Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:22:28 PM
714372 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Filmmakers who SHOULD have been in... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Filmmakers who SHOULD have been in...  (Read 884 times)
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« on: May 28, 2003, 08:21:11 PM »

Answering Vermin Boy's (Hey, how about a comic book called Rodent Man and Vermin Boy?) question about who sells copies of THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW got me thinking again about which filmmakers I would have LOVED seeing if they had done a 3rd set of INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW episodes:
COFFIN JOE: Hell, I think it's a damn shame that the show wasted time on Fred Olen Ray while ignoring Brazil's "King of Horror". I also think Doris Wishman should have gotten an episode to herself and not have had to share time with Ray.

SHINYA TSUKUMOTO: Somebody put this man in charge of a studio!

JORG BUTTGEREIT: If you're going to call your show "The Incredibly Strange Film Show" you've GOT to have the onions to feature this guy's films.

THE SHAW BROTHERS: These guys carry a million film anecdotes with them wherever they go!  

DYANNE THORNE: Okay, I know she's not a director, but neither was El Santo and the show did an episode on HIM! Besides, I think an in-depth look at her film work, especially the gloriously tasteless "ILSA" movies is LONG overdue!

JACINTO "PAUL NASCHY" MOLINA: I'm sure everybody at every Bad Movie Board on the 'Net is fed up with me mentioning him, but when you consider how an all-out subculture has developed around the subject of Bad Movies I'm always stunned at how little appreciation this guy's films get! Hell, Coleman Frances gets mentioned more than this guy!  

I stuck to six selections since that's how many they did in the 2 sets of THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW and SON OF THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW.  I guess we could call our make-believe version THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW STRIKES AGAIN. Anyone else have any directors they'd like to have seen on that show? (And yes, it's okay to pick directors based solely upon wanting to hear Jonathan Woss, er Ross pronounce their names with his lisp. And that's not a cheap shot, I think the guy was GREAT on that show!)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 12:03:13 AM »

well thats because we all HATE coleman francis.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 05:18:32 PM »

By singling Coleman out I just meant I was surprised that with so few movies to his credit he seems far better known than Naschy, whose movies I've long felt should be as notorious as Japanese monster movies or peplums or Mexican Wrestling Films.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Filmmakers who SHOULD have been in... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.