Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:23 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad/Trashy but Entertaining: I need suggestions for my upcoming bad movie fest « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bad/Trashy but Entertaining: I need suggestions for my upcoming bad movie fest  (Read 8053 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2003, 02:27:26 PM »

and I'm 38.  I did see some early MST3K, after it went national (was it on the comedy channel or some such before Sci-fi?) , I agree that it was the next logical step after the bad movie hosts who would trash-in a light hearted way- the movies they introduced.
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2003, 02:43:46 PM »

Yes, Raj. From 1989 to 1996 it was on Comedy Central (which went through various mergers and name-changes in it's early years, being known as The Comedy Channel and CTV before becoming Comedy Central.)
I even enjoy the episodes from when it was a local show on KTMA TV in Minnesota (thank God for the internet, where you can buy ANYTHING!)
My favorite episodes when it was a local show are:

CITY ON FIRE
HANGAR 18
COSMIC PRINCESS
THE LAST CHASE
SUPERDOME
SST DEATHFLIGHT
THE LEGEND OF DINOSAURS
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2003, 11:52:33 PM »

I like MST3K for the most part, though as I've said in the past I view it as bad movie training wheels--that is, I don't think a person can call themselves a true bad film fan unless they're able to watch the movies as they were originally released.  I know a few folks who are in their mid-to-late thirties or older who despise MST3K but who like the older horror hosts.  I'm 30 and only caught the tail end of the horror hosts.  

I've met people on the net who actually worked on some of these films, or who knew people who did and apparently some of the filmmakers were very hurt by the way their films were treated.  That gives me pause, and since then I've been a little less enthusiastic about MST3K.
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2003, 12:24:34 PM »

I can identify with the way you said many people you know despise MST3K since some people I know never got to see the show until it was on Sci-Fi, by which point I don't think it was nearly as good as in the early years. In fact, some of them who remembered me mentioning the show from 1989 to 1995 gave me a hard time and asked how I could possibly like "that P.O.S." (as they called it.) I had to show them some  tapes of the early years to change their mind.
Haze
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 12:49:53 AM »

When I need those special films to just torture or stupify the B-moive virgins I usually go with some Troma:

Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger Part 4
Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD
Class of Nukem' High

Then some giant monster

Godzilla vs. Gigan
Gamera: Gaurdian of the Universe
Rodan

Next, some hokey witchcraft:

Witchcraft (any of the 11!)
Warlock 1&2
Wishmaster

Then some Alien esque types

Deep Rising
Carnosaur 2&3
Within the Rock

And finally... Some screwy finale:

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Pink Flamingos
Jesus Christ Vampire Slayer
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2003, 11:01:48 AM »

I agree with Feathertop. The Joel years of MST were less acerbic about the movies they showed. More a Laid back attitude common in the Midwest.
Maby they thought Sci-Fi expected such a "With it" attitude. Too bad.

Hummm.....
How about: Deathrace 2000.
Godzilla Vs. King Kong.
King Kong Escapes, if you can find a copy...
Inframan!
Kung pow,Enter the fist.
Invasion of the Astro zombies.
Hummm....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad/Trashy but Entertaining: I need suggestions for my upcoming bad movie fest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.