Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:01:17 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What part of the World do you live? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: What part of the World do you live?  (Read 20114 times)
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2003, 07:44:29 AM »

Royton, Oldham "Bad Driving Capital of the World!"

That's the North West of England to you trans-Atlantic types.  And the AA really did say that Oldham's drivers were the worst in the country.

100/100 and 115/115?  Ooh, that sounds lovely.  Here we manage something like 40/364.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2003, 10:32:41 AM »

Columbus,Ohio. State capital. I like it. Must, lived here all my life, except for traveling.
Conrad: I've seen those "Worst drivers" shows on the Learning Channel....must be why i feel i know where you live!
Raj and Dolph are ohioans? Whoda thunkit? Count me on the "Taft sucks." bandwagon. Can't we get ANY break with the political situation? If it wern't him, it would have been "Mr Janeway"....sheesh!...um...Ohio poiltics, here, guys....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
raj

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2003, 01:45:10 PM »

But you've got the cubbies!  What could be better than whiling away the afternoon in Wrigley -- and you don't even have to drink.  You've also got the White Sox (ok, sorry about that).
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2003, 01:58:36 PM »

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Population of just under 100,000, but part of a three-city conglomeration with about 400,000 people. It's about an hour from Toronto, and about 15 minutes from the small town where I grew up and still work.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2003, 01:59:08 PM »

London, England.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2003, 02:15:40 PM »

The count; one from England, One from Canada, one from Sweden, one from Spain, and a ton of people from the U.S.A (i'm not really surprized by this one)
MWA HA HA THIS SUBJECT IS HUUUGGGGEEE!

-the first rule of fat club-
raj

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2003, 02:17:14 PM »

Just coming from South Carolina, I have to say the politics here are a step or two up.
Is Governor Bob part of the Taft political dynasty?
Damien01
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2003, 02:26:14 PM »

Paquita... Do you work by the loop???

I work in a building next to the Sears Tower...

As for things happening in Chicago, it depends on where you are and who you are...

Back in 1990's I used to drive around with my friends and shouting at people walking by, and tossing soft drinks at well dressed gang bangers... We even got into several fights with Skin Heads (yea, there were skin heads in Chicago) ... The memories of the craze things we did were great!

I've even panted a "Jolly Roger" on the hood of my car (it was a 1982 Dodge Challanger) and that was funny when you think of that... :D
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2003, 02:26:57 PM »

no no......2 from England.

Conrad & Pete B6k.

I know I've seen a few Aussies on here as well but they come & go and usually don't become regulars.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2003, 02:29:40 PM »

Oh sorry..Two people from England.

-the first rule of fat club-
Skip Winston
New Visitor

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2003, 03:37:28 PM »

I'm in PHX too. Are you guys affiliated with that "Movie Burrito" show on knotradio.org? If not, have you heard of it? If you haven't, you should check it out. I guess they have a pretty good fan base, and they talk about great b-movies, and have some pretty good guests sometimes. I have to contact those guys to see if I can talk to them about my movie that came out recently. If you're affiliated, let me know!

"You think You're better than me?"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2003, 05:04:52 PM »

Ooh, that's a good one! I just might do that-- my friends and I make movies. so we've got a few prop knives. Most of our McDonalds stuff is actually pretty tame so far; we usually just show up, either at midnight or at a time when there are lots of little kids, wearing suspicious clothes (either zoot suits or wino type stuff, always with sunglasses), and always order Happy Meals.

Like I said, Family Dollar is more fun-- we go in and haggle endlessly (we once came so close to getting 6 dozen Kiddie Neon Sunglasses for a dollar!)

Can't wait to wreak havoc in Boston next year...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Paquita

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2003, 07:20:20 PM »

i work a few blocks from the sears tower right next to the opera house!

you have a pirate flag painted on your car? thats the coolest idea ever! i always wanted to have a hearse with naked girls painted on both sides!

love colleen
yaddo42
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2003, 09:03:45 PM »

I'm from Sheffield in north Alabama, it's a town of about 9,000. But it's also part of a group of four towns all clustered together around part of the Tennessee River. The largest town, Florence, has about 35,000 people; and there are maybe a little under 100,000 living in the Quad-cities and the surrounding two counties. While there is some nice scenery here, there is very little to do if you aren't enamored of some of the historical attractions. The nightlife is a joke, draft beer isn't allowed, and Sunday alcohol sales are still illegal. Maybe I should try creeping out the employees at the Dollar General (kind of like Family Dollar, I can't tell the difference between the two) across the street from me.

The various city leaders are part of an effort to turn the area into a tourist attraction and retirement community with a large golf complex, fine hotel, a riverside development project, and yet another attempt to refurbish a mushroom looking tower that has been a money losing failed tourist attraction for its entire existence. It's currently closed due to being unable to pay it's bills, and every attraction or restaurant they put in there going under.

I've been to Tucson a few times, my extended family seems to like it since we keep going back. I've always wanted to visit Oregon, the Pacific Northwest seems like the kind of area I'd like to move to one day.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2003, 12:31:14 AM »

Skip Winston wrote:

> I'm in PHX too. Are you guys affiliated with that "Movie
> Burrito" show on knotradio.org? If not, have you heard of it?
> If you haven't, you should check it out. I guess they have a
> pretty good fan base, and they talk about great b-movies, and
> have some pretty good guests sometimes. I have to contact those
> guys to see if I can talk to them about my movie that came out
> recently. If you're affiliated, let me know!
>

Nope, that's the first I've heard of it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What part of the World do you live? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.