Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:52:55 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Howling III « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howling III  (Read 1382 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 26, 2003, 08:16:40 PM »

Watched this at around 0300 last night, because my daughter was very much awake and upset and Katie wanted to sleep.

Ugh.

The idea of marsupial werewolves is fine (though it spoils the whole problem with werewolves in human form: not knowing who is a werewolf).  Half of the problem was the awful lines that people had to deliver.  The "big shot director" was one that annoyed me right off.  Heck, we can blame the director too.  The film was downright corny and poorly shot throughout.  The awards show at the end stands out as a really good example of the bad work.

The plot deals with a family of werewolves living in the outback.  One of them is named Thylo and he is a bloody big bald bastard.  His stepdaughter, Jerboa Jerboa, runs away to Sydney to escape the clan.  There she meets a fine young lad and they fall in love.  She gets pregnant and eventually gives birth to what appears to be a tiny mole.  It happily crawls into her pouch (the whole birth to pouch entering scene is plain wrong).

Another part of the plot is that the US and British governments know about the werewolves (the Vatican too) and tried to hunt them to extinction.  One Professor Beckmeyer wants to find the last surviving werewolves and help them work for equal rights.  The werewolf rights movement idiocy also drove me nuts.  Oh, and the professor falls in love with a beautiful werewolf ballerina from Russia.

Lessons Learned:
People with no talent should not try to copy Rick Baker's effects work.
The Brits imported more than just rabbits and rats to Australia.
Werewolves release a massive EMP burst when changing.
Not being worried about a gang rape scene in the script (when you, the woman, are the "object of so much attention") is "vivacious."

Stuff to watch for:
Jerboa and her beau in bed.  He really needs to turn the A/C on.
The ballerina turning into a werewolf on stage.
Why did she run through the arcade?
Hey, it is the guy who drank dishwashing liquid in "Body Melt!"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Shark
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 09:20:18 PM »

As a fellow Howling III survivor, let me just say that you've proven yourself to be a person with tremendous willpower.  Sitting through this entire stinker of a movie is no small feat.

DARKWOLF
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 11:51:44 PM »

I must got tremendous willpower also to watched all of The Howling movies back to back a long time ago on HBO the first Howling I loved but the others was really really bad but one good thing about them is beautiful women get naked that's all.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 03:52:48 AM »

One question - how does Howling III compare to Howling II ?  Just wanting to know how much pain I'm in for when I finally get around to watching it.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 04:08:17 AM »

i have seen this movie and for days afterward, i was tormented by thoughts of insanity.

what a terrible travesty of cinema.  honestly, for dreck like this to follow a cool flick like The Howling is a sad, sad thing.  i didn't like #2 either.

and just WHAT kind of name is Jerboa?  especially for a girl?  and what kind of normal boy would hang around a woman that had a POUCH?!

..."Tease" - JohnL
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 01:54:49 PM »

I don't think my experince of "Howling III" was as bad as the other people on this topic (NYAH NYAH!) I mean I saw what I call the "good part" on TBS when I was 12. The parts I saw were....1)some old man dying and getting his body put into a big fire. then later two soliders show up and look at the skeloton of the man, only now it looks like a werewolf, the werewolf skelton wakes up and bites one solider but he pulls it off and they machine gun it to pieces. 2) the group running away has one guy stay back and he's talking about turning into the "big one" or something crazy. At night we see the two soliders, one standing guard the other in the tent, the solider in the tent thinks something's a miss so he pulls up his rocket launcher, and then this big werewolf head comes in and the guy blows it to smitherens (I was shakin in fright at all this) after that boring stuff happens and the movie ends strangly. I probaly didn't have a bad time because: I didn't not see the whole film and I liked the giant werewolf head, but if I went back and watched the whole movie I'm sure i'd have a bad time, some lets end at that.

-the first rule of fat club-
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Howling III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.