Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:09:35 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who wants to create their own comic book series? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who wants to create their own comic book series?  (Read 2873 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: May 27, 2003, 02:18:03 PM »

Man I love comic books. I mean I like spider-man and batman's kinda cool , so is Superman (I mean the REAL Superman, not that stupit blue energy Superman) I've been drawing some form of comics for a long time. Like in 2nd grad I was drawing crayon adventure stories of a overwheight superman (I mean I just drew circles for the body) then when I was ten I started getting into Japanese comics. Geez those are so cool, I mean in Japan they come out weekly in anotholgy stories (and plus they're in black in white so that's one less job for me to do) I also like the right to left page work. I'm currenlty doing my own action kunfu comic book and I have to say I think i'm good a storylines but my art still needs to mature a bit more. I'm hoping to be a great comic book artist someday, and creat tons of cool comics that make me famous and rich!Then I'll donate that money to stuff that I want to donate to and people will say "Hey there's a rich person that isn't complete jerk." I mainly like doing action or fantasy comics cuz i'm not great with comedy or drama. Anyone else into creating their own comicbooks? (Sorry but i'm in a strange mood today)
-the first rule of fat club-
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 03:19:53 PM »

I used to draw really bad Godzilla comics when I was little.  I don't do much serious drawing anymore, but none of the notes I take in class are legible because I doodle all over the pages when I should be paying attention.  I've always wanted to do something about the fact that I'm not too bad an artist (still not good enough to work for Dark Horse or anything, though), but my problem is I can't draw people.  I don't know why, but I can never make any facial features distinguish one person from the other...

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 04:53:28 PM »

I used to draw comics when I was a kid. I used colored pencils and everything. I liked to make comics with "teams" of heroes (like the Avengers, the X-Men, etc.) I would invent my own heroes and villains and give them really cool costumes and powers and stuff.

I actually started buying comics again about 2 years ago. Not the new ones, but the Silver Age issues that I used to have when I was a kid. You know . . . the ones that I paid 15 - 20 cents apiece for when I was younger, but now cost me hundreds of dollars to buy because they are collectors' items? (I'm such a fool).

Anyway . . . I bought comics for about the past 2 years . . . built up a really nice collection including:

Amazing Spider-Man:      1 - 200

Avengers:       1 - 150

Daredevil:       1 - 130

Iron Man:          1 - 120

Plus many, many others.

Unfortunately, I spent way too much money and I have been selling them on Ebay. Well, it was fun while it lasted . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
illcos
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 08:48:28 PM »

i was big into drawing and writing comics for a long time, i almost fathomed trying to make a career out of it - but the fact that i had a very loose grasp on anatomy, perspective, and general background rendering caught up with me (haha),  i used to come up with some crazy stories in my personal comics though.  there was this one where the main character (a cold war operative that was laid off after the cold war ended and went into freelance mercenary work) has a dinner party and his apartment neighbors (a stoner and his girlfriend who believes she is death) mistakenly bring jeffery dahmer (who had recently escaped from prison, and to cover up the escape - the prison warden told the media that he had died).  pot luck hilarity ensues!
Funk, E.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 09:05:38 PM »

I had an idea for a comic called Redemption: The Cronicles of Jeckaline Wraith
About a girl born to a demonalogist who mated with an incubus. My only problem is a) I'm a perfectionist and it would take about five years for me to draw each issue and b) consistency is not my strong point.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 10:24:38 PM »

I'm not too bad an artist, at least when it comes to people. I do my best when it comes to action scenes, specifically wrestling (I've drawn countless numbers of wrestling pictures), or just poses. My problem is that I can never draw the same person twice, because I always end up changing something about their appearance that makes them almost a different person. Bah!

I used to draw my own Aliens comics when I was in 3rd and 4th grade. My friend Ryan and I also had our own 5-issue Ghostbusters comics series in 6th grade (I still have all of the issues...all of which suck, by the way).

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 01:44:51 PM »

I'm kinda o.k. at drawing backgrounds, and I'm good at making cartoon people (usualy they're chins are really big V with the mouth the center of the "V") they're really pretty simple not highly detailed, but I wanna make action stuff. Because when I draw action scenes instead of talking scenes they go quicker, but of course there would be story and development.

BlackAngel
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 01:03:20 AM »

Hey Dave, where are you?  I hope you're in the New York (or at least Jersey).  I'm also currently working on a series myself (about a guy on a different planet that has animal hybrids).  A couple of friends and I are doing the same thing and also trying to start a company.  The company thing is right now on hold, but we're still drawing our series and maybe you can come and see us.  You can see my address.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 07:04:36 AM »

I was majorly into comic when I was 10. I never actually drew any comics, but I came up with a whole bunch of characters (including one named Vermin Boy...). I stumbled across one of my fourth grade school books recently-- which, of course, was filled with doodles-- and some of them weren't bad. I think my favorite character was Star Spangled Bullfrog, a completely normal frog with an American flag stuck on its back, who would just happen to be in the bad guy's way and then get lauded as a hero.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 02:02:58 PM »

Well BlackAngel I'll be honest I live in *AHEM*.... Eugene Oregon. And I just wanna say I'm not a hippie or a redneck (I've got this paranoia that all the other States view Eugene Oregon as the capital of hippies). But I hope your company works, but I draw my comics defirently than other comics in the U.S.A I do it Japanese style, (right to left). I don't know if you agree to that or not but I like it a lot (One because it's diffrent 2) I'm left handed so my rist kinda smears a littie if I do it left to right. It would rule if a indepent comic book company sprang up and became popular.

spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 02:01:40 AM »

i'm writing a comic book, but i can't draw for poo.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who wants to create their own comic book series? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.