Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:27 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A need a translation of Japanese to English « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A need a translation of Japanese to English  (Read 1918 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: May 15, 2003, 01:58:22 PM »

Yesterday I bought "Raijin Comcis" #22, a lot of fun as usual (ARGH! Fist of the North Star Masters Edition #4" won't be in till the 21st of May. I FORGOT!" anyway in Fist of the Blue Sky: Some guy is challenging Kenshiro (AKA Yun Wong) to a fight and he says he's a master of "Nanha Kokamon Gokeiken" The only word of this I know is KEN which is "Fist or Sword". Anyway I'd really like to know what the name is in enlglish. Here it is again:

Nanha Kokamon Gokeiken.

-the first rule of fat club-
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

Dave:

(1) "Ken" can mean all sorts of things in Japanese, especially when it's part of a larger word...this is common, and why written Japanese is pictoral in nature, and spoken Japanese relies greatly on context.

I don't read "Raijin"--I'm already up to my ass in manga as it is--and without a picture of the kanji to go by the best I can do is this:

"Nanha" probably means "southern (nan) school/sect (ha)."

"Kokamon" is a variety of Japanese tree, and also the name of a shrine in Nikko.

In "Gokeiken," the "go-" is an honorific prefix. Some Japanese words take "O-" (like "Ocha," green tea), others thake "go-."

"Keiken" can mean either "experience," or "pious, devout, or reverent." Again, if I saw the written word, I'd know for certain.

(2) When you reply to trolls, you're feeding the Matrix.

(3) You're going to have better luck with this sort of thing at forums devoted to manga and/or anime. This is a possibility, and typing "manga forum" into Google.com will provide plenty of other options.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 01:47:04 PM »

HELP!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 01:48:56 PM »

Oh sorry about "HELP!" but I swear there was a weird respones saying "Roboto man" and it was all weird and I thought..never mind ok i'll try what you suggested.

Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 01:50:36 PM »

Jeez,canĀ“t you guys take a joke?
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 01:57:45 PM »

Yeah well..I'm under stress at the moment O.K?

Johnny Blister
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 01:58:40 PM »

Allright.Chill out.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 02:00:54 PM »

Sure I will...uh by the way what did you say to me anyway in Japanese?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A need a translation of Japanese to English « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.