Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:23:49 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Those are the Lyrics?...who wrote this crap? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Those are the Lyrics?...who wrote this crap?  (Read 5162 times)
Flangepart
« on: June 23, 2001, 11:54:03 AM »

I was watching Big Guy and Rusty the boy robot the other day. And i realised that,when i actualy listened to the theme song, it has the most goofey lyrics i've heard in a long time! I like it, but i diden't relise it at first, because i took it for granted. Same with the theme to Blazing Saddles. "He made his blazing saddle, a tourch to light the way."....thats a line that sneaks up on ya, and goes Booga-Booga! Mel, you bad boy!.  :) And the Fireball XL-5 theme song...its a love song! and on a childrens show? What up with dat? The point is, there are lots of theme songs and such that can be pretty mindbending when you actualy listen to them. Anyone else have some examples to throw into the mix?  Meanwhile....."In the not too distant future...."   BTW, ever hear a theme song that you'd like to hear applied to some other T.V. show/movie?
Phantom 187
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 05:18:57 PM »

Oh yeah many of the Godzilla movies that have the Mothra fairies have some really funny lyrics. I remember this on where the fairies sing to Mothra and this voice translates which is pretty damn funny to me after a long night of heavy drinking. Also the crazy singing tribe from Godzilla vs. KingKong.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2001, 12:48:08 AM »

Well, my pick for worst theme song (played in the opening and closing credits) is from JUNGLE WARRIORS - "I'm In Your Reach". First of all, the song is basically a love song - a strange choice for a movie about fashion models who get kidnapped, abused, and then fight back with machine guns!

Second of all, the woman who sings the the song absolutely can't sing! The song should be renamed "I'm In Your SCREECH!" I just about split a gut listening to the song in its entirety at the end of the movie!
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2001, 04:41:15 PM »

"Beware Of The Blob", by some bloke called Burt Bacharach (what happened to him, by the way?) is utter dreck. The next time you watch "The Blob" look at the scene where everyone is running out of the cinema - most of the extras can't stop laughing. As for Fireball XL5, there was a puppet series in UK  called "Stingray", and the heroine was lauded in the theme - "Marinaaaa" - again a love song on a kiddies series. The connection between these two (Fireball and Stingray) is that they were made in the 1960s. Do the initials LSD ring any bells?
Skaboi18
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2001, 07:05:08 PM »

How about the theme song to The Mutilator?????
It's a typical 80's crap song....it's something like Fall Break.  It makes the film sound like a friggin comedy!!!!  It is definently among the worst theme songs for any film EVER.  Buddy Cooper is the man, and he did great with the film, but what in the hell was he thinkin when he picked the song????  Oh yeah, I forgot, he's deaf.  LOL
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2001, 07:05:17 AM »

http://earthstation1.simplenet.com/bgthemes.html
http://members.nbci.com/toontrackr/

Go nuts. I know I did.

(Sadly, Cartoonwavs.com is no more. However, I haven't looked for new sites lately, give it a shot.)

"They crash him, and his body may burn,
They smash him, but they know he'll return
To Fight Again!
Captain Scarlet..."

--from the pre-"Jackass" generation
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2001, 02:01:26 PM »

Squishy - you mean Captain Scarlet was shown in the US? Did you see any other Gerry Anderson puppet series? - eg Joe 90, Thunderbirds, Stingray (the hero's name was Troy Tempest). I loved those shows as a kid - visible strings and all. There are rumours of a remake of Thunderbirds, without strings! - leave well alone you barbarians!
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2001, 04:16:51 AM »

Aw, lotsa stuff--"Thunderbirds," "Capt Scarlet," "Stingray," and others--ran a couple of years back on SciFi in the wee hours. Not recently though. I was completely freaked out--but fascinated--by the abhorent puppet-violence of "Captain Scarlet," complete with the warning:

"Captain Scarlet is invincible...but you are not. Please do not try this yourself!"

...or something like that. Fox Kids also had one of the series--a later version of "Thunderbirds"? I forget--around the same time. "LeVideo" in San Francisco has a huge collection of Anderson stuff, but I don't know if the videos are still widely available...
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2001, 04:24:12 AM »

Okay, did some checking:

The Fox Kids show was "Terrahawks."

I loved "Space Precinct" for the ten minutes it ran on UPN. Only available on DVD (Region 2). $#!&!!

"Thunderbirds" is still available from Amazon.com, but the others are not. This doesn't mean they can't be found elsewhere.
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2001, 11:34:41 AM »

"Terrahawks". I remember that one. Had a robot sargent that sounded like a real British army Top kick. And some good throwaway gags for the adults. No ones mentioned "Supercar". Gotta mention Supercar! "Danger mouse" was a great Brit kids toon. Wish TNT would rerun it. And the theme to Capt. Nice. ....i saw the show as a kid,can't remember the lyrics! But they were weird!
Steve.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2001, 01:43:08 PM »

Captain Scarlet was indeed violent, and I don't think they'd get away with calling the main villain Captain BLACK nowadays. I only saw the odd episode of Terrahawks, when my daughter used to watch it - oh all right then, I made sure it was tuned to the right channel. Occasionally. I don't remember Supercar, but Dangermouse was a real laugh-fest. You may also have seen Anderson's non-puppet shows - UFO and Space 1999 (which simply stopped after a few episodes with no explanation - besides the fact that they were utter crap). Both of these shows "starred" the-only-American-actor-permanently-based-in-UK, Ed Bishop.
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2001, 03:04:05 PM »

Ed Bishop. The only puppet Gary Anderson never had to carve. He did some of the narration on Gorgo, too. Though i don't recall Bishop on Space 1999. I recall a fan doing a fiction piece about the !999 crew comming across the alien planet that kept attacking Earth in UFO. The Mobiles and other machines were cool.....but the acting was......Why, exactly,  did they use puppets in Thunderbirds agine? Oh,cheaper. Right.
Steve.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2001, 04:06:19 PM »

Cheaper and no "What's my motivation?"
N. E. Moses
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2001, 01:50:55 AM »

I have a few cartoons that comes to mind.  One of those was POLICE ACADAMY (yes they had their own cartoon).  And I'll give y'all one guess who sung the theme song...The Fat Boys.  THE FAT BOYS!!!!  

And another is Transformers: The Movie.  From end to end, the songs (all two or three of them) would make you think you are smack dab in the '80s listening to big hair bands all day.

And, there was, at one time, a cartoon named Conan.  Everytime I sas that show, I always tried to listen to see what the hell they were saying.  And yet I still don't know.  Someone help a brother out on this one.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Those are the Lyrics?...who wrote this crap? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.