Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:01:26 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That's Really Clever « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: That's Really Clever  (Read 4488 times)
Dunners
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2003, 11:36:59 PM »

Ah the simpsons its the best show ever....

Homer:
" i drink a whisky drink, I drink a chocolate drink and when I need to pee I use the kitchen sink"

"sweet mother of crap!"

"Kiss my hairy yellow butt"

Apu:
"we're putting that b***h on ice!"

"ooh, a head bag those are chock full of...heady goodness'

Mr.Burns:

"welcome come in, ah fresh victims for my ever growing army of th eundead

Smithers: sir you have to let go of th ebutton

Mr.Burns: oh son of a bit!"

Mr.Burns:

smithers doesnt even know the meaning of the word gay

good stuff :)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 06:12:19 AM »

A scene in Friends where Joey is getting worked up about something and Chandler say "Settle down Lenny."

From Southpark: They're talking about ways to get a lesbian as a girlfriend, not knowing what lesbians are, Kenny mumbles something and one of them asks "How do you know she has a cat?"
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 10:04:14 PM »

Anyone seen Disney's 3 Musketeers???

Oliver Platt, AKA the Fattest musketer pulls a harrison Ford by shooting a swordsman, however, it seems even he doesnt want to really pull off this hackneyed gag, and so it turns out funny

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 11:44:42 PM »

Someone mentioned Space Ghost, so I am inclined, no.... FORCED to bring up the original episode called "Fire Ant" with Conan O'Brian as the guest. In the uncut episode, Space Ghost follows a little ant around the screen for literally 5 full minutes, just calmly saying little insults to it. FIVE MINUTES of Space Ghost on his knees, slowly following an ant. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it, I just couldn't believe they did that. And finally, as the payoff for following Space Ghost for five minutes, a giant ant chases Space Ghost off screen and Space Ghost screams out "Your son's a moron!!" The end. OH MY GOD. It was brilliant to a new level of comedy. I was crying on my knees from laughing. It was un'freakin' bealievable.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
D
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2003, 12:29:45 AM »

How about the episode with the Aqua Teen Hungerforce? Master shake just interupts everyone while advertising all the new stuff, including 'strawberry like' drink. And of course, Moltar kills poor Meatwad and wears his skin, is that clever?
D
ad
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2003, 06:54:53 AM »

I always thought several episodes of "Mission: Impossible" tv series were incredibly clever...like "The Mind of Stephen Milkos"
Neville

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2003, 09:25:05 AM »

Once in "Futurama" Fry was stuck in a prison cell and used the cork from a Champagne bottle to press the button which operated the door. Much to my amazement he started to play with the Champagne as Grand Prix drivers when they are on the podium, only noticing in the nick of time that the door was closing again. I've had lots of fun with this series as well.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 12:00:56 AM »

5 minutes?  I think we timed it and it was actually 11 minutes.  I have the tape here somewhere.  That is one of the funny things about that show:  sometimes they go out of their way to annoy the viewers, just to mess with us.  There were three shows (Brilliant were their names, 1, 2, and 3) with an annoying ringing sound in the background the whole time.  The shows were pretty much copies of each other.  

A great "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" episode was the one with Hanson.  Space Ghost is flying the Phantom Cruiser, but not paying attention.  He runs into the Tooth Fairy!  (The one from "The Flintstones" I believe.)   Ejected from the cockpit, Space Ghost finally gets his bearings and looks around.  He sees the Tooth Fairy dead and ON FIRE!  His reaction?  "Well, that's disturbing."

That was a good episode overall, but the on fire Tooth Fairy and Space Ghost's understated line - oh boy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 06:56:44 AM »

The thing that kills me about the Hanson episode is that it was done before Adult Swim, so as far as anyone was concerned it was still a kids' show. I can just imagine all the little tykes who stayed up late to see Hanson and got scarred for life (in addition to the flaming Tooth Fairy, Space Ghost kills Hanson and meets "Bizarro Santa"). Love that episode.

I think my favorite Space Ghost gag is from the one with Radiohead's Thom Yorke, where Moltar has been left to host the show:

MOLTAR: That is fascinating, Thom Yorke! You are interesting and intelligent, which is why I think we should fight with KNIVES!
SPACE GHOST: (returns) ...Moltar, what are you doing?
MOLTAR: I'm hosting the show!
SPACE GHOST: With that knife?
MOLTAR: Well, you see, our guest Thom Yorke was telling me that he's writing a song about a knife, and he wanted to see mine as research.
SPACE GHOST: Thom, is that true?
THOM: No.
SPACE GHOST: Well, it sounds like a great idea! (singing) I'm a kniiiiife... Knifin' arooooouuuund... CUTCUTCUTCUTCUTCUTCUT!!!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Kirk
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 11:02:24 AM »

Buckaroo Banzai is filled with clever little gags.  Watch when the jet car is preparing for it's run.  The display reads "sined," "sealed," "delivered."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That's Really Clever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.