Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:53 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings  (Read 2643 times)
wuggles451
« on: June 10, 2003, 11:12:27 AM »

Tekken: The Motion Picture - Anime based on the fighting game, to give you an idea of the quality  of this picture, i found it in a dark corner of a grocery store for sale for $3.99. Actually though for the sixty minutes it took to sit through it wasnt un enteraining. Very hokey at the begining then very little plot developement but the main character (whose name i cant rember) did fight some genetically altered dinosaurs. Pretty bloody, very stupid, mind numing ly entertaining 3 stars

Alien Intruder - Billy Dee Williams (the only black man in Star Wars. Did it ever occur to anyone his proper name is William Williams?) recruits a crew of prison inmates to go on a recue misson deep into uncharted space. The jailbirds are promised their freedom upon return and their weekends aboard the ship are spent in a program called "Aphrodite". A sex simulation with the nymphomatic girl of their choice. When all 4 men start seeing the same girl jealous fights start breaking out among them. Later it is revealed the woman is a living computer virus out to kill people for no aparent reason.I'll Spare you the "twist" just in case you do stay awake that long. For a movie that relise on the premise of guys' sexual fantasies there definatly wasnt enough sex or nudity. I counted to very short very RANDOM GRATOITOUS BREAST  SHOTs. 1 star

Humanoids from the Deep - Fish men powered by hormones being illegally dumped start eating people and impregnating women. Andrew already has a review and plot summary up for this one so im just gonna throw in my 2 cents. I liked it though it got a little boring it seemed a little long but it was 2:00 am when i watched it. It is nothing special but if you cant find anything else to rent this is a good alternative. 3 stars

Post Edited (06-10-03 11:16)
Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:55:38 AM »

So where did you get the last two movies?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 12:06:45 PM »

"Humanoids From The Deep" I rented from Hastings awhile back.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 12:20:14 PM »

I love HUMANOIDS--one of my favorites from that period.
wuggles451
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 12:58:59 PM »

i rented the last two

Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 01:03:10 PM »

Hey,
I tried to go through an anime kick last year, I must say I enjoy Dragon Ball Z (not Yu Gi Oh or Pokemon however) and so went out to look into mopre anime. I rented Princess Mononoke, Vampire Hunter D, and Tekken (since I love the game).

I defintiely was not a fn of Tekken, the fighting was almost non existent, and the characters were boring. In fact I was disappointed by it as a whole.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 04:48:43 PM »

I enjoyed HUMANOID FROM THE DEEP. Fun film. Not great, but good B-Material.

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 09:19:16 PM »

Let's not forget that there are two different versions of Humanoids, the original from the 80's and the remake.
wuggles451
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 11:46:19 PM »

is the eighties version better?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 02:32:13 PM »

The 80s version is a Roger Corman "mini-classic."

It's a very fun movie to watch . . . with a glaring continuity error or two.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 04:44:57 PM »

>is the eighties version better?

I like the 80's version better. The remake just feels 'cheaper'. It was made as one of the movies on Roger Corman Presents on Showtime a few years ago. The same 'show' that gave us the Black Scorpion movies.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2003, 02:13:19 AM »

Didn't the remake take out a lot of the nudity and creepy fishman rapist scenes--the stuff that made the original a guilty pleasure for so many years?
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2003, 08:34:04 PM »

Yup.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.