Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:51:58 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  5.88 Bin Once Again Fights Boredom! Film At Eleven! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5.88 Bin Once Again Fights Boredom! Film At Eleven!  (Read 2494 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: June 01, 2003, 09:41:51 PM »

Headed over to Walmart with my wife last night after seeing Finding Nemo (post on that tomorrow).  While cruising around, I noticed that my Walmart now has three 5.88 bins.  I thought "WOW!  What great treasures might be lurking in there?"  My wife must have seen the gleam in my eye, because she walked away, leaving me alone with the bins.  

Didn't find much at first.  Logan's Run and Shaft's Big Score were it.  That is until I moved on to the next bin.  From the depths of the bin I see a picture of Gene Simmions staring back at me (I'm leaning nearly completely into the bin by now.)  Now I think to myself "Could it be that my Walmart actually carries Trick Or Treat on DVD?  No.  I have no such luck."  I thought I was mistaken about the picture on the front.  I proceeded to unearth the DVD and am greeted by a picture of Ozzy Ozbourne.  

I immediatly snatched up the film, holding it to my chest for protection.  Didn't want a fellow customer to mug me of my prize!  (Yes, I am overly dramatic).  I run in the direction of my wife, who is looking at curtins for our new home (much different interests, her and I).

"What now?", she asks me.  "I FOUND TRICK OR TREAT ON DVD!  WHOOHOO!", I exclaim in response.

Well, we ended up watching this flick at about 2 AM last night.  It was a great purchase!  Marc Price (Skippy-Family Ties) doing a terrible job of the kid who summons the dead rock star Sammi Curr!  I knew I was in for some fun times when I saw the DEG logo pop up in the beginning.  DEG used to own a film studio about an hour and a half away from my home.  Firestarter, Trick Or Treat, and some other great 80s flicks were filmed here.  

(Side note: DEG sold the studios a few years ago to Screen Gems.  It's now owned by Francis Ford Coppola's son-Nick Cage's bro, and is where they film Dawson's Creek.)

Anyway, this film turned out to be a great little 80s cheese flick.  Worth the 5.88 I paid.  God bless Walmart.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 11:49:34 AM »

Wow, no posts?  I'm surprised.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 12:18:30 PM »

i saw this back when i wasn't allowed to see R-rated flicks...i spent most screen time watching TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE, AMAZING STORIES, and PG/PG-13 offerings like TRICK OR TREAT...

about the only thing i remember is the record being played backwards...and, mostly, the bra popping scene...

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 12:39:40 PM »

I praise . . . no . . . I WORSHIP the $5.88 bin. Alas, it has only a few titles worth buying . . . but every now and then, you can uncover a real gem!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 02:12:02 PM »

I definately agree with the WalMart 5.88 bins being a godsend. I found STAY TUNED on DVD there for 5.88, and it had a featurette on it! but it was only 6 min long, but that was way more than I expected to be on it. I also have a bunch of old movies that I got in 5.88 bins that I haven't watched (The Devil Bat [bela lugosi], Abraxas, and THe Young Master or something like that with jackie chan, I heard it has a 12 min fight scene so I think i'll watch it soon)

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 05:24:24 PM »

Look at my nickname, I LIVE by these bins.  Tons of bad action movies can be found, and some of them really aren't that bad at all.  I actually look forward to going to Walmart now just so I can scope the bins out to see if there are any gems that weren't there the week before.  I try to go late at night, because it sucks going during the day and having to wait for all the people crowding around the bins to leave.  

Damn system, you got the Young Master from the 5.88 bins!?  When did you snag this DVD?  I'm so jealous, it's one of Chan's best, classic stuff.  And yes, the end fight scene rules all.  You lucked out there man, GREAT find.  

Nick
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 05:24:37 PM »

Look at my nickname, I LIVE by these bins.  Tons of bad action movies can be found, and some of them really aren't that bad at all.  I actually look forward to going to Walmart now just so I can scope the bins out to see if there are any gems that weren't there the week before.  I try to go late at night, because it sucks going during the day and having to wait for all the people crowding around the bins to leave.  

Damn system, you got the Young Master from the 5.88 bins!?  When did you snag this DVD?  I'm so jealous, it's one of Chan's best, classic stuff.  And yes, the end fight scene rules all.  You lucked out there man, GREAT find.  

Nick
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

I got it a few months ago, I'll have to watch it after your high praises of it!

-Dan

-Spaceballs

- Dillinger Four
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 06:07:13 PM »

Sorry about the double post!  Browser troubles over here.

And system, I don't know if you'll love Young Master as much as I did, it just depends on how big a Jackie Chan fan you are.  Still, even Chan manics don't have to love the movie.  For some reason, I think it's one of his best.  Let us know whether you liked it or not when you get around to seeing it.

Nick
lester1/2jr
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 06:37:43 PM »

I'm learning martial arts.  Yesterday I got a vcd in chinatwn for 5 bucks.  in mandarin. n english.  he kncks over a break without touching it.  just by his force in his hands or something.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 07:43:02 PM »

Yeah I'm a pretty big jackie chan fan so I'll probably like it, I'll probably watch it some time tommorow night.

-Dan

-Spaceballs

- Dillinger Four
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  5.88 Bin Once Again Fights Boredom! Film At Eleven! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.