Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:15:03 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We need more werewolf movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: We need more werewolf movies  (Read 5043 times)
wycked nick
« on: May 16, 2003, 03:24:19 AM »

Does any one else feel that there is a woefull lack of werewolf movies.Ive always thought werewolfs were so much cooler than vampires.Unfortunatly most werewolf movies are lame and just portray them as bloodthirst beasts and never go into the personal details,like how does the person feel about them being a werewolf or even how they deal with it.There are only two movies I can remeber that have dealt with werewolfs and have also dealt with the human side,An american werewolf in london, and Gingersnaps.
Im just saying I would like to see Werewolfs brought to the mainstream.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 04:47:29 AM »

There are a bunch of werewolf movies in the works.  Kane Hodder was just in one that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.  It's probably Werewolf, that sounds right.  And there are  two sequels to Ginger Snaps on the way.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 07:44:11 AM »

Also, don't forget "Underworld" which should be out this summer if I'm not mistaken.  A vampire/werewolf movie that looks like it's gonna kick some ass.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 08:15:20 AM »

What about"Darkwolf"?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 09:52:55 AM »

What we need is more GOOD werewolf movies.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 11:57:48 AM »

Man, I love werewolves. In fact, in third grade, I was sent to the principle for growling at my teacher and "clawing" other students ( hey, I went through a were wolf stage).

So, yes, I think they are one of the most misused creatures out there. Stephen King wrote one book on werewolves which really sucked.

However, you left off some great were wolf flix including Michael J. Fox ' Teen Wolf, An American Werewolf in Paris (was a fun romp) and Dog Soldiers

Wes Craven is presenting some werewolf movie soon, but time will tell on that.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Feathertop
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 01:02:56 PM »

At the mention of the word "werewolf" I'm contractually obligated to put in my usual plug for Spain's King of Horror, Jacinto "Paul Naschy" Molina who did a whole SERIES of films starting in the 60's and 70's in which he portrayed tormented lycanthrope Waldemar Daninsky.  I grant you the films were fairly bad (which is why I love them) but there were frequent insights into Waldemar's pain over his curse.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 01:06:41 PM »

Speaking of Dog Soldiers, it's reported over at Fango's website that Dog Soldiers 2 will go into production late this summer.  Let's hope it's as cool as the first one.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 01:59:58 PM »

"Dog Soliders 2" had better not suck! But if it's in theaters i'll try it.

-the first rule of fat club-
wycked nick
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 02:43:01 PM »

ya i saw the previews for underworld,but its making the werewolf out to be the bad guys.
wycked nick
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 02:46:35 PM »

I know that there are a few new werewolf movies out ther but most of them sucked, that includes dog soldiers.Im talking some good ones that can take the werewolfs to the mainstream.perhaps im asking to much
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 03:15:23 PM »

How about a werewolf movie that takes place on a space station?

Feathertop
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 03:17:24 PM »

How about a novel called "INTERVIEW WITH A WEREWOLF"?......Naaaah!
raj

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 03:17:53 PM »

Where every few hours you see a full moon?  Gotta be tough on the werewolf.  Or how about werewolves on Mars-- with two moons, or Outland meets the Werewolf, where the action takes place on a moon?
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 03:18:32 PM »

How about "Werewolf vs. the Creature of the Black Lagoon" I smell box office with that one.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We need more werewolf movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.