Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:44:19 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which Bad Movie would you remake? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Which Bad Movie would you remake?  (Read 9886 times)
Chadzilla
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2001, 10:10:53 PM »

If they had stuck close to Herzog's narrative they might have had another Jawsesque megahit on their hands.  Instead the laid one of the the most beloved cinematice turkey farts ever to stink bomb a theater.

Jerry Goldsmith's score is excellent though.  Then again, everything he does is fairly above caliber.
Chadzilla
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2001, 10:13:53 PM »

You know, that could work.  Think about all the controversy about cloning and Frankenfoods.  Yeah, that would make it topical.  Thank god Deep Blue Sea wasn't a megahit or it could happen a lot easier.

Still could.

What's Up Doc?
Chadzilla
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2001, 10:14:55 PM »

Ah-nold acting, Ridley Scott directing.  I am SO glad that particular project flopped.

Now if Tim Burton did it...
Squishy
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2001, 11:35:51 PM »

It is too late! The cat is out of...no, the rabbit is out of the hat! Yeah, that works better, hatt-baby.

I got a little curious and looked around: have you seen the poster art displayed at the IMDb? Oh ye Gods. How many toes does terror twinkle? How many nostrils does a nightmare nibble? How many buttholes does horror have?

I was also taken aback by the surprising number of websites proposing remakes of NOTL. Well, two at a glance, but that's still a surprising number...given the subject. One proposal suggested that the bunnies remain normal size, but become even more eager to reproduce, and starving bunnies and starving humans go at each other en masse. That's...pretty gross.
peter johnson
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2001, 12:06:39 AM »

Ahhh!! I hate having to work I hate having to work I hate having to work
because I miss all the great posts!!

OH YESSSS!!! PLEASE!!  A modern remake of Night of the Lepus with all the modern special effects that modernity can provide.  
Oh, the munching . . . the munching . . .
This is too good to not be done.
Start annoying your local film studio today -- here they come . . . .
Steve.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2001, 09:58:40 AM »

How about multiplying the number of killer-rabbits from the killer-rabbit scene in "Monty Python And The Holy Grail"? It flies through the air with the greatest of ease, decapitating medieval England's finest. It is also capable of making the ultra-brave Sir Robin wet himself with fear.
Flangepart
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2001, 02:07:42 PM »

Man, thats one sick idea. I like it! But, who would we get to star? Who would take Dee Kellys place? John Cleese?  Or Stu Whitmans? I think its a star problim. And the rabbits, george. Tell me about the rabbits. Lots of Vishous lil" bastards, or a smaller number of Big bad bunnies? If you could just make the audience see things from the carrots point of view........Oh,my Lord, i'm realy getting into this idea! "Night of the Lepus 2: Revenge of the rodent".  You could give away pet rabbits at the theater, with lil' Human legs (From a Ken doll) on a key chain on the flea collar.......or maby....is it just me, or do some ideas have such a absurdity quotiant, they breed like rabb....gerbils?
Steve.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2001, 05:14:03 PM »

The replacement actors is a problem. I fear Mr. Cleese is too old now to be battling homicidal bunnies who would die rather than let anyone into that cave. The problem was, those knights of old fatally underestimated that white ball of fluff, and paid the ultimate price, we can only hope that a harsh lesson has been learned. Some humans are bound to die in the conflict, so we need cannon-fodder. Think of actors whose body of work you despise, or are too cute to be allowed to live. Brad Pitt. Leonardo Di whatever. John Revolta.Tom Cruise ad. nauseum. I think it should be millions of little vicious bunnies, hidden in that enormous "Trojan Rabbit" that everyone forgot to climb inside. they could lurk there, just waiting for the signal......
Flangepart
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2001, 12:16:55 PM »

"Night of the Lepus 2: The Trojan Rabbit." This could work! "Underemployed B-actors nibbled to death by bunnies-Film at 11:00." what is it about this stupid movie? ....."Oh, it was horrible, Larry. When the rabbits went after Leo, they were hissing like geese!" .....I'm sorry...i need to have a little bed rest now....
Steve.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2001, 03:00:51 PM »

Sweet dreams Mr. F. Actually, no. Have horrible nightmares about cutesy actors and actresses being torn to shreds by vengeful hoppers, and get the names written down when you wake up. We must also consider what weaponry to use. The surprise element of "The Holy Hand-Grenade Of Antioch" has now gone. The little buggers will have wised up by now.
Flangepart
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2001, 05:25:38 PM »

Hummm. Squishy had a good idea, with the giant wolf. And rideing to the rescue on that wolf is Leslie Neilson! No,no....Neilson does the Stuart Whitman part....rideing the wolf is....Lara Croft!(ya know, wossname),....dressed as Princess Mononoke. and,and,...what? Oh, i know....as the b***hin' Bunnies have the heros surrounded, the wolf howls,and the Dog from "Man's best friend" leads a pack of rottwhilers to the rescue.......ya know....i'm realy trying to keep this sane.....oh, who am i kidding! Leslie Neilson wrestles the Biggest Rabbit in a battle to the death, and Lara Croft(Wossname)....blows away all the rabbits except one fecund female, who hides in the sewers of...what state was that agine, Arizona?...and begins breeding a sequel. There...i did it. I did it, andf i'm proud! Proud, do you hear...BWahahahahaha! Eat my shorts, Dr. Clayton Forrester!
Chadzilla
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2001, 06:03:29 PM »

I can see it now.  Two military dudes standing on a hill, one looking through binocs.

Dude with Binocs POV - An undulant mass of hopping fur.

Dude Without Binocs  - "What is it?"

Dude With Binocs (with a completely straight, albeit dazed face) - "There's a heard of killer rabbits heading this way."

You cannot do a remake and NOT use that line.

And here is the poster, gotta have it
http://posters.imdb.com/Covers/06/90/05.jpg

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Spelling Nazi
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2001, 06:05:04 PM »

PROOF READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chadzilla
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2001, 07:00:56 PM »

Somebody as to do it, come on fans.
Andrew
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2001, 07:07:25 PM »

I finally have a VHS copy (taped off of Turner South) again and can stop complaining about my old copy coming up MIA.  Just waiting to see if MGM will put it out on DVD soon...

Andrew
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which Bad Movie would you remake? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.