Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:50 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bottom of the barrel « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Bottom of the barrel  (Read 12571 times)
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 23, 2003, 04:06:27 AM »

I know Plan Nine is touted as the worst film of all time, but let's be honest, it's a fun flick, laughable in its awfulness.   Acting stinks, sets cheap, editing atrocious, but these all add to its overall charm.  
What I wanna know is what is the WORST horror movie you have ever seen, sat through to the very end and wished you never had, the one you wish you could burn all copies of, made you gargle with kerosene afterward.  In other words, the Bottom of the Barrel.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 05:23:38 AM »

"Breeders".
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, what an AWFUL film!  I saw it back in the late 80's when I was an undiscriminating video viewer with very little taste, and even then I considered it to be abysmal.
Did I say how bad it was?  Ugh!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
TC
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 05:38:32 AM »

A Night To Dismember.

I can not stress enough that all lovers of B-Horror movies should seek this out on DVD...HILARIOUS (possibly the funniest ever) commentary from the director and her director of photography.   It's from the 1980s...I can't even describe what it's about.  The director lost a good percentage of her film due to a vindictive photolab worker and tried to create a movie out of what was left.  It's so so so awfully bad that it's indescribable.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 06:38:06 AM »

Night of Horror. I watched this right after watching a documentary about the Sex Pistols, and my reactions to this film were identical to how Sid Vicious described heroin withdrawals.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 09:21:04 AM »

My personal pick is "Adrenalin: Fear the rush" (and no, the typo in the title is not mine). It is an Albert Pyun Film (!) starring Natsha Henstridge and Christopher Lambert. I'll only add that it only lasts 75' but I whished it was even shorter. Oh, and the plot makes no sense at all, but I imagine you already expected that from Albert Pyun.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
jmc
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 09:33:57 AM »

Revenge of the Dead, also known as Zeder.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 10:40:42 AM »

I have said this before and I will say it again: the worst movie, of any kind, of all time, that I have ever seen in my whole miserable life is (drum roll please) . . .

THE CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

It is on a double feature DVD from Something Weird Video. The other movie on the DVD is CARNIVAL OF BLOOD, which is also quite bad . . . but Burt Young from the Rocky movies is in it  (using a different name in the credits). He plays a carnival worker named Gimpy.

Anyway, CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN is so cheap, boring and miserable that you will not believe your eyes. The dialogue STINKS, the acting STINKS (it looks like the director gathered a bunch of his friends together on a Saturday and they shot the whole thing in a day) . . . everything is completely fake . . . there are some shootouts that are completely ridiculous. They look about as realistic as a bunch of kids playing cowboy and shooting each other with their fingers.

This movie is TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. I encourage each and every one of you to watch it. You cannot possibly understand how painful this movie is (in EVERY WAY) unless you see it for yourself. My guess is that you will watch it for MAYBE 15 minutes and then turn it off. (I suffered through the whole thing).

I may even have to watch it again this weekend to remind myself of how GOD AWFUL this movie is.

AAAAAHHHH!!!!  AAAAAHHHH!!!!   AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Post Edited (05-23-03 10:43)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
illcos
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 10:42:48 AM »

'the dead hate the living'

i think that's what it was called.  man was that a bad idea.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 11:15:26 AM »

(it looks like the director gathered a bunch of his friends together on a Saturday and they shot the whole thing in a day) .

speaking of which, I was going to offer "Forever Evil" as a nomination :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
jmc
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 11:21:09 AM »

The Dead Hate the Living was more mediocre bad, but I agree, it sucked.  

I don't advise anyone to watch Revenge of the Dead unless they're suffering from insomnia.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 11:29:30 AM »

Carnivore.  Definitely Carnivore, without a doubt.  Especially after I found out that it took them something like ten years to release it.  The only redeeming factor of the movie was mullets, and the look on my friend's face after he watched the whole thing, having purchased it from Walmart for $5.88.  That almost made it worth it right there.  Then I went into convulsions after thinking about how bad the movie was.

Nick
Feathertop
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 12:13:21 PM »

Well, since we seem to be talking about Horror Films  that were UN-enjoyably bad, as opposed to the Bad Ones we LOVE to sit through, I would have to say Andy Milligan's movie BLOOD, in which the son of the wolfman and the daughter of Dracula settle down together to cultivate man-eating plants in their basement. It sounds like a schlock classic, but in reality it's arduous to sit through and you have to be a REAL movie masochist just to make it to the end.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 01:53:47 PM »

I'd say the ONE movie that has made me want to turn it off before it was over was "I Eat Your Skin" I mean after about 15 minutes I just shut off that tape and returned right by to "HollyWood Video" and I ran home laughing out of joy.

-the first rule of fat club-
TC
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 02:49:08 PM »

Hahaha....I have this double feature DVD as well.  I love watching "Carnival of Blood" because there's so much intentional hilarity going on (the touching scene at the bad guy's apartment with him and Gimpy, the fat lady cutting in line at the concession stand, ect).  There's nothing fun about 'Curse of the Headless Horseman' though....It was a challenge to sit through it once.  I honestly don't know if I could do it again.  It comes off like an episode of 'Scooby Doo'.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 02:51:18 PM »

Three words - Edge of Sanity.

Return of the Living Dead Part 2 runs a close second.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bottom of the barrel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.