Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:54 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "What movie is this" #3 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "What movie is this" #3  (Read 1692 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: May 20, 2003, 02:08:58 PM »

Time for "What movie is this #3" So lets begin

I was maybe 10 when I found a horror movie on t.v. How'd I know it was a horror movie...well lets see. A guy in the hospital starts bulging out all over his body, then he gets claws and sharp teeth. I think all the other people in the room ran out but one man with a shot gun shot the monster in the chest but the monster killed him. The people get in cars and drive away in the woods. They come to a jail and a man that looks like one of thos "Evil Corporal Exutive" people (he's small, dressed nicely, bald, wears glasses, he's weak ect.) runs in and locks himself in a cell and stand against the wall. For some reason the people are ready for the monster ( I guess maybe they heard noises outside so they stand ready with guns, why didn't they just keep driving out of the woods? Hey it's a horror movie) then a big claw breaks through the wall right by the Man in Cell, and the claw closes around his head and rips it off. Then it cuts to a man and women in a car and if I remeber carefully the man got out and the car and walked off. Then the women looks out the window and sees the monster (I only got a glance at it but I think it had a fly like mouth and bug eyes remeber. I this was like five years ago so I may be wrong about the looks) The woman runs out the car and is chased by the monster but then the first group of people run into the monster and they wrestle with it for a few seconds, then one man with a shot gun gets on top of it and is able to blow it's head off. (We don't see the head explode but we see him and the pointing down gun) And the people are all reliefed (note : this all takes place at night) My brother saw it and suggested that it could be "Xtro" but i've read summays of it and I doubt this is "Xtro". So any one know this movie?

-the first rule of fat club-
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 02:27:19 PM »

Based on the novel by Edward Levy (poor adaptation)
Directed by Phillipe (Howling 2, 3, and Communion) Mora
Starred Ronny Cox, Bibi Besch, R.G. Armstrong, and Don Gordon (he played the dude in the cell).

A 1982 or so era thriller known for its use of the then cutting edge 'bladder' effect technology.  Mora had the effects artist inflate the bladders to see if they would burst and left the balloon head look in the movie.  Now available on a Midnight Movies DVD release.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 02:31:21 PM »

Is the movie any good (entertaining wise)? When I saw it I liked the gore.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 02:46:18 PM »

It's good for the gore, if that is what one considers a needed element for quality horror (I don't).  The storyline is rather fuzzy (why the transformation happens is never clearly explained much less even given a credible theory) .  But the acting is fairly decent (considering the quality of the cast though, it is not surprising) and the young man who plays the transforming-into-a-monster-youth specialized in those kind of trapped in a body gone mad roles (he played a Tourette's sufferer on the TV show Quincy) before retiring from acting and become an Edgar Allan Poe scholar.  

Sadly the director never gives you a close look at the monster (outside of a
screaming at the heavy through a car window BOO moment) and the photography is murky (though that might be corrected on the DVD - wretched screen projection being one thing I do not miss from my drive-in/grindhouse days of youth).  This is the best horror movie Phillip Mora made, though.  He followed this with the wretched Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf and only slightly less bad The Howling III: The Marsupials before "bouncing back" and making a fairly acceptable adaptation of Whitley Strieber's abduction account Communion.  Don't know what he's up to now.

The producer of the movie was Harvey Bernhardt, most famous for The Omen trilogy.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 07:50:51 PM »

I think i'll give the movie a shot. I agree gore does not make a movie scary.

Johnny Blister
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 07:56:32 PM »

Well...it sounded like"Tremors"to me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "What movie is this" #3 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.