Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:40:45 AM
713400 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What directors would you like to make pay for making bad movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What directors would you like to make pay for making bad movies  (Read 8417 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 06:21:46 AM »

Anthony Hickox for ruining Waxwork and Hellraiser III
Joel Spewmacher for ruining the Batman franchise.
Squishy
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 07:39:57 AM »

Dunners' politics are SO subtle.
Dunners
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 11:18:06 AM »

you got something agaisnt other peoples opinions squishy? Or do you want me to spend a good 10 minutes typing up accurate facts and reasons I hate these sons of b***hes?
SkullNinja
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 05:28:06 PM »

Mikhail Moorski aka Fat Bastard. On top of all else, he lies badly.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 09:47:18 PM »

Hey,Michael Moore rules,you NRA son of a b***h!

McG sucks!
Chris K.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2003, 12:05:14 AM »

In the case of Speilberg, I will say that he made JAWS and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, two of his best in his career. As for the Indiana Jones films, it's been a while so I really can't say much on those. But let me tell ya', whenever I catch 1941, MINORITY REPORT or TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE on TV once in a while and attempt to watch them, I cringe really badly.

As for E.T., I did have respect for Speilberg on this film, that is until he f**ked it up during it's re-issue run. To me, Speilberg is on a par of average. He's a director that is talked about the most, but most of his work-in my eyes-fails to live up to it's promise and is therefore not a great director in my book. Speilberg is too moral and too uptight for me to respect. I reserve that book for Herschell Gordon Lewis, George Romero, Dario Argento, Mario Bava, Lucio Fulci, Roger Corman, and Ridley Scott. These guys brought about more of a sense of entertainment and pulp imagination to their work; Speilberg is too methody and sometimes relies on manipulating the audience, which I believe is a wrong way to gain a viewing experience. But as I said earlier and I will say it again, to each is own and I will not stand in the way of it.

Still, I liked SAVING PRIVATE RYAN so keep that one on record.

Johnny Blister
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2003, 01:08:54 PM »

Steven Spielberg IS the greatest director of all time.

Kevin Smith comes in a close second.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2003, 01:22:58 PM »

Spielberg is good with the technical stuff and effects.
but lately his plots have sucked many fat monkey balls.

Michael Bay needs to have a monkey on his shoulder so it can punch him in the face every time he looks like he's headed to a movie set.

and yes, Schumacher is a bad, bad boy.
i'd like to tie him up and spank him...with a rebar.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Johnny Blister
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2003, 02:05:33 PM »

Joel Schumacher only quit snorting cocaine for"Batman Forever"and"Falling Down",and we´ve suffered the consequences ever since.
Chris K.
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2003, 02:21:13 PM »

spikesangel wrote:

> Spielberg is good with the technical stuff and effects.
> but lately his plots have sucked many fat monkey balls.

Gotta' agree. Speilberg's intentions with his films today is basically all style and no substance. That and he needs to break out of his happy ending syndrome, it ruined MINORITY REPORT and ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. At least Romero or Argento knows how the real world works and the true power of an ending; Speilberg keeps wallowing around in the same rut with the same epilouge-happy ending. Something different Speilberg, please.

Oh and it was Speilberg who b***hed about Enzo G. Castallri's GREAT WHITE (1981) for "ripping-off" JAWS, which resulted both Speilberg and Universal to ban GREAT WHITE's showing here in the US of A during it's theatrical run. Thanks alot, Speilberg.

Johnny Blister
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2003, 02:32:20 PM »

Hey,Spielberg rules!
Chris K.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2003, 03:29:35 PM »

Hey, I disagree! Oh well, you are entitled to your favorites just as I am to mine. Still, I though that was quite pathetic of him go nuts over an Italian film that was influenced by JAWS.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2003, 03:02:46 PM »

Believe me, Great White was no great threat to Jaws (which remains my undisputed favorite movie of all time) - Joe Alves and Joseph Sargent made far worse movies - Jaws 3-D and Jaws the Revenge than the cheap Italian rip-off.  The last movie of Spielberg's that I truly got excited about was Jurassic Park and that was strictly to see the dinosaurs in action, not because he was directing it.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chris K.
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2003, 03:22:49 PM »

Oh I agree Chadzilla, GREAT WHITE was no big threat to JAWS whatsoever. It was made in 1980, years after JAWS's release back in 1975. But apparently, Speilberg and Universal thought it was and sued U.S. distributor Edward Montaro. But their was a twist: after the court ruling found Montaro guilty, Montaro fled the country with millions after the two week release of GREAT WHITE. It is undetermined where Montaro is at now, however one distributor who was vactioning in Greece claimed he quickly saw Montaro sitting back drinking a small glass of Greek alchohol, smiling with delight. And Montaro never paid Speilberg or Universal the money owed. To this very day, Speilberg and Universal are STILL waiting for Montaro to pay up. I got news for these clowns: it aint gona' happen.

In all cases, the blame for GREAT WHITE not getting the proper release it deserved goes straight to Speilberg and Universal. What I'm amazed at as why didn't Speilberg sue Roger Corman for PIRANAH. After all, Speilberg called PIRANAH his favorite JAWS rip-off, despite PIRANAH not being a JAWS rip-off at all. I can safely say that not only is Speilberg a pompous ass, but he is quite full of it and contradicts himself with this case.  I would really like to hear Speilberg explain his contradiction as well.

Hell, GREAT WHITE was more fun and exciting than JAWS (I still like JAWS, though). Maybe we'll see it on DVD some day under it's original THE LAST SHARK title.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2003, 03:30:38 PM »

Make ever director that has made a sequal to "The Land Before Time" MWA HAAHAH HA HA!

-the first rule of fat club-
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What directors would you like to make pay for making bad movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.