Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:39:06 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li who would win? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li who would win?  (Read 7503 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 04:29:31 PM »

Even though Jet Li is an accomplished martial artist, Bruce, if he were still alive today would have many many more years of experience and training.

Bruce would mop the floor with Jet Li.

Hell, I doubt Jet Li would even take up that challenge out of fear and respect!

Post Edited (05-21-03 16:29)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 04:42:49 PM »

Bruce Lee was, is, and will always be, the master.

Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude van Damme, Steven Seagal, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Sho Kosugi, and all the rest, would not even exist if it weren't for Bruce Lee.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Johnny Blister
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 04:57:51 PM »

It´s official:I´m doing this fight on my site in the future.

Also,check this out:
http://www.grudge-match.com/History/bruce-jackie.shtml
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 05:01:20 PM »

Asking any question that involves "would Bruce Lee win in a fight?" will produce the same answer every time. YES. My god, it would be like Jet Li wouldn't even have a chance to wave to the crowd before Bruce had him on the floor. You see, Bruce has what is called "street skill." He actually invented his own style of kung fu called "jeet kune do" that is renouned as the most effective form of kung fu ever. If you are fast enough to do all the moves, you are unstoppable using his style. It's none of those fancy poses, or leering taunts to your opponent most of the traditional styles of kung fu use. Instead, it's practical and efficient fighting that dominates the match. Bruce Lee would win in a landslide.

Now the real question is, who would win between Bruce Lee, and his latter rip-off Bruce Li? Actually, it's more like 'how devastating would the pummeling Bruce Lee would give to Li for trying to steal his name and make money using the most shameful kung fu possible be? I'd say he'd kill him three times over before he even hit the ground.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 05:04:56 PM »

Also,this fight has Bruce Lee in the Rollerball arena:

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/rollerball.shtml
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 05:50:26 PM »

As big of a Jet Li fan as I am, I too would have to agree that Bruce would win.  Bruce was simply more of a martial artist, he ate, slept, and breathed martial arts.  Jet Li is an incredible martial artist as well, but isn't the style that he trains under, known as wushu, more of a show of athletics?  I don't know much about wushu, but I could've sworn that I've heard it was more of a "theatrical" and athletic martial arts.  Not that you couldn't do damage with wushu, but I was under the impression that it was more showy and about ability than anything else.  I could definitely be wrong though.  As Scott said, Bruce CREATED his own style.  He was that dedicated.  Jet Li's dedicated as well, but not to the point that Bruce was.  

Nick
spike
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 07:03:28 PM »

Bruce he rules and kicks Jet LI to the other end of the world
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 10:24:47 PM »

Bruce Lee: A lot
Jet Li: one
Stupit posts: several (really the ones about Abe and Lee decomposing are the ones i'm talking about)

I guess Bruce Lee is in the lead.

-the first rule of fat club-
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2003, 10:34:17 PM »

Hmmm

Jet Li is my favorite martial artist, and he was once ranked number 1 through winning a series of tournaments.

As for Bruce Lee, all I have heard is legend and have never seen him fight. Either way, I think it would be close and it would depend on if weapons could be used.

I think my vote would go to Andrew Jackson though, as he was the most brutal president America has ever seen. Take that Honest Abe!

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Fearless Freep

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2003, 12:09:04 PM »

I think my vote would go to Andrew Jackson though, as he was the most brutal president America has ever seen.

He looks like a grandma with a shawl on the $20 bill

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Rob Phillips
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 01:45:58 PM »

. . . I'll have to vote for Jet Li. Dead people don't fight very good (even in G Romero movies), just ask Father Macgruder. If they were both alive then Bruce would win in the '70s as Jet would be what . . . 10? Or now Jet Li would win as Bruce would be in his late 50s or early 60s.

Now to more important stuff, Captain Kirk or Pickarrd?

hehehe

Rob
Rob Phillips
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2003, 01:47:30 PM »

Didn't Bruce win tha Internation freestyle competition in the early 70's?

Rob
illcos
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2003, 01:51:50 PM »

i'd say jet li because bruce lee is dead.  that's not really a fair match.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2003, 02:23:54 PM »

Grudge Match,CBUB,the Fight Club and Project Mayhem have state of the art time-traveling machines that allow to bring in contestants BEFORE they died.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2003, 02:30:32 PM »

Anyway as I said SOMEHOW Bruce Lee came back to life and got into a fight with Jet Li.

-the first rule of fat club-

-NotDotDotSotBotRotRotTotAotE,M,A,FE,H,ZLD P2:IS 2-D -
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li who would win? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.