Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:51:35 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Checks and balances « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Checks and balances  (Read 7079 times)
Chris K.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2003, 03:10:23 PM »

All I have to say is you are the webmaster here, so you do what you think is best as long as it's in good intentions. And, apparently from Blister's posts (I refrain from calling him 'Mr.'), it seems like your decision will be done in good intentions.

Let us not forget about the fool who wrote on this board and claimed he had AIDS as well as threaten Andrew with hate e-mail...What was his name again? And Andrew took care of the problem as well.

Personally, I don't think I really had a problem with Johnny. Sure we disagreed, but I don't think we got into an insulting argument. Still, that does not mean I'm standing up for him. I have read some of his other posts and while the possibilities of him showing a hint of intelligence is not very limited, nonetheless he chose to act with rude and insulting attitude towards others. And as much as Andrew give him the fair warning, I really don't see a problem with our webmaster making the right decision. Do what's best, Andrew.
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2003, 04:54:27 PM »

I thought I was alone in thinking he got out of line a lot of times. Your efforts at keeping this board courteous is appreciated, Andrew.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2003, 09:24:39 PM »

What can I say, dude was a dick.  I'm glad he's gone.
A bit about the swearing.  As many have said of themselves, my daily vocabulary is pretty well peppered with curse words.  Don't know why, each person is different I guess, and that's just the way I talk.  I don't go out of my way to say "f**k," and I actually do go out of my way to edit myself somewhat here out of respect because I really dig this board and all the people it brings together.  But about editing, if you're gonna type the word, why bother cutting one letter out with an asterisk?  That draws more attention to what it says than the word itself.  
That said, I'm sorry if I've ever p**sed off anyone on here.  If I CAPITALIZE SOMETHING it's to add emphasis.  I realize the standard connotation of that is that you're yelling at the person, but that's not what I try to put across.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Rob Phillips
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »

Hey, it works for me.

By the way, I guess his dad and I are the only ones who like westerns! Much as I love AOD or a really good and funny splatter film . . . John Wayne or Clint in a western will always get my first attention, besides I can always record the 4 hour version of Dune IF SCI FI CHANNEL EVER RUNS IT AGAIN, while watching Rooster Cogburn!

I think he got more than his three strikes!

Rob
Bubba
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2003, 10:18:03 PM »

I too am glad he's gone. That whole "Hey Chadzilla" thread was downright wrong, and some of his nasty threads were barely even related to movies.
That "Steven Soderbergh Sucks" thread was downright vicious!
Paquita

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2003, 01:17:44 AM »

Okay, maybe I'm the only person who kinda liked him.  Its good that hes gone though he was a complete butt! He was too stupid to offend me! It was kinda funny how all his posts were completely backward and negative, but it was really mean and I can totally see how it could annoy other people.

love colleen
TC
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2003, 01:46:30 AM »

Hey, sometimes, for the good of the team, you have to cut off the dead wood.  

One thing I will give Johnny Blister though, is that his "erotic fantasy" thread gave me disturbing insight into certain individuals on here than I ever wanted to know.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2003, 08:46:23 AM »

Good Decision. He went beyond simply stirring up arguments, and overtly attacked. He singled people out for abuse, and he responded to polite warnings by being even more of a smartass. Glad he's gone.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2003, 12:19:01 PM »

I haven't been posting very long either (been lurking for about three years, though) so I'll quickly add some .02 to the discussion.  The weird thing about Blister was that some of his posts were normal and reasonable, while others were vicious and negative.  It's almost like a Jeckyll/Hyde sort of thing.  I have nothing against the guy, but if a lot of people had a problem with him, especially Andrew, then the decision was correct.

Nick
Bubba
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2003, 04:39:53 PM »

Is it possibly that Johnny Blister can still post messages, only using a different name?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2003, 07:58:52 PM »

Glad that it looks like I am not power hungry, just doing the right thing.  That is the problem with being able to do something - knowing when.

Bubba asked:
Is it possibly that Johnny Blister can still post messages, only using a different name?

No.  His host is blocked.  The server will deny his computer a connection to the message board.

I am always keeping an eye on the board.  Stupid messages pop up every few days.  It just takes me one click to delete them (or a quick entry to delete all posts from a certain person).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2003, 12:00:05 AM »

Hmmm, I personally did not take any offense to Johnny, just found him a nuisance and every now and then he was very agreeable. Is he really affiliated with grudgematch? I used to go there all the time before it got stupid and I never saw a post there that matched one of his posts.

Andrew, Cant Johnny just use another computer?

In any case, he got his fair warnings Andrew and I respect your rules. Being on this board to me is like being in your home, so if someone is breaking your rules, and you have given him warning, then you have every right to throw him out.  and then, throw a flower pot at him too (works in old cartoons)

If he promises him to behave will you allow him back on?

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2003, 01:25:09 AM »

No!

I don't care what promises Blister makes.....please do not let him back on!

He'll quickly resume his old ways.

They always do.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2003, 11:53:12 AM »

Hopefully it won't be a repeat of Josh Patrick, who required the involvement of the police after he was banned. Of course, he was a bit of a nut.

Then again, Blister's in South America, isn't he? Be hard to get at him if he wanted to be a nuisance.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2003, 12:30:43 PM »

The kid (and he was most certainly a kid) had more than a few issues (with empowered women, for one thing), that is for sure, and probably just needed some positive peer attention.  After I raised his ire over saying that I was less than impressed with E.T. and that 28 Days Later was indeed a horror film, I just decided to ignore him, thinking it was for the best.  I did contact Andrew and ask him what the heck it was he thought I did that got JB so riled up that he felt he had to post the To Chadzilla thread (I swallowed the urge to post a nifty little still of Dirty Harry as a response to his asking me if I had a problem with him, which I didn't).  None of my posts were particularly antagonistic or anything (the still idea, while funny, would have been, which is why I didn't do it.  I'm hear to talk movies, not pick fights.)  I also found that he took personal insult at posts I made that were responses to others, not him, that was pretty funny if you think about it (i.e. the James Herbert thing).  I'm sorry to see him go (we have all behaved poorly at one point or another), but there is a certain level of behavior that needs to be maintained on a public forum.  Agreed?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Checks and balances « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.