Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:18 AM
714231 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What I've seen lately « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What I've seen lately  (Read 1616 times)
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 18, 2003, 04:58:23 PM »

I Married a Monster From Outer Space
Retread of the Kevin McCarthy version of Body Snatchers, except with incredibly ugly and untalented cast members. Needless to say, the horror was much more horrifying. 3 slimes.

Astro-Zombies
Hadn't seen this one in years, and now I remember why. Afterwards I felt like I had just downed a bottle of robitussin. Not that I would know what that feels like, but I hear it makes you woozy and nauseous. 1 slime.

Necronomicon: The Book of the Dead
The Brian Yuzna anthology flick....Yuzna's episode was the best of the three, along with his wraparound stuff of J. Combs as Lovecraft reading the book. 3 slimes (would be two, but some of the gore made me happy)

House of 1000 Corpses
I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the camera tricks were at times too music-video for me, but for the most part, I think it was part of the film's atmosphere: disorienting and off-putting. Mosely, Haig, Black, and Otis from Henry? Michael J. Pollard? YES.  Seeing Sheri Moon's ass a few times and that shot of the hick cop getting killed were priceless. 3 1/2 slimes.

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 07:51:11 PM »

> I Married a Monster From Outer Space
> Retread of the Kevin McCarthy version of Body Snatchers, except
> with incredibly ugly and untalented cast members. Needless to
> say, the horror was much more horrifying. 3 slimes.

Do you mean the 1958 movie or maybe a newer version?  I sort of like this old film.  The alien suit is neat, though rubbery.  Plus, for some reason the only way to kill the aliens is to sic a dog on them.  The "little wife" gave a good performance at times.  Funny allegory for a normal marriage at the time if you look at it as such.

> Astro-Zombies
> Hadn't seen this one in years, and now I remember why.
> Afterwards I felt like I had just downed a bottle of
> robitussin. Not that I would know what that feels like, but I
> hear it makes you woozy and nauseous. 1 slime.

I am with you brother.  And don't forget the whole stupid power bit, with the astro-zombie stumbling around and finally putting a flashlight to its head.  Egad.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 10:45:56 PM »

I remember seeing Ted V. Mikels on THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILMSHOW on Discovery Channel years ago. He was actually quite proud of the flashlight on the solar panel bit. I wondered why you'd make a movie monster that mostly operates at night, indoors, and in the shadows solar-powered.
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 09:00:20 PM »

Andrew wrote:
"Do you mean the 1958 movie or maybe a newer version? I sort of like this old film. The alien suit is neat, though rubbery. Plus, for some reason the only way to kill the aliens is to sic a dog on them. The "little wife" gave a good performance at times. Funny allegory for a normal marriage at the time if you look at it as such."

The 1958, yeah. I agree with your allegory, and found it very entertaining. But they were ugly. I've a thing about ugly. Still, I love the flick! Glad you've seen it.

Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 09:13:01 PM »

Hey Andrew:are you gonna review"House of 1000 Corpses"in this site?
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 01:01:02 PM »

I did a roll yer own MST of "Astro Zombies". The box was titles "Space vampires", but i knew this turkey when i read the back cover. It am a hoot!
Solar powered Zombies on a night op. Sheesh!
Like the Solar powered submarine in "XXX". Sorry...haveing a lil dificaulty with this concept.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What I've seen lately « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.