Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:25:44 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Books vs. The Movies" Who would win? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "The Books vs. The Movies" Who would win?  (Read 5767 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2003, 02:15:21 PM »

An excellent book, I do recommend it (just don't get a copy with the "everything turns out ok" ending)
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2003, 02:49:35 PM »

We had to read the book in class this quarter and my tescher pretty much stated that the ending was also a cop out.  I didn't like the fact that George doesn't die in the movie though.   O well Billy as a cop mightn't have been so good anyway.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 03:10:54 AM »

Starship Troopers the book was definitely better.
usually the book is always better.

did i ever mention my hatred for the movie Mimic?
oh how they ruined THAT short story.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2003, 12:08:12 PM »

I think TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A. is a rare example of a movie being BETTER than the book it's based on.
I'm going to point out that the Emperor has no clothes and also say that the book THE THREE MUSKETEERS is pretty dull and that ANY movie version of it has been an improvement on the tedious source material.
On the other hand, I think the original SCARLET PIMPERNEL novel was better than any of the films.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 12:19:59 PM »

raj wrote:

Plus, it is easier to carry a book
> around than a dvd player & tv.

Not anymore, they now have portable DVD players with its own screen that are about the size of a Michener novel. DVDs 1, books 0

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 12:27:42 PM »

Let me say, for the longest time I felt that the bible was boring and then I sat down and read it, (by bible, I mean old testament being Jewish and all). There are so many cool things that happen in the bible that no movie compares to it. I think the closest and best adaptation of the Torah so far is Spielburg's animated foray, the Prince Of Egypt.

Anyways, here are others:
Rosemary's Baby - Man the book was so intense, I couldnt put it down. The movie did a good job, but since the clothes and hair styles are so campy, I had to give it to the book. Plus, it blows Astronaut's wife way out of the water/
Book - 2   movie - 0

I also like The Omega Man vs. I Am Legend, or whatever it was called and yes I read them both." While much of the story is changed, I must say the movie is better, more entertaining, and not as predictable as the book.

Book - 2,   movie - 1

Finally is Conrad's Heart Of Darkness. I have never seen Apocalypse Now and have no interest in seeing it any time soon, the book was one of the WORST things I have ever read, with no punctuation or fun characters, and so I cant believe the movie could be worse.

Book- 2, movie - 2.

So, there you have it folks, an even tie.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2003, 01:28:50 PM »

Yeah, but the screens are too small.
SkullNinja
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2003, 02:45:01 PM »

Howling the book vs Howling the movie, movie wins hands down, just because it has a sense of humor. Little more in common than a few of the character names. Howling II and Howling III bear nothing in common with the books of those names.

Last Man on Earth vs Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price) vs Omega Man - Book takes it. The ending has more guts than either of the movies. Be interesting to see it Ahnuld manages to get his version off the ground.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Books vs. The Movies" Who would win? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.