Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:10:58 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A polite reminder « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A polite reminder  (Read 3889 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 20, 2003, 04:12:57 AM »

We have been seeing a good bit of rudeness lately.  Usually that would mean a great number of flame wars, but restraint on the part of many has kept that from happening.  If someone has a different opinion than yours and you wish to disagree, please do it in a civil manner.

I always run what I post through a test:  would I say it to the other poster in person?  And if you are insulting people every day, in ways that would probably lead to a fight, I don't believe you.  Fights always hurt, even when you win.

There are no words in the cursing filter for the message board, because we should not need that.  If you are going to speak your mind, then it should come out the way you intend.  However, cursing every other word is not productive either.  I am around Marines every day and the rare times that I get seriously mad are known for colorful language (along with stupid, worthless, lazy, and other adjectives).  There is just no reason for using harsh language all the time.

If the shoe fits, then take to heart.  If not, just water off your back and thank you.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 04:33:32 AM »

okay.
i promise to stop making naughty comments.
but the sad part is, i'd probably say it all to the person's face...
the naughty bits, that is.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Steve B
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 11:53:03 AM »

Yeah, I've noticed it too. For some time, I thought I was on SocNet, not Bad Movies.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 02:23:43 PM »

If i've been rude, i'll stop.

-the first rule of fat club-
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 05:53:37 PM »

And thats why i'm gonna stay away from the political crap these days....I ain't Jonny Storm.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 06:01:37 PM »

Susan (or Reel Cinema) made an inquiry into the origin of 28 Days Later and one poster responded with a rather insulting statement.  Andrew deleted it, but because the topic is flagged on my account, I received a copy of it in my e-mail.  Stuff like that is uncalled for, even in jest (unless it is clearly stated that the poster is joking, and even then it's a fine line).

Not taking this b-movie stuff too seriously to begin with is always a nice start.  Part of the joy of movies is having fun with them.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 06:26:06 PM »

Well I'm glad that I'm not the problem person anymore!

I remember about 9 months or a year ago when I started those nasty political debates that went absolutely NOWHERE and made quite a few people angry at me and others!

I've settled down quite a bit since then I think.

I was suprised to see this post from Andrew.

I usually read every post and I really hadn't noticed any problem causers lately.

There are a few that I can think of offhand who tend to be a bit on the immature side but no real hardcore offenders that I've noticed.

Hmmm....

Post Edited (05-20-03 18:32)
Susan
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 06:37:36 PM »

I used to work on CompuServe years ago managing a forum and message board, so I've grown accustomed to completely ignoring any intentionally rude post that is on a more personal level. Responding in ANY way always seems to encourage it.  

On the other hand i know someone I used to get in heated debates about films with, but we never get personal, nor do we take it personal. Opinions are all in good fun and make for good conversation and debate - it's quite pointless to express yours with a vulgar and rather pointless statement.

Plus you dont' wanna see my claws come out ;-)

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 06:40:02 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> There are a few that I can think of offhand who tend to be a
> bit on the immature side but no real hardcore offenders that
> I've noticed.
>
>

I think they call it 'nipping it in the bud' - thus stopping the proverbial ball before it squashes some poor schmuck's proverbial toe.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
spike
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 07:48:12 PM »

This is a site where we should talk about movie and have fun not curse each other
Johnny Blister
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 09:21:26 PM »

Excuse if sometimes I curse,but this is America,damn!People should be able to speak freely.

Especially when it comes to that nasty sow Lizzie McGuire...
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2003, 10:08:58 PM »

...Especially when it comes to that nasty sow Lizzie McGuire...

the Lizzie McGuire that i am not...:))

..."Tease" - JohnL
Funk, E.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 12:02:55 PM »

Hell, I'll come right out and say it:
Chad and Johnny need to chill out.
Niether of them by themselves are bad posters, but they do seem to like to go at each other every chance they get. You two should just stay clear of each other's posts. There I said it.
(Puts on new Level III Spectralite full body armor with ceramic back and chest plates complete with blunt trauma gel pads)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 12:20:45 PM »

i'm sick of all the *&#%$^s and  !!!&^*&(*^s always ruining it for the rest of us dumb *^^*&^ @%*!#@!!!ing (*)*((#&@s...cartoon swearing rocks way more anyway...and is much trickier to type what with having to hold down a SHIFT key and all...

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Johnny Blister
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 05:14:29 PM »

I have nothing against my fellow friend Chadzilla.

If anything,it´s Chadzilla who has a problem with me.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A polite reminder « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.