intuitive to what this forum is all about

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 02:09:41 PM »

Out of Africa.  Mom & sis loved this movie, because of the book.  I found it to be slow and the main characters unsympathetic.  If it is so goddamn hard to make a living in Africa, go back to Denmark.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 05:04:07 PM »

First, I must say to Sam that I am one of the people who likes the movies that he hates. I think THE EXORCIST and CUCKOO'S NEST  are classics. I have my problems with ET, but I can't say that I hate it.

Anyway, here is my brief list:

* All STAR WARS movies. I don't really hate them, but I don't worship them nearly as much as most people. For sci-fi, I'd prefer to watch WAR OF THE WORLDS any day.

* Most movies that have some sort of "lore" to them that a bunch of nerdy guys know about and argue about all the time. EXAMPLE:

Nerd #1: "No, Girmax's father was a wood elf and he was the only descendant of Pava-Muli who knew the whereabouts of the Book of Suffering."

Nerd #2: "That's impossible. Xiran also knew the whereabouts of the Book of Suffering because Gugamel the Wizard conjured up a vision of it before he was cast into the Pit of Eternal Woe."

Nerd #1: "Yes, but that was only after he learned that Tipineus was really the king's brother."

Nerd #2: "Actually, he was only the king's half-brother. He killed the king's real brother in order to gain access to the Valley of Sorrow."

Nerd #1: "But he lost his sister's locket in the valley when he was trying to recover the Sword of 1,000 Burdens."

STOP, STOP, STOP, I say!

* SCREAM. When it first came out, everyone was saying, "It's so scary. You have to see it." So I did. What I saw was a guy running around wearing a mask and carrying a knife. Geez, where have I seen THAT before?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bernie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 05:16:02 PM »

Terms of Endearment.  Most cynically manipulative piece of crap I've ever seen.  I left the theater outraged (how stupid is that??).
Johnny Blister
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 06:24:04 PM »

Legally Blonde(men in black killing extraterrestrials?OK.Medieval midgets in search of possessed rings?Believable.But a bimbo being accepted at a Harvard-like university?NOW f**kING WAY!),
40 Days And 40 Nights(movies gloryfing a guy NOT getting laid are a capital sin),
Batman And Robin(look at me,I´m George Clooney!Now I´m George Clooney dressed as Batman!Jeez....),
Battlefield Earth(the aliens are supposed to speak in a foreign language,but they speak perfect,undertandable English!),
Evil Dead(THERE IS NO EVIL DEAD),
the Terminator(THERE IS NO'THE TERMINATOR'),
Charlie´s Angels(I hate whory,lesbianic b***hes),
Chasing Amy(not enough Jay and Silent Bob),
American Beauty(stupid hippie s**t,how this turd won an Oscar anyway?),
Shallow Hal(I DON´T get turned on by fat chicks),
The Lizzie McGuire Movie(their fans hate Kevin Smith.Enough reason for me to not like this movie)
The Goonies(this movie ain´t bad,but it left me psychologically scarred),
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake(nuff said,really)
The Punisher remake(ditto),
Dumb And Dumberer(the third sign of the Apocalypse)
Final Fantasy(this has WHAT to do with the video game?)
Reign Of Fire(they crapped it up when they said"dragons are not magical"),
Spice World(the horror.The horror),
The Mexican(the eleventh commandment:"Thou shall not use either Brad Pitt or Edward Norton in crappy movies")

They are all.
illcos
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 08:19:58 PM »

'a clockwork orange'

my expectations were too high i think.
illcos
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 08:22:21 PM »

'spice world' is awesome - i used to work at a video store and that was the perfect movie to play if you didn't want anyone in the store.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 09:29:21 PM »

Can I put a movie that I like but almost everyone else hates:
The live action "Guyver" movies (ok that movie'S)

-the first rule of fat club-
Creepozoid
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2003, 10:33:19 PM »

Just about any movie that won a major Academy award comes to mind.
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2003, 11:08:05 PM »

The Evil Dead series- I know I'll catch heat for it but I can't stand these movies.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Foywonder
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 11:08:22 PM »

I love GUYVER 2: DARK HERO. Like an R-rated Power Rangers. Still not as good as the anime though.
Feathertop
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 11:14:46 PM »

You won't catch Hell from me for it. I liked the original Evil Dead but I thought the sequels got too silly and self-consciously "cute", the same qualities that I felt eventually downgraded Raimi and company's Hercules and Xena T.V. shows (to say nothing of the execrable "Jack of All Trades"! )
A little cutesy humor goes a long way with me and after awhile in Army of Darkness my wife and I started rolling our eyes and saying "Yeah, it's ANOTHER visual reference to ANOTHER movie! We GET IT already! "
Matthew Sullivan
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2003, 11:37:25 PM »

Forrest Gump:  How can ONE man do all of THAT in one lifetime?  And if you bad mouth the film, people will think that something is wrong with you.  You can't win an argument about this film.

Matt
MoonShadow
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 04:10:52 PM »

I f**kin' hate Forrest Gump too, you are not alone! I find that move offensive. "Run forest, run....." I was hoping he'd get run over by the goddamn truck! In a similair vein, every scene in Titanic not involving the ship sinking, or that had that rotten bastard DiCaprio in it was agony (too bad he wasn't eaten by critters during the filming of Critters 3 huh?)
  I also LOATHE Dancer in the dark, which all the critics love. It might have something to do with the fact that I can't stand Bjørk's music, but then again, it might just be a s**tty movie that's been mistaken for a work of genuis... Absolutely terrifyingly horrible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies everyone else loves but, you hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.