Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:22:28 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  80's movies. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 80's movies.  (Read 1809 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 31, 2003, 10:56:28 AM »

I love 80's movies with a fierce passion. It may be that they don't have much CGI, or that the scenario doesn't blow up every ten minutes, or more probably that they use to have loads of nudity and violence. Anyway, I found this cool website dedicated to these movies and I though it would be nice to share it. Here it goes:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 05:43:54 PM »

Thanks for the link,bro,for it's one that we 80s exploitation cinema fans surely can't live without.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 06:46:48 AM »

amen to that!
i'm a happy creature now.
thanks for that link.

..."Tease" - JohnL
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 12:15:47 PM »

that is a cool site. nice blend of comedies, dramas, horror, etc.

i suggested they review DOIN' TIME ON PLANET EARTH...an extremely underrated flick co-starring ADAM WEST!!! as an alien...

Doin' Time on Planet Earth - 1988 (PG). (VHS) Directed by Charles Matthau (son of Walter Matthau). 70s teevee Batman Adam West! and a woman with an occupied birdcage in her hairdo both stalk an alienated (literally) teen. Their cult needs the teen to navigate a revolving restaurant to their home planet of B-52. Enjoyable 80s flick is an underrated sort of semi-cross between Better Off Dead, Can't Buy Me Love, and a 50s sci-fi flick. A RECOMMENDED 80s offering.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 12:24:46 PM »

Yeah I used to frequent that site but don't much anymore. Its still an amazing source for 80s movies.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 09:52:16 AM »

I found the 80s to be the turning point in movies. With the demise of the drive-ins, the mass production of videos, and the rise of cable television, movies started to go down the drain. The 80s gave birth to never ending sequels and remakes and we still haven't recovered. I still prefer the 70s, and I am trying to think of a way to bring that decade back (without the polyester clothes, however).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 10:07:32 AM »

...have been with us long before the 80's, I'm afraid.  Just as a for instance, think about the Bond films.  That series keeps going and going and going, and it started well before the 80's.

Some movie producers (and I'm not talking about Bond, persay) try to squeeze as much money out of a property as they can.  It's the way it has always been.  It's the way it'll always be.  Sad, isn't it?

The Burgomaster wrote:

> I found the 80s to be the turning point in movies. With the
> demise of the drive-ins, the mass production of videos, and the
> rise of cable television, movies started to go down the drain.
> The 80s gave birth to never ending sequels and remakes and we
> still haven't recovered.
_________________________________-

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 12:13:56 PM »

Cullen wrote:

> ...have been with us long before the 80's, I'm afraid.  Just as
> a for instance, think about the Bond films.  That series keeps
> going and going and going, and it started well before the 80's.

I agree that there were movie sequels prior to the 80s (you can go way back to the Thin Man series, the Dick Tracy movies . . . hell, even movie serials were basically short versions of sequels). But I think the 80s really brought sequels to ridiculous extremes. Many of today's movies are made with sequels in mind, rather than being made as "stand alone" features. Hell, many sequels are produced simultaneously with the original movies these days! (This happened in the past with movies like THE THREE MUSKETEERS and THE FOUR MUSKETEERS, but it seems to be a growing trend nowadays).

Just about every "blockbuster" movie that is produced now is set up so that it can spawn countless sequels: MATRIX, X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN, THE MUMMY, STAR WARS (which will continue to whore itself to the public for many years to come) . . . hell, even LEGALLY BLONDE and DUMB AND DUMBER!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 05:29:14 PM »

Thanks for the link, Neville.  I'm a huge defender of 80s flicks.  Any decade that had ninja flicks in the mainstream is a godsend IMO.  Great site, by the way.

Nick
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  80's movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.