Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:39:43 AM
714355 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "V" to return in new three hour TV movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "V" to return in new three hour TV movie  (Read 5645 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 10, 2003, 12:51:34 PM »

They're back: 'V' to invade NBC again
=================
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Twenty years after NBC's hit sci-fi miniseries "V" invaded the small screen, the network is bringing the aliens back with "V: The Second Generation," a three-hour TV movie from the original creator Kenneth Johnson.

Johnson, who wrote, directed and produced the original miniseries, is set to write, direct and executive produce the sequel, which has been given a script commitment. It centered on the Visitors, aliens from a distant planet who came to Earth with the promise to solve the world's problems through their high technology, but after gaining control of the planet through subterfuge and media manipulation, began to methodically kill their hosts.

The new movie, produced by Warner Bros. TV and Kenneth Johnson Prods., will take place 20 years into the future. As the alien forces are turning more and more Earth citizens into followers, the resistance suddenly gains a powerful and mysterious new ally.
Several cast members of the miniseries and the weekly series, including Marc Singer, Faye Grant, Jane Badler and Robert Englund, could reprise their roles in the telefilm if it goes into production.
=================

Post Edited (06-10-03 12:52)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Damien01
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 12:59:57 PM »

I dont know, "V" was kind of a good movie, and it seems that they are going to mess it up...

I wounder if the aliens secret weapon is... Jar-Jar... (now that would be funny)

come to think of it... did anybody ever seen (Martians Go Home!) I would love to see that movie remade and the aliens are Jar-Jar... it would be great...
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 01:41:34 PM »

I'm personally glad they're doing it.  With the original writer/director yet.  Good stuff.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 01:42:50 PM »

Be nice to see Marc Singer and Robert Englund in some more noticeable roles

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 01:45:24 PM »

The only scene I can remember from the entire series was when that girl had the baby and it stuck it's lizard tongue out right after it was born!
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 01:46:43 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> The only scene I can remember from the entire series was when
> that girl had the baby and it stuck it's lizard tongue out
> right after it was born!

That scene gave me nightmares for a week.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Damien01
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 01:47:54 PM »

The only scene I can remember from the entire series was when that girl had the baby and it stuck it's lizard tongue out right after it was born!

That was in V part 2... its a 3 part story, and I think that happen at the end of the first part.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 03:02:15 PM »

Funny, Ash, I thought you were going to say the scene where Badler unhinges her jaw and swallows the guinea pig. Everybody was talking about that scene when it came out. Twenty years later, it looks pretty cheesy.

I agree about the alien baby. I can remember peeking through my fingers in anticipation during that birth scene.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 06:03:13 PM »

Yep, that was V: The Final Battle. The half-alien baby was the key to the visitors' downfall. Put the resistance onto the whole red dust thing.

---------------------
Neon Noodle
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 07:51:08 PM »

I remember being REAL p**sed when they killed off Ham Tyler in the television series. ASH was right on with the alien baby - people talked about that more than the Challenger!!!

Let's hope they don't get Marc Singer doing the subliminal Nike ads again...
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 05:50:50 AM »

I remember merely seeing the title "V" in the newspaper television listings and thinking "oh WOW!  They're going to screen a film series of my fave Thomas Pynchon novel!"

Sadly, I was to be disappointed.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 09:05:44 AM »

I remember one of the brainy kids in my class trying to tell everybody that the title was "five." We immediately set him straight, that it was "V for victory," and suggested he actually try watching it. He shut up at that point.

---------------------
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

V
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 03:10:40 PM »

Actually I remember V standing for "visitors".

Am I wrong?
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 03:26:27 PM »

Yeah.  It was V for victory, taken from old WW2 resistance graffiti (or so said writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson when it first aired).  There was a big scene in the first mini-series where a holocaust survivor taught a new generation the V for victory symbol.

The whole thing was meant to be taken as a retelling of WW2 jewish resistance to nazism in a sci-fi format.

Looking forward to a sequel.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 09:53:42 PM »

>I remember merely seeing the title "V" in the newspaper television listings and
>thinking "oh WOW! They're going to screen a film series of my fave Thomas
>Pynchon novel!"

I saw the commercials for it and my first thought was that they filmed the novel Childhood's End (there was supposed to be a version being worked on).
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "V" to return in new three hour TV movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.