Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:14:32 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie  (Read 6763 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 27, 2003, 12:39:47 PM »

There have been so many movies where the characters make really stupid decisions. The most common example is when someone is safely locked inside the house, but they hear a noise outside and decide that they should investigate (barefoot, wearing a nightgown, and carrying only a flashlight), even though about 8 of their friends have recently been decapitated, burned, hanged, impaled, slashed, crushed, etc.

What is your favorite example of a character doing something REALLY stupid?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rob Phillips
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 01:36:57 PM »

How about cartoons?

I nominate Wiley Coyote! Doe's he actually think he's going to catch the Roadrunner? Or perhaps Sylvestor the cat . . . if either one of these characters ever caught their prey the would be in the unemployment line the next day!

Thoughts?

Rob
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 01:43:47 PM »

But it answers the question.  I was browsing the horror section of the local used book store and happened across a tome called Slime, a Blob style monster knock-off.  Picking it up, I read the opening pages.

Prologue has Nefarious Evil Corporate Goons illegally dumb toxic waste.  Cliche Check #1.

Opening Chapter: Gentile Farmer (who will be our first victim, no duh - Cliche Check #2) roams his land only to discover his prize cows dissolving in puddles of GREEN SLIME!!!.  The Farmer watches, aghast for a few paragraphs (thus allowing the author to describe the slurping, crackling sound the slime makes as it feeds.  Gentile Farmer notices the slime in the grass sliding over his shoes, but it seems to lose interest.  He then sticks his finger into, to see what this glop eating is cows is.

Let me repeat.

After seeing his cows getting dissolved by a GREEN SLIME!!!, and after seeing this GREEN SLIME!!! slithering around his feet. Farmer Gentile proceeds to STICK HIS FINGER IN IT!!!!!!

Needless to say, there is a nice melting Farmer passage.  Nice to see Darwin in action.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
illcos
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »

the redhead girl in 'the raft' (the second bit from 'creepshow 2') does the same thing - why would people want to touch ooze?
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 03:17:05 PM »

I'd have to say the decision by the evil cyborgs in Future War to take the time to build a galaxy-spanning empire of time machines to enslave mute kickboxers and dinosaurs rather than to build thumbs.  Yes, for those fortunate enough to have missed this one, I said they don't have thumbs.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Jim Hepler
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 03:18:39 PM »

Probably in the Stuff, where the guy sees mysterious ooze leaking out of the ground so he eats it.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 03:43:31 PM »

The one that comes to mind is Ally Sheedy's reporter character in Man's Best Friend.  She finds an enormous, mean-looking dog in a lab that's obviously doing some kind of illegal medical research and TAKES THE FRIGGIN' THING HOME.  Idiot!

A close runner up would be any mad scientists who create monsters and put them in cages that spring open automatically when the power goes out.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
raj

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2003, 04:04:40 PM »

Or evil overlord wannabes who continue to give detailed plans to captured heroes, giving the heroes time to escape.  Enough already.  Don't you evil overlord wannabes ever watch movies?
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2003, 09:36:13 PM »

everyone from resident evil....just cause I hate this movie and everyone in it  to death...

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2003, 10:31:20 PM »

illcos wrote:

> the redhead girl in 'the raft' (the second bit from 'creepshow
> 2') does the same thing - why would people want to touch ooze?

Well, at least she had the excuse of being hypnotized by the ooze.  Farmer Greenbean had only hisowndumbself to blame.

Then there was the old dude in The Blob and its remake.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 10:54:45 PM »

Right on! "Hey! What's this! It's coming out of the ground" reaches down and sticks finger in it. Hey! For something oozing out of the ground, this is pretty good! Give me a break. Fun movie though.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
mo'lock
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2003, 11:51:08 PM »

Our heroes in Cannibal Ferox (Make Them Die Slowly) who decide to hang out, for no particular reason, in the cannibal village while trying to elude the cannibals who live in the cannibal village.
yaddo42
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 09:18:16 AM »

When the black girl opens the front door in Slumber Party Massacre only to be instantly cut down by the Driller Killer. Anyone could see it coming, she hadn't been a stupid character until that point. And they killed off the cutest girl in the flick just to jack up the body count a little more.
Damien01
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 10:03:02 AM »

You know the most dumbest thing I've seen and I couldnt believe how old it was...

ABBOTT & COSTELLO in Hold that Ghost...

The party finds a dead body in a room, and seconds later cops show up (strangly how nobody calls for them) then they show the cops the body and no body... So the cops says "we are going to look thru the hotel"

And would you believe what happens next...

The party agrees to go to bed and sleep for the rest of the night... Wait for one second here... first you have a dead body in the house, and cops walking thru the rooms and your group wants to go to bed...

And this is from an old movie too... :D
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 12:30:42 PM »

Any protagonist who manages to capture a small but nasty creature in a box, garbage can, suitcase, etc., then can't resist peeking in to see if it's really in there.

All James Bond villains. By now they should realize that Bond needs to be shot on sight.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.