Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:40:32 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD wish list? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DVD wish list?  (Read 2438 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 14, 2003, 10:20:20 PM »

DVD has spread to the point that any "DVD wish list" is now (except for the obvious stuff, like the original Star Wars trilogy) filled with completely idiosyncratic, personal, or obscure choices-- in other words, they've become perfect topic-fodder for this board! What are some hopelessly obscure b-movies you'd love to see get the special-edition treatment?

Myself, I'd love a DVD of Mr. Mike's Mondo Video, a failed TV movie by the criminally overlooked Michael O'Donoghue (head writer for SNL and the National Lampoon, back when neither sucked). The movie is a completely bizarre parody of Mondo-movies, mixing SNL-style sketches, "dream sequences" (including a stop-motion cat skeleton being eaten by cockroaches), found bits of footage (like a nudie film from the 20s), about 10 minutes of cats being thrown into a swimming pool in slow-motion, and musical performances by weirdos like Sid Vicious, Klaus Nomi, and Rootboy Slim, all hosted by "Mr. Mike" (O'Donoghue holding a gun surrounded by rabbits). Legend has it that when it was submitted as a primetime (!) TV movie, the head of NBC turned to his assistant ten minutes in and said, "This will air over my dead body." Unfortunately, the video release omits the audio on Vicious' performance of "My Way"; apparently, Paul Anka had a problem with his song being sung by a suspected murderer firing a gun into the audience. The DVD release would restore the audio, and maybe have a featurette on the controversy surrounding the film.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 10:35:22 PM »

I have said it before, but it bears saying again:

I want a box set of all the Godzilla movies.  One side of each DVD with the Japanese version of the film and the other with the American version (if there was one).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 12:10:35 AM »

I said it before and I'll say it again, I would like the Charlie Band Empire Pictures films out on DVD. MGM and Anchor Bay have them, and I'm getting a bit impatient.

MGM's Empire aqusition:
THE DUNGEONMASTER (1984)
GHOST WARRIOR (1984)
THE ALCHEMIST (1984)
TRANCERS (1985)
ZONE TROOPERS (1985)
TERRORVISION (1986)
FROM BEYOND (1986)
DOLLS (1986)
ARENA (1987)
THE CALLER (1987)
SPELLCASTER (1988)
DEADLY WEAPON (1989)
ROBOT JOX (1989)

Anchor Bay's Empire aquisition:
PRISON (1986)
GHOST TOWN (1987)
CELLAR DWELLER (1988)
TRANSFORMATIONS (1988)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 03:30:31 AM »

The Godzilla box.  With commentary and extras, of course.  Wow, that'd be one big-ass box to hold twenty six movies.
Also, I want to see a super-deluxe special edition of Barn of the Blood Llama.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
ad
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 06:53:35 AM »

DVDs are a waste of money - they always disappoint me for one reason or another - for example, in Jackie Chan's "Project A" plantinum DVD the audio commentary tells us that the "Tawianese cut of the final pirate fight is extended by several minutes" - but that sequence is NEVER shown in the extras - also the extras are sometimes boring  - sometimes they'll talk about the film you watched - or if your lucky they'll talk about a completley different film for no apparant reason.

The only DVD I want is the Chinese un-cut version of "Drunken Master II"
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 08:04:46 AM »

I'm with Andrew and Brother Ragnarok, how about some REAL Godzilla DVD's?  I'd like the new ones to be released too in Region 1, the ones that came out after Godzilla 2K.  It'd also be cool to see Sho Kosugi represented on DVD.  I know that Revenge of the Ninja and Rage of Honor are coming out sometime in July thanks to MGM, but come on, where's Pray for Death?  Ninja III?  Enter the Ninja?  And let's have some extras from the man himself.. I mean, what else is Sho Kosugi up to nowadays?  Last thing I heard he did was Tenchu for Playstation, and that was some time ago.  Anyways, that would be cool.  

Nick
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

Another vote for the Godzillas....

I'd also really like to waste my money on
Cemetery Man
Once Upon a Time in the West
Chopping Mall
Cheerleader Camp (I like my Leif Garret in widescreen)
Three on a Meathook
Orgazmo

illcos
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 09:20:46 AM »

...is out in july in region 1! finally!!!
illcos
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 09:27:25 AM »

man, it's a long list; i'd like to have my own company to distribute crappy movies.  some at the top are:
'death spa'
'maniac cop 2'
'prom night 4'
'sundown' (bruce campbell and david carradine - whoa)
'welcome to spring break'

...and why isn't 'delicatessen' available in region 1?  i was in england and i was super tempted to get it in region 2 just to have it.  damn!

god, the stuff that kills me is dvd's in moratorium for one reason or another:
'cherry falls'
'lost highway'
'new jersey drive'
'they live'
'tombs of the blind dead'

re-release them! please!
raj

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 10:16:29 AM »

Gotta agree about the Godzillas.  Also, I want The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak-- just the title alone is enough to be proudly sitting on my shelf.  Oh, and Pink Floyd Live at Pompei.  The VHS is good, but I want a DVD version filled with extras!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 10:40:16 AM »

Here are a few (and I'm sure I have forgotten many):

* THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE
* PUPPET ON A CHAIN
* VANISHING POINT (an import is available from Video Mayhem for around $29)
* DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY
* THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD
* THE OTHER (not to be confused with Nicole Kidman's THE OTHERS)
* WILLARD (original)
* BEN
* CRACK IN THE WORLD
* INFRA MAN
* CAPTAIN AMERICA (yes, the really bad Albert Pyun version . . . shudder)
* THE HUNTING PARTY

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD wish list? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.