Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:49 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent purchases... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent purchases...  (Read 6747 times)
[atticus]
« on: June 28, 2001, 07:13:25 AM »

Another video store went out of business this past week so I managed to pick up the following films from the "5 movies for 10 dollars" bin. I welcome your opinions on them all, of course:

The Cellar
Death by Dialogue
Andy Warhol's Frankenstein
Andy Warhol's Dracula
Silent Night, Deadly Night
In The Mouth of Madness
Cronos
Bride of Chucky
The Fear: Halloween Night
Highlander: Endgame
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2001, 07:27:33 AM »

"Silent Night" is a riot. The first sequel is too, though a large portion of it is flashbacks, and about half of the flashbacks are footage from the first. Never mind, just get it. The other sequels are of marginal entertainment value, though Parts Four and Five are directed by Brian Yuzna and Part Three features a sadly desperate-for-work Robert Culp versus a man with a glass head.

"In The Mouth..." --if you like post-"Starman" John Carpenter, you'll be okay. Otherwise, this thing is a pretentious pain in the ass. Not as bad as "Village of the Damned" or "Escape From L.A." or "Vampires" or...well, you get the idea.

"Highlander: Endgame"... You paid for this? Ha ha ha ha ha! Jeez, and that's from a man who bought a copy of "A*P*E"!

"Death By Dialogue"--insert painfully obvious joke here.
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2001, 01:23:57 PM »

AWs Frankenstein and Dracula are both genuine badmovies. Frankenstein was originally made in 3-D. It's very gory indeed, but also as camp as Christmas. Udo Kier plays the lead in both movies. Baron Frankenstein gets down to hacking up the locals to create the perfect Aryan male, and his perfect Aryan mate. In Dracula, the Count leaves Transylvania for Italy - looking for vigins, or as he pronounces it - "wirgins". He comes across a nobleman who has many daughters, but unfortunately the local handyman is constantly deflowering them before the Count can get a look in. Cronos is a real oddity from Mexico, with a novel take on the vampire story. It's a living device that can bestow immortality on whoever is prepared to live on blood. It may be a little slow to get going, but is definitely worth staying with.
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2001, 08:06:36 PM »

The only movie I own off of that list is Silent Night Deadly Night which is truely a bad movie but it is fun to watch way.  My other favorite holiday horror movie would be Black Christmas actually on my top ten horror movie list of all time.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2001, 10:27:53 PM »

I actually really liked Highlander: Endgame.
You have: Kung-fu, Sword-fu, Mask-fu (no really),
a morally ambiguous hero, & some pretty decent
writing.  Laugh if you want, but I found it the
best of the Highlander series (although, that
ain't saying much...)
[atticus]
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2001, 01:32:22 PM »

Just to add to some comments made here:

I had previously purchased Silent Night, Deadly Night parts 2 and 3 so I figured I might as well grab the first one to see the three or four minutes of it that are missing from the sequel's flashbacks. :)

Highlander: Endgame was on DVD. The second disc is a really early edit of the film without any digital effects and most of the audio track missing. It tells almost a completely different story, too. After watching the early cut and then the final version, I had a better appreciation for the finished product. That being said, it's still a Highlander movie so I wasn't expecting the moon. :)
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2001, 03:45:44 PM »

"SNDN": The scene with "Grampa" in the rest home is the one great thing that didn't get flashbacked in the sequel. It alone makes the first worth buying.

"Endgame": Didn't mean to sound so nasty before. Actually, a "Highlander" movie on DVD has some value. (Insert "drink coaster / frisbee / clay pidgeon" punchline here) :)
Scott
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2001, 08:05:30 AM »

I liked Andy Worhols Frankenstein.  It is one of the best ever Frankenstien movies. I haven't seen this one in about 15 years.

In The mouth of Madness is a good film also, but the others I haven't seen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent purchases... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.