Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:41:29 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A CAT IN THE BRAIN: Does anybody know about this Lucio Fulci gorefest « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A CAT IN THE BRAIN: Does anybody know about this Lucio Fulci gorefest  (Read 1992 times)
Chris K.
« on: June 28, 2001, 10:26:20 PM »

Recently, I found out the Image Entertainment is going to release A CAT IN THE BRAIN (1990) on both VHS and DVD. Originaly released in the U.S. as NIGHTMARE CONCERT, the film is directed by Lucio Fulci and he even stars as himself! Also, the gore sequences are footage shots taken form Fulci's lesser known features like THE GHOSTS OF SODOM and footage from films that Fulci supervised. Basically, it's like a "Lucio Fulci's Greatest Hits" combined with another flick.

Questions or comments? Has anybody ever seen or heard of this film from Fulci?
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2001, 02:52:03 AM »

You seem to know as much about as I do.  However I have heard it's a fantasy becomes reality thing along the lines of Wes Craven's New Nightmare.  Fulci is director/psycho killer tortured by his own horrors or something along those lines.  It's been awhile since I read about it and it's late and I really should be asleep in bed, I have to go to work tomorrow.  Good night.
Dr Menard
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2001, 07:29:13 AM »

It's Fulci's most outrageous film. It's probably a coin-flip away from being either it's best or his downright worst.
Basically, he's plagued by nigthmares whilst directing his latest film, the nightmares are all footage from his other lesser known films and are mostly pretty cheesy effects with just a large amount of OTT gore. A spate of bloody murders tie-in with his nightmares.  Fulci sees a shrink to try to work out what's going on and the shrink convinces him that his nightmares are spilling over into reality and tells him that he can cure everything. But the shrink isn't quite telling the whole story....
I like it but a lot of fans don't. In fact, a lot of people think it's Fulci's worst film as it dances along without a care towards plot or much else other than recycling a lot of old gore. It's just a totally mad film that you'll despise or love. Me? I love it. But I can't deny the fact that technically it's crap.
Skaboi18
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2001, 08:38:31 AM »

A Fulci film that strays away from plot????
Don't most of his films do that?????
Look at The Beyond...even Fulci said that film was just a mixture of random images that tell a basic story.  I don't work about plot too much when I watch a Fulci film....I don't think anyone should  LOL
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A CAT IN THE BRAIN: Does anybody know about this Lucio Fulci gorefest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.