Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:19:32 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "friday the 13th," parts 1-9 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "friday the 13th," parts 1-9  (Read 3230 times)
juparc chacar
« on: June 24, 2001, 01:02:25 PM »

i am a HUGE admirer of the "friday the 13th" series. jason is my favorite movie character ever. here is my list of the best ones in order. the first two are must-see.
1. friday the 13th, part vii (jason fights a telepathic woman...AWESOME!)
2. friday the 13th, part ii (jason haunts a group of teens, before getting his trademark hockey mask)
3. friday the 13th, part viii (jason takes manhattan!...'nuff said)
4. friday the 13th, part ix (jason "dies" after his family comes to kill him)
5. friday the 13th, part iii (jason avenges the survivors of part ii and takes out some campers...in 3d!)
6. friday the 13th, part vi (jason kills horshack!...weird flick)
7. friday the 13th, part iv (even weirder)
8. friday the 13th, part v (jason is "dead," but people are still dying...is there a copycat psycho?)
9. friday the 13th (jason's mom is the killer! even this cheesefest has its moments)
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2001, 02:24:39 PM »

Check out The Burning, it's one of the best slasher movies made.
Slasherfan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2001, 07:08:59 PM »

Screw renting it, order it off Amazo.com, it's COMPLEATLY UNCUT.
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2001, 05:11:10 PM »

Since you are a fan of FRIDAY THE 13th, then you should see Mario Bava's TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE (1971). In fact, FRIDAY THE 13th did rip-off TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE right up to the gory murder sequences. Watch both back to back and you will be astonished.

As for me, FRIDAY THE 13th is not my kind of movie. I'll stick with TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE instead.
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2001, 02:15:21 PM »

Chris - do you like Bava's other stuff? My favourite's are Mask Of Satan (featuring "Miss Cheekbones" - Barbara Steele) Planet Of The Vampires, Twitch, Baron Blood, and the underrated Lisa And The Devil. Bava made very stylish horror movies which featured superb lighting effects and camera-work. His son, Lamberto made a particularly badmovie, released in UK as Demons 3 (probably a different title in US), and I've never seen another movie by him anywhere. It looks like he hasn't inherited his father's talent, but then he can't be blamed for that.
Skaboi18
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2001, 09:45:52 PM »

Wasn't this film also titled "Bay of Blood"????
I think I've seen it...
Chris K.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2001, 10:06:49 PM »

Yes, TWITCH OF THE DEATH nerve was later re-titled BAY OF BLOOD by it's American distributor Hallmark Releasing. Hallmark later re-issued TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE in the early 1980's as LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT PART 2. But TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE has no connection to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT!

And yes Steve, I am a fan of Mario Bava's work. I liked THE MASK OF SATAN (1960) and it's American cut version titled BLACK SUNDAY. I also liked his HATCHET FOT THE HONEYMOON (1969) and his other features. He was a good director and it is sad we don't have anymore of these guys around to create REAL horror unlike Wes Craven and the other so-called "directors". I have also seen Lamberto Bava's DEMONS and DEMONS 2 and felt that they were also good films. Lamberto has admitted that he never inherited the directorial tallent that his father had and it is a shame because Lamberto did have the power to be like his father, but I guess he had a different route to travel (i.e.- Mario directed atmospheric chillers, Lamberto ended up directing slasher picks).

But, TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE has been copied by the people behind FRIDAY THE 13th. Even the death scenes of FRIDAY THE 13th are remarkably similar to the deaths in TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE! Hell, HALLOWEEN was also influnced by TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE, but it did not copy off of Bava's film.
Steve.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2001, 02:03:34 PM »

It's true - Bava was a real one-off. I didn't know his son had done the first two Demon movies - they weren't bad at all, but I thought Demons 3 was poor - maybe because of the terrible dubbing. Does your version of Mask Of Satan have the original music score, or is it the awful overdubbed music? How the hell did Hallmark get away with calling Twitch "Last House On The Left Part 2"? Wasn't  the original LHOTL a particularly gruesome early movie of Wes Craven's?
Chris K.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2001, 03:59:04 PM »

I have the Image Entertainment release of THE MASK OF SATAN with the original English dub and music. I have seen the American International Pictures version of THE MASK OF SATAN titled BLACK SUNDAY which had a new English dub (which is a little bit better than the Italian Engish dubbing) and new music score by Les Baxter. Though the original music score is better, Baxter's music score is more memorable and is almost the same as the original score so the harm is minimal.

As for Hallmark's release of TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE as LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT PART 2, it can be explained. The original LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (which was directed by Wes Craven) was released by both American International Pictures (AIP) and Hallmark Releasing. AIP got involved with the distribution of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT by it's subsidiary company Filmways. But not only was Filmways a branch of AIP, Hallmark was a branch corporation with Filmways! So after the success of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT and the fact that Hallmark did own the rights to the original film then the idea of re-releasing TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE as a sequel did not stop them one bit.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "friday the 13th," parts 1-9 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.