Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:34:11 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jurassic Park III « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jurassic Park III  (Read 4368 times)
Johnny Blister
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 09:34:19 PM »

How about the Acidic Aliens?
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2003, 08:55:12 AM »

The Simpsons.  In one episode their local minor league baseball team, the Isotopes, was threatened with being moved to Albuquerque, until Homer went on a hunger strike.

Didn't Albuquerque used to have a minor league team named the Conquistadors, in the Pacific Coast League.  I thought they were the Dodgers' triple A team.
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2003, 12:12:24 PM »

Hey, Andrew, remember that Mini review i did of this flick?
Oh, the pain.....
From guns that don't work, to loud prople on an island full of meateaters...lady, shut-up!....to a cell phone that can survive dino-digestive juices....i think this thing covers a whooooole lot of ground in the "Stupid people who survive for no good reason" department. Why!?...these people are Darwin award candidates for sure......oh, my brain hurts....
If you review this flick, Andrew....hurt it good for me....right in the nuts!.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Johnny Blister
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2003, 12:33:33 PM »

Well,the fact reamins:I liked it
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2003, 02:31:22 PM »

I have not read all the respones so I don't  know if someone has already said this or not but here I go: I once saw on "Ripleys believe it not" that Raptors are the size of a chicken so the director made the dinosaur much large. But I swear that the man said this "But right after "Jurasic Park" was release diggers found skeloten of a new kind of raptor that was even bigger than the ones in the movie. Unbelieveable..believe it" So in a way it was kind of like shrinking the raptors ... in a way....I guess.

-the first rule of fat club-
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2003, 03:24:32 PM »

Yep, covered that one.  The beastie in question is the Utah Raptor, but it was still at least twice as big as the raptors in JP.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2003, 05:18:15 PM »

One of the things that got me was when everyone heard the satellite phone ringing in the Spinosaurus's stomach but the Spinosaurus was absolutely silent when he approached to begin with!

Did he tip-toe up to the edge of the forest?

Aren't there usually impact tremors when one of the big one's like him stomp around?

I know, I know, the scene probably wouldn't have worked had they done it any differently.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2003, 07:07:31 PM »

I sure do remember Flange's post:
http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=19645&t=19645#reply_19645

I had only seen the film once at that point, during a visit to a friend's house when I was fixing his computer (his son had royally hosed it up - I just reloaded the darn thing).  You even identified the designated dinosaur killing rifle.  I only knew that it did not look like a 20mm, because the number of those is really limited.

Why make it a 20mm anyway?  A .50 cal would kill a large dinosaur too... ...maybe not one of the big herbivores, but a shot or two from the .50 cal would do in a Spinosaurus or a Tyrannosaurus.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fearless Freep

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2003, 09:42:50 PM »

Why make it a 20mm anyway? A .50 cal would kill a large dinosaur too... ...maybe not one of the big herbivores, but a shot or two from the .50 cal would do in a Spinosaurus or a Tyrannosaurus.

I think that's a problem that screen writers have to be careful about when their movie monsters are real.  Like I alluded to when takling about "Python", you need to keep your monster true to it's species if you are using a known species.  You can just handwave that an alien monster has bulletproof armor or something, but if you use a giant snake or shark, it still needs to act, and take damage, like a snake or shark...or dinosaur.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jurassic Park III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.