Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:46 PM
714346 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kong News « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kong News  (Read 4762 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 12:31:32 PM »

With Kong swimming off to Monster Island and Godzilla nowhere to be seen.  The supposed alternate ending with The Big G winning is strictly fanboy legend.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Johnny Blister
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 02:08:48 PM »

ThereĀ“s ALREADY a King Kong remake,why make another one?
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 02:12:21 PM »

Uh, money.  Lots and lots of money from merchandising, cable, video and the lot.  It's all about the money.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 02:31:21 PM »

I heard the endings for "King Kong vs Godzilla" were a littie diffrent. The shot went the same but in the Japanese version it looked like Kong was running away while Godzilla was roaring. But I think the Japanese version would be better (I have not seen it thought) The orginal had no stupit newsbroading casting scenes and the music was better.

-the first rule of fat club-
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2003, 02:39:02 PM »

The ending is the same.  King Kong swims away while the group of observers stand there and comment on the action they have just watched.  Come to think of it, KKvG is not the only movie that ends with The Big G falling and/or disappearing into the ocean while the human characters stand there and watch.  Godzilla Versus Mothra and Monster Zero have similar endings as well.

Funny no one talks about alternate endings to those, huh?  :-D

Chadzilla
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 03:16:45 PM »

HMMMM... I guess Chadzilla has a point but I think when people say Godzilla wins it's like his getting Kong off is turf.

-the first rule of fat club-
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2003, 02:31:47 PM »

Seen KK Vs. G ,original version. listen to the soundtrack on tape for background when tired and wanna relax. G and Kongs roars at "The end", and at the beginning.
Much better then the U.S. cut. "Taco" has some extra comic moments, and the hero gets more face time too. And, better music! Oh, can't have some Japanese guys music, gotta recycle the Library stuff.....arrgh!
Get the Toho stuff in the original cut, if you at all can...trust me, you never regret it...

Post Edited (05-18-03 14:32)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Goon
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2003, 06:56:13 PM »

If they go through with this, I hope they have the sense to set it in te 1930's and not go out of their way to make it pollitacally correct.
The first Kong?  He wasn't a special effect, he was a CHARACTER.  I hope they manage that for the remake.

-----ooo-'U'-ooo-------Kilroy was here.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2003, 07:00:39 PM »

The first script, bad as it was, was set in the 1930's.  As of yet, there is no indication that that might change.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2003, 10:31:38 PM »

Cullen wrote:

> The first script, bad as it was, was set in the 1930's.  As of
> yet, there is no indication that that might change.

Set in the 1930s??? What crap is this??? I demand a movie where semi naked teens are abandoned on the island with this ape, and it systematically kills them in a stalkerish manner. Oh, and I hope there will be a twist ending, that will set it up for a sequal with Freddie Prinze Jr. hahahahahaha.

Oh wait, Peter Jackson is directing? Ok then, sounds like we have a competent man with love for a storyline at the helm. poor Freddie Prinze

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Johnny Blister
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2003, 07:07:19 PM »

THERE IS ALREADY A DAMN KING KONG REMAKE!!!!!!!!!
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2003, 07:34:11 PM »

Johnny Blister wrote:

> THERE IS ALREADY A DAMN KING KONG REMAKE!!!!!!!!!

No kidding.  Live and learn.  I don't think any of us would have known, had you not told us.

Pointless sarcasm aside, there are actually two Kong remakes.  The 1976 version we discussed above and the godawful The Mighty Kong, a review of which can be found here.  Both were made for money and not handled by someone who loved the original (something that can not be said about Peter Jackson, the man directing the next Kong).

It's not like we were discussing a remake of Sexette (which, as I am no longer a "people" person, I believe the world needs right now.)  Just be cool and let it pass.  It's not like SHOUTING ABOUT IT is going to change anything.

raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2003, 07:37:16 PM »

Remake of Sexette?  Shudder!  Who would you have star in it  Anna Nicole Smith or that other well know "actress" (cough, cough, hack cough) Madonna?
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2003, 08:25:31 PM »

Madonna.  I'm not hateful enough to inflict Smith on the world...again.

Of course, I'm gonna wait until 2038 to begin filming...

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kong News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.