Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:52:19 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Mimic 2" Worth the rental? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Mimic 2" Worth the rental?  (Read 3185 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 19, 2003, 11:54:28 AM »

I just saw a DVD copy of this one at my local video rental. I absolutely loved the first one, but this one has all the symptoms of being a piece of crap. I mean:

- Absolutely no one related to the first title on the credits.

- Absolutely no names that ring any bells on the credits.

- Never heard of it before.

- Runs less that 90'.

Anyone seen it?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 01:03:48 PM »

I haven't seen it, but my little brother (age 19) has.  When he was asked if it was worth it, he said, "No.   No.   No.  Dude, it's not even worth watching on TV."  That's word for word, mind.  Italics and bold and all.

Take that as you will.  Bear in mind that he does like Big Money Hustlas ("I like it because it's bad, though," he adds.  "It's not good in the slightest bit.")

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 03:04:03 PM »

I heard that it was BEYOND TERRIBLE, and I haven't worked up the courage to see for myself yet.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 03:37:50 PM »

Shame on you!  You don't recognise the name "Jon Polito" in the credits?  He who was in "The Man Who Wasn't There" and "The Big Lebowski" and "Miller's Crossing", those being the films that spring to mind.

However, having split that hair, I have to say I don't recognise anyone else in the credits, either.  IMDB rates it at 3.9 - shading towards the unofficial classification of "stinkeroo"

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 06:40:32 PM »

I think

Mimic =  Gattaca
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 06:56:43 PM »

Neville wrote:

>  
> - Absolutely no one related to the first title on the credits.
False.  The female lead is the former assitant of the female lead of the first Mimic

> - Never heard of it before.
New does not = bad, sometimes.

> - Runs less that 90'.
Short, like a Full Moon movie?

> Anyone seen it?
I haven't, but word of mouth has been bad.  But it did well enough for Lance Henriksen to hoof it out to Romania to make Mimic 3.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
spike
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 12:39:49 AM »

It was too short and it needed more
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 04:13:29 AM »

i didn't like the first one except for the little boy going "mister funnyshoes..."

it's classic Hollywood craptacularity.

the movie, and presumably its sad abortions of sequels, are based on a short story that is exactly a PAGE AND A HALF LONG!

c'mon now!  and NOTHING from the story is in the movies.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 04:27:06 AM »

Forgive me if I make a small mistake.  I have seen the film, but it has been a while.  Tiny spoiler at the bottom, but nothing that I think would ruin the film for you.  The short version is:  pretty forgettable and when it tries to be a thriller it fails.  The film is very dark throughout, the daytime scenes were even rainy or cloudy.

The movie mostly concerns the female insect expert (public school teacher).  There are numerous scenes at the school.  The woman also has terrible luck with men, appearing to be the sort that attracts psychos (it does not help that she is a freak).  She is stalked by a stranger who appears now and then and appears to be a guardian angel.  The strange, brooding man is a mimic.  I think that the director wanted to make a suspense/thriller like "Se7en."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Neville

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 05:32:54 AM »

> - Absolutely no one related to the first title on the credits.
False. The female lead is the former assitant of the female lead of the first Mimic

I see. My mistake, then.

> - Never heard of it before.
New does not = bad, sometimes.

> - Runs less that 90'.
Short, like a Full Moon movie?

I know, I know. I don't use to despise short movies or unknown titles per se, but somehow I've noticed that this two details combined with other variables (such as being a sequel or having Christopher Lambert / Mario Van Peebles on it) use to make awful films.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Mimic 2" Worth the rental? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.