Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:00:40 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  best audio commentary on dvd « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: best audio commentary on dvd  (Read 5879 times)
guitarwolf
« on: June 19, 2001, 10:03:12 PM »

Since everyone here seems to be a lover of films both good and bad, I ask you this, "What's the best commentary you have heard on a dvd"? So far, I like the commentary on Cannibal the Musical best. Trey and Matt are totally wasted, it's wicked funny. The commentary on Naked Gun and Kentucky Fried movie are also good. The jokes they make about O.J. simpson on the disc are hysterical.
When O.J. sneaks around at the shipyard, one of the guys asks, "Are we watching the actual crime footage now, or is this still the movie?" Ouch!!!
Chunkstyle
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 12:34:05 AM »

Any Kevin Smith commentary is usually nearly as entertaining as the picture itself. For some strange reason, I've also always been fond of the track on The Last Broadcast DVD in an "edutainment" sort of way. They actually manage to provide quite a bit of technical tidbits and still provide some chuckles.

Then there's the perennial favorite: Evil Dead 2. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi should be present for film commentaries that he's not even vaguely related to, says I.

As for the worst commentaries, I'd like to blast the ones on The Matrix (dull, long gaps of silence) or Shadow of the Vampire (pretentious and the director has a major "filmmaker as god" complex), but alas, I never managed to sit more than halfway through either.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 02:32:06 AM »

Jack Hill on "Spider Baby" is the best in my book so far. Sam Sherman on "Drac Vs. Fankenstein" was great, too.

I couldn't make it through any of "The Matrix" spots. I was really excited about the "2000 Maniacs" DVD, but I couldn't hear half of what was being said because the guy wasn't speaking into a mike.
Heather D.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 03:47:01 AM »

Greetings! The best dvd commentary, thus far, for me, would have

to be "Rocky Horror Picture Show." I almost die everytime I hear

Ricard O'Brien's and Pat Quinn's quick impersonation of Meatloaf.

Not only entertaining, but you learn some stuff too, even if you

are a died in the wool Rocky fanatic.

In second place, would be "Mallrats." I liked "Mallrats" but

I love it with commentary.

-Heather
Fritz
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2001, 06:11:54 AM »

I'm not too sure about the best commentary I've heard is, but the worst title has to go to Detroit Rock City. Could Gene Simmons be any further up his own arse.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2001, 07:01:12 AM »

Have to agree with Chunkstyle-- Sam Raimi & Bruce Campbell's commentaries on Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are great. Among my other favorites are Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest, and Michael McKean's in-character commentary on This Is Spinal Tap, Tim Burton and Paul Reubens on Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, John Waters on Serial Mom, and virtually the entire cast and crew of Night of the Living Dead (even though it's quite poorly recorded). Can't wait till the SE discs of Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs-- Tarantino seems MADE for commentaries.
Gerry
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2001, 10:54:55 AM »

My all time favorite is the commentary on the CONAN THE BARBARIAN special edition with John Milius and Arnold!  It is sooo cool.  The commentary with Twohy and Vin Diesel and that other guy on PITCH BLACK is pretty good too.
Sakerson
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2001, 11:00:53 AM »

Some great examples given here (I\'ll definitely have to check out Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness commentaries).  I found the commentary for T2 was interesting in regards to how they did the different effects (as were a lot of the extras on the disc).  The commentary to Conan the Barbarian wasn\'t bad either (though John Milius had more to add then Ah-nold, who didn\'t seem to remember a lot of what happened at the time, of course it was back in the early \'80s).  The Usual Suspects was interesting becasue they would point out the bloopers (like the different plane on approach then what actually landed, and the lit/unlit cigarette held by Gabriel Byrne) and how they had changed things from the original script.  The Matrix commentary was boring.  The commentary for Battle Beyond the Stars wasn\'t too bad.
Ken Begg
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2001, 12:53:11 PM »

John Carpenter and Kurt Russell on The Thing.  My benchmark commentary.
Andrew
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2001, 07:31:21 PM »

I love (love, love, LOVE) the extras on this DVD.

Andrew
Gerry
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2001, 11:12:26 AM »

I've got to get this DVD!
som
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2001, 04:55:08 PM »

from dusk til dawn has the best commentary i've heard.With robert, and quentin
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  best audio commentary on dvd « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.