Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:59 PM
713360 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie stars need to be in better movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What movie stars need to be in better movies  (Read 4703 times)
Rob Phillips
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 02:40:49 PM »

spoilsport!
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 05:17:49 PM »

Definitely Jean-Claude Van Damme.  Yeah, I know I'll get made fun of for this, but I think he's recently shown signs of being a competent actor.  Just watch the movie Replicant, I was amazed how good he was in it.  I think he's to the point now where his ego has been deflated from its previous massive size due to a string of box office flops and direct-to-video movies.  I still think Van Damme could make a teriffic bad guy in a big budget movie.  He might even do decent in a dramatic role, if given the chance.

Gary Busey deserves better roles as well.  One of the craziest, coolest, most talented actors of all time.  Busey can be in any movie and still be cool.  Although I'm sick of the recent direct-to-video/urban action movies that he's been churning out.  He deserves better, especially now that he's cleaned up his act a little bit.

I'm glad to see that Mark Dacascos is getting some good roles lately, for the most part.  The guy's so talented, he deserves huge fame and seems like a cool guy from everything that I've read.

Yuen Biao.  What the hell happened here?  Someone give this poor guy a break, he needs a good/breakout movie so bad.  It would've been cool to see him in the Matrix sequels or something like that.

What the heck has Lance Henriksen been up to lately?  And Rutger Hauer?

And last but certainly not least, Sly Stallone.  Please come back to us Stallone.  Show guys like Vin Diesel that you aren't a has been.  

As a side note, actors like Jet Li (Hero), Chow Yun-Fat (CTHD), Ray Liotta (NARC), Kurt Russel (Dark Blue), Wesley Snipes (Blade II), and possibly David Carradine (Kill Bill) have been able to resurrect or maintain their careers with good/successful movies.  All of these guys rule, they deserve the best.

Nick
Johnny Blister
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 06:02:12 PM »

Inferno sucks,and the Crow TV series sucks mores.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 06:11:18 PM »

Dolph Lundgren wrote:

> Definitely Jean-Claude Van Damme.  Yeah, I know I'll get made
> fun of for this, but I think he's recently shown signs of being
> a competent actor.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JEAN HAHAHAHAHAHA CLAUDE HAHAHAHAHAHA COMPETENT

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Johnny Blister
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 07:52:03 PM »

Hey,Jean-Claude Van Damme kicks ass!
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 01:40:04 AM »

Hey, I'll stand by what I said 100%.  I think he did a good job in Replicant.  He's at least showing signs of improvement in the acting department, IMO.

Nick
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2003, 09:17:15 AM »

Alright, wait until I fasten my tomato-proof vest... Done!

Well, I just wanted to say that Dolph Lundgren (the one here, I mean) has not lost his wits. I had the misfortune of watching "Replicant" myself and I have to say that Van Damme was quite good on it. Not brilliant, but certainly competent. Now, I don't think that proves that Van Damme has suddenly become a good actor. More like a fortunate incident in his career. A pity nobody seemed to notice, much less to encourage him into working harder.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Neville

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 09:35:43 AM »

Johnny Blister said: "Sean Connery rules!"

That's the problems, his later movies don't. Unless you want to defend "The Avengers" by yourself.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
raj

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2003, 09:49:16 AM »

That's because Sean's busy trying to get independence for Scotland.  And possibly set himself up as (the man who would be) king.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2003, 11:44:52 AM »

That's definitely true, Neville.  But I think Replicant was a step in the right direction.  Maybe if handed better scripts, like the one in Replicant, JCVD can actually seem better in the acting department than he really is.  I think that his ego isn't as out of control now as it used to be, so he probably cares at least a little more about his career.  Not that he'll stop cranking out crap, because let's face it, JCVD just wouldn't be the same without the occasional crap movie.  He just needs better offers, which I don't think will happen.  He's already burnt his bridges with a lot of directors that say he's difficult to work with.  But, for some reason, he's still making flicks with Ringo Lam.  It'll be interesting to see where his career will end up going, whether it will continue to be mindless action movies, or ones that require some acting and effort.

I'll be the first one to admit, if the synopsis on IMDB.com is true, Ringo Lam and JCVD's new movie, entitled Hell, sounds awesome.  Here's what it says concerning plot details:

"A man must survive a prison where hardened criminals battle to the death for the warden's entertainment".

Sounds like vintage JCVD to me.

Nick
Johnny Blister
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2003, 05:44:17 PM »

He was the bomb in Street Fighter!
spike
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2003, 09:02:42 PM »

you're very strange Blister
Johnny (censored) Blister
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2003, 04:52:43 PM »

In one way or another,we´re all very strange.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie stars need to be in better movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.