Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:57:33 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Scott Viewing Report (issue #1) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Scott Viewing Report (issue #1)  (Read 2335 times)
Scott
« on: June 17, 2001, 10:35:40 AM »

This is the first official edition of The Scott Viewing Report. :) Well there was so much demand for my film and tv thoughts that I'm beggining this little weekly report. :)

My newest favorite channel is still my favorite. The Travel Channel has loads of great info and interesting sites to visit. Tonight they visit all the best known haunted hotels at 8pm Eastern time. This should be a good one, so be sure to tune in.

Last night The Travel Channel showed the top ten  Waterparks in the U.S. and don't forget to watch CURIOUS WORLD also on The Travel Channel. It also has some neat things on every show. The Travel Channel can take you from the historical, scenic, and to the very oddist locations on the planet.

Fox Family Channel showed a repeat of the Olsen family spending the night in an old haunted European castle. Though I didn't watch it last night I did see it last Halloween night and thought it was real good. l'm looking forward to next seasons FEAR on MTV.

WWF tv is getting a little better now that HHH and the ROCK are out of action and they are giving Benoit and Jerico a chance. The WWF should dump that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin act. The only thing "stone cold" is his character. Did anyone see Benoit dive off the steel cage last Monday? Well for safety the wrestlers should go back to simple entrances and armbars. The old timers knew how to sell simple moves to the audience.

You also had the news heavily covering the execution down south.

I finally had a chance to catch a THE WEEKEST LINK show. I liked it and thought it was entertaining. Its a mix between Survivor and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

As up could see from my earlier reviews that I like both movies THE MAN FROM PLANET X  on Turner Classic Movies and the movie ATLANTIS which is playing at theaters right now.

I caught a glimpse of HORROR OF PARTY BEACH on Sci-Fi Channels Mystery Theater 3000, now that is great film making.  You know I liked that one. Phew that was classic B-Movie from the (50's?). I'd like to own the regular version and the MT3 version.

AMC's American Pop is still great if you get a chance to see some of the clips of 50's and 60's oddities and memorabilia.

All these films I have recorded from AMC over the past months. Movies that I have yet to see in my recorded collection are.

Dracula: Prince of Darkness
The Mummy's Hand
The Thing With Two Heads
Revenge of Frankenstien

I also read some good post of movies this week here on BadMovies.org.

Carnival of Souls
Alien Zombie

Here is my TV pick of the week from BadMovies.org TV Listings section:

Dr. Terrrors House of Horrors

I'm planning a trip to upstate New York were I grew up and the trip will include a stop at a Drive In Theater. I live in New Jersey now and there are zero Drive Ins left in the state of New Jersey. Here are some of movies I remember seeing for the first time at the Drive In Theaters.

Jaws
Mad Max
Blues Brothers
The Gong Show (the movie)
Dracula (1979?)

For any of you traveling this summer check out a Drive In Theater, SciFi/Horror Convention, Small Track Auto Racing, Drum and Bugle Corps Compitition, Pro Wrestling, Waterparks, Minor League Baseball, Horseback Riding, Fishing. This year I plan to go to the Finger Lakes Region of New York State and later this fall California LA , up Rt 1 to the Napa Valley to Yosemite and back to LA.

We might be purchasing a Sony Playstation 2, so maybe I'll get to purchase some of those hard to find Movies that I have always wanted to see. I'm still amazed VHS is still selling for anything over $5.
Scott Davis
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2001, 12:57:27 PM »

If you are buyinh a PS2 to use has a DVD player, don't.

They suck as DVD players, you are better off just buying a DVD player.

As for VHS, I will also continue to buy, and support VHS. I have over 200 VHS movies and only 19 DVDs.

I see DVDs as the biggest rip-offs in the world. I don't care about extras, I just get the movies to see the movies.

All else aside, cool post.
Fritz
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2001, 02:47:18 PM »

I've picked up some real bargins on dvd, the best being Zombie Flesh Eaters: Extreme Version for £5. The PS2 is one hell of a games machine, but it falls flat as a DVD player, however it is the only DVD player to have the bog standard coxial output. But as most people know this is not a good thing.

On a totally different tangent, has anybody seen or better still, got a copy of Jaws 3 in it's original 3D format. I'd love to know where to get a copy of this really bad movie.
Fritz
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2001, 06:54:48 PM »

Another great thing about DVD's is how long they last, I've just got back my VHS copy of the greatest movie in the world 'Mr Vampire' and it's ruined, the screen was hopping more than the vampires.

Now the moral of this is either don't lend out your favorite movies (something I'd never stop doing) or buy it on DVD and it'll take most of the hard knocks it's given.

I'd gladly buy a copy of Mr Vampire on DVD for £20 (as the video cost me £14) and still have the ability to watch it in all it's glory.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2001, 08:20:02 AM »

Thanks for both your post about DVD and I think Jaws III was 3-D as well and yes indeed it was a bad film Fritz.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Scott Viewing Report (issue #1) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.