Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:40:34 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Does anyone know what this movie is? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone know what this movie is?  (Read 14251 times)
gamelot
« on: February 28, 2001, 02:46:31 PM »

I once saw a movie that I cannot remember, but I'd like to see if any other b-movie fans out there will remember it:

It starred a man that looked like a combination between dolph lundgren and charles bronson.  He was an alien robot, sent to earth to save earth from other alien robots.  All of the aforementioned had awesome fighting prowess, but the evil alien robots got their power from tapping the blood of humans.  

So basically, it's about evil alien ninja robot vampires.

This was set in a post-apocalyptic world.  The female lead was played by this blond girl that didn't look like any star I recognize.  Her brother was kidnapped by the vampires, so she started fighting them.  When she met up with dolph bronson, he taught her how to fight.

There is one very specific defining scene - the hero gets his body cut in half... but since he still has arms he can still wield a sword.  the girl ties him to her back and they fight back-to-back through the hordes of evil aliens.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2001, 02:48:36 PM »

...but I want to see it.
KjDog n Suds
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2001, 06:50:01 PM »

NOT OF THIS EARTH where an alien who always wear sunglasses travels from outer space to collect human's blood to bring back to his home planet. He beats people up with ninja force and there's a blonde heroine. Just saw it on TV two weeks ago.
Will
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2001, 08:28:12 PM »

I don't think it's Not of This Earth.  I have that movie, and it sounds like you're talking about the remake with Traci Lords.  I don't know what this movie is, but it's not Not of This Earth.
KjDog n Suds
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2001, 11:05:11 PM »

There are two remakes. The recent one is the one I think gamelot's describing. This is the plot from this 1995 version: Paul Johnson (Michael York) is an alien posing as an eccentric millionaire who, though needing to kill people to live, is visiting Earth for far from selfish reasons. His race is dying of a mysterious blood disease and he desperately is trying to find a cure, the key of which lies in the blood of humans. He visits and soon puts under his spell the respected blood physician Dr. Rochelle, whom he hypnotises into doing secret research on his behalf. He also has the doctor convince smart and sexy nurse Amanda (Elizabeth Barondes) to move in with Johnson as his private nurse so as to give him the blood transfusions which he constantly requires. But before long, Amanda and Johnson's sleazy chauffeur release that Johnson is a lot more than just eccentric.
gamelot
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2001, 10:41:48 AM »

No, the hero of our story is really the girl, I should clarify that.  Her brother being killed or kidnapped, she is out for revenge against the alien ninja robotic vampires... when she meets up with the male lead, he trains her in the ways of alien robot ninja arts...

He is in this for no other reason than to kill the evil vampire alien robot ninjas, and thereby save the world.  There is no money involved, and he does not need to feed off of blood like they do.
Apostic
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2001, 11:44:41 AM »

I suspect this may be Knights (1993).  I'd like to verify that, but I haven't seen it on many video shelves lately, and I wasn't exactly sober when I watched it.

So, did the robots look like Lance Henriksen and Kris Kristofferson?

regards,

Apostic
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Does anyone know what this movie is? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.