Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:34:13 AM
714333 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What the hell IS this movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What the hell IS this movie?  (Read 2111 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 20, 2003, 11:40:52 PM »

Oh my god, words can't even describe this one.  X-Entertainment has an article reviewing a movie called Nukie, which looks like a cross between E.T. and Mac and Me, and, although I'm sure it's inferior to the genius that is Mac and Me, I bet it's better than E.T.  Anyways, have any of you guys ever heard of this movie?  Or are privileged enough to have seen it?  God, just watch the video clips.. I'm legit cracking up over here, I can't believe what I'm seeing.  I'm betting that SOMEONE on this board has seen this movie.  Maybe I'm making too much of a big deal out of this movie, but it looks hilarious.

Anyone ever even heard of/seen this movie?  Here's the link:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0785/index.html

Nick
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 11:46:25 PM »

Several people around here have seen it.  I know where I can rent it but, along with Star Crystal, haven't quite worked up the nerve to

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 02:14:24 AM »

I haven't seen it, but it has been reviewed at B-notes.  The review covers the whole movie, so be warned.

Of course, judging by the review, this baby can't be spoiled; it's already there...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Phantom187
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 02:36:02 AM »

Dude thanks, I've been looking for this movie since I saw it on Showtime in 94 which was when I was 14. There is a part 1 to this one I remember with the kid from "Flight of the Navigator" be sure and check it on the IMDB. Either it is part one or another movie with a cute ET looking creature also with large ears.

Thanks,
Tito
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 07:02:38 AM »

(Shudder)
Way back when my wife and I had just bought our video player and it was a brand new toy, she hired a clutch of videos.  One of them was "Star Crystal".  

My comment on it?   Well, you know that scene in "The Thing" when Palmer see's Norris' head growing legs and running away?  And you know his comment?  Well that's mine!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Apostic
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 07:37:20 AM »

"Of course, judging by the review, this baby can't be spoiled; it's already there..."

Yif.  Tell me about it.

I wish I could remember off hand which one it was.  I think it was Exorcist III.  Plot exposition describes a priest who'd administered an exorcism that turned particularly horrible; his hair turned white overnight.

Nukie gave me a lot of white hairs.  Someday when I tire of this life, I may watch it back-to-back with Mac and Me.

regards,

Apostic
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 08:50:47 AM »

How bad was it?  Apostic stopped reviewing for a year and a half rather than complete his review of Nukie.  It was THAT bad.

(All right, the googletuple bypass surgery probably contributed too...)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 05:54:04 PM »

Shoulda done a little more looking around before posting.  I didn't know this movie was so well-known amongst the b-movie community.  Anyways, thanks for all of the comments.  If I ever see this movie for cheap, I just have to see how bad it truly is.  If b-movie guys are saying it's bad, then it must be absolutely horrendous.

Nick
Johnny Blister
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 06:07:16 PM »

If you ask me,IĀ“ve never heard of this"Nukie"thing.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 10:20:51 PM »

>she hired a clutch of videos

I think you mean she RENTED a clutch of videos.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What the hell IS this movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.