Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:20:59 PM
714372 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Butts After « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 28 Butts After  (Read 5200 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 14, 2003, 07:36:13 PM »

Does anyone know what 28 Days After is supposed to be about?  I saw the preview for it and it kind of reminded me of Silent Hill and there was something about zombies but it still looked kind of boring.  Is it really about ZOMBIES?

love colleen
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 09:26:38 PM »

Yes
It is about Zombies
Yes
It will be boring

Hope that helped

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 09:32:04 PM »

Far more useful is Nathan's review

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Johnny Blister
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 09:56:41 PM »

DANNY BOYLE IS GOD(and his creations would NEVER loose to a mere bunny).

HE RULES.

"28 Days Later"is a deep,philosophical,abstract film.It´s NOT a mindless zombie horror film.

Never diss the Boyle!
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 06:17:31 AM »

No, it's not about zombies.
No, it's not boring.

Well, point one above is stretching it a bit, but I won't go any further or it might constitute a spoiler.  And I saw it twice, so heck it can't be that bad!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 09:06:18 AM »

Here I was all ready to plug my own site, and Freep beat me to it.

"I've been Freeped -- and I LIKE it!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 11:29:57 AM »

Is a horror movie about a rage virus that sweeps across England, infection occurs in seconds and leaves the victim a homicidal maniac for life.  It isn't a 'zombie' movie in the traditional sense, but it is a go for the throat horror movie.  Advance word has been quite strong about it and fans in England (where it did quite well) have been singing praises about it.  Of all the horror movies coming out this year, this is the one I am most looking forward to seeing.

Here is one article about the movie's opening in England.
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=415

Post Edited (05-15-03 11:59)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 11:41:49 AM »

Here I was all ready to plug my own site, and Freep beat me to it.

He he...I'm always willing to give a link to your site when it's relevant.

"I've been Freeped -- and I LIKE it!"

I...don't think I want to think about that too much :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Johnny Blister
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 12:55:05 PM »

IT´S NOT A HORROR MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 01:23:07 PM »

Johnny Blister wrote:

> IT´S NOT A HORROR MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to shout but Johnny Boy but, yes, 28 Days Later is most certainly a HORROR movie.  Says who?  Well, first and foremost, the director, Danny Boyle, who you idolize so very much.  He is quite up front about it being a horror movie in interviews and, unlike some people, Boyle does not feel it weakens his film one iota by calling it such.  Sorry to burst your bubble on that, but 28 Days Later is a horror film.  There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever AND, contrary to the moronic snobbery that looks down upon the genre, a horror movie CAN be a philosophical and meaningful film as well.  You can call it what you like, but its genre roots are apparent and deep and, most importantly, embraced by its makers as such.

Might I ask just what is so very wrong with it being a horror movie?  Whoever it was that told you horror couldn't be intelligent and/or thoughtful was an idiot.

Post Edited (05-15-03 13:39)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Johnny Blister
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 02:01:46 PM »

OK,but then it´s a masterpiece of terror!

Never since The Sixth Ssense has horror improved so much!
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 12:09:13 PM »

Couldnt resist, but Chadzilla, you are my new idol, what a defense on Johnny, Pow. YOu remind me of this scene in Annie Hall, where this guy is talking about his idol's movies as if he were an expert and then the actor finally steps out from the shadows and says

"you dont know a thing about me or my movies, do you?"

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 12:28:32 PM »

Only stating the obvious, but thanks.

I miss the 28 Days Later website that was up during the movie's run in Britain.  It not only kicked ass, but it had numerous goodies (including stills, multiple trailers, and interviews with the cast and crew) and let you know the movie went for the throat in no uncertain terms.  I've been waiting for this to hit theaters for almost two years.  I might take the day off just to see the first matinee show of the day when it opens here.

I'll post links if a revised one comes up for the American release.  Which is next month!  :-)

The days are numbered....

Chadzilla
Johnny Blister
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 02:03:53 PM »

And then they say horror is dead...
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 02:20:41 PM »

Popular entertainment runs in cycles.  Something will become popular, the market with be flooded with like looking/sounding entertainments to cash in on the trend, it will play out, someone will state it 'dead' and then something new will come along and start the whole ball rolling again.  Wash, rinse, repeat...

HORROR WILL NEVER DIE.

Of course the slasher craze may go away for a few years.  Ghost stories seem to be doing quite well right now.    But I'm most hoping for a return of the monster movie myself.  People forget that horror has many, many masks to wear. :-)

Chadzilla
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Butts After « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.