Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:14:05 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mr. Cushing's worst. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mr. Cushing's worst.  (Read 6078 times)
Steve.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2001, 04:08:43 PM »

Cullen - thanx for the sympathy - it's just that when THOSE TWO movies are mentioned, I break into a light sweat and begin trembling. I can rest easy now that I have done my duty to humanity by warning of the horrors out there.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2001, 07:38:57 PM »

Creaky, I know. But, all the stuff mentioned are plot twists. And, frankly, the more twisted the plot, the better I like it. Being a natural contrarian, I learned along time ago, not to take disagreement personally. Thus, feel free to disagree with anything I say, as disagreement is what makes this board so great. But, to prove I am not a total contrarian, I agree that "Bloodbath at the House of Death" is a mess. But, if someone came up to me and asked me whether they should see it or not, my answer would be: "Yes. Then make up your own mind about it." For some of my most enjoyable moments have been watching something that was condemned as being one of the worst excressences of all time. And, on the other hand, some of my least enjoyable moments have been watching something that was praised as being one of the best films of the year. "Happiness" anyone. Enjoy
Steve.
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2001, 01:32:59 PM »

BSK - I agree about disagreement, but disagree about agreement. The best thing about this board is you can give honest, subjective views about movies you have seen. It's up to the individual if they then watch the movie in question or not. The fact is most people will watch the movie they asked about anyway, whether the view given is SKULL or 5-SLIMES. As for "Happiness" - no thanks.
Chadzilla
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2001, 04:22:06 PM »

Cushing did this movie in Greece with Donald Pleasence called, I believe, Land of the Minotaur which is the slowest, more boring wretched excuse for a movie it has ever been my displeasure to try and watch.

Pete (House of Whipcord, Frightmare, etc.) Walker directed House of Long Shadows and it was a real labor of love for him.  The box office failure for the film so proved so disgusting and insulting to him that he turned his back on film and, instead, become a somewhat successful real estate agent across the pond, or so I have heard.

I am no great hater of Star Wars (I'm more of a "I am incapable of caring less about the whole thing" kind of guy), but I always felt that Cushing made a superior villian to Darth Vader and would have loved to see him in a larger part (The Big Dude in the Cloak perhaps?).
Squishy
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2001, 04:08:23 AM »

EW!

Aw, God, I saw "Land of the Minotaur." I hardly remember a thing about it, except that it was insanely boring and a lot of cloaked mannequins get shot/run over at one point. And there's a cheap scare involving a soccer ball hitting a window. The poster art features a giant actual minotaur bringing its wrath down upon some helpless victims, but the movie itself is about devil worshippers that sacrifice dimbulbs to a statue. I can't remember any of the actors--at all.

How good a movie be when all you remember is the movie's highlight, which is the "soccer ball" scene?

"No Smint, no sexual assault."
How's that for an advertising campaign?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mr. Cushing's worst. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.