Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:08:34 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHooh, upcoming movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WHooh, upcoming movies  (Read 5301 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 12, 2003, 02:21:18 PM »

Although we are all excited for  Jason Vs. Freddy, I have just heard of two more

2 Vamp flicks: Underworld which looks like Blade 2 with werewolves and
Van Helsing: I am not sure what this is about

and 2 were wolf flicks
Wes Craven Presents Cursed and Angelina Freakin Tomb Raider Jolie in Bitten

I know nothing else though.

Anyone have info on these

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 03:24:27 PM »

I think Underworld is being made by Kurt Wimmer, who did the love-it-or-hate-it Equilibrium (which I happened to love).  Even if you didn't like Equilibrium, it's obvious that Wimmer has something that a lot of directors don't.  Anyone who can create something new and unique in the action genre is someone to look out for, IMO.  Underworld is shaping up to look pretty damn cool.

Van Helsing's got Hugh Jackman in it, which I'm sure everyone knows by now.  As a side note, am I the only one that thinks Jackman looks hilarious with long hair?  He looks too girly; don't get me wrong, he's the freakin' man and I respect him for even doing this movie, but he looks hilarious.  A lot of guys can pull off long hair no problem, but it's a stretch with Hugh.  Anyways, that's all I've heard about this one.  Head over to Chud.com and you might be able to see some pictures/get a better synopsis.

I know I wasn't much of a help, but that's all I know.

Nick
wuggles451
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 04:15:03 PM »

yeah dolph i agree hugh needs a haircut in the worst way also equilibrium had some very strange, unique, very cool action i also loved it

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 05:46:05 PM »

Well, other than the usual suspects, there's the flesh-eating virus/spam-in-a-cabin shocker Cabin Fever, which features more shock homages than you can shake a stick at AND uses the cheesy songs that David (Krug) Hess composed for The Last House on the Left on the soundtrack.

Debuts September 12th from Lion's Gate.

www.cabinfevermovie.com for more info.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 07:32:35 PM »

Here's the synopsis.

As a last hurrah after college, friends Jeff, Karen, Paul, Marcy and Bert embark on a vacation deep into the mountains. With the top down and the music up, they drive to a remote cabin to enjoy their last days of decadence before entering the working world. Then somebody gets sick.

Karen's skin starts to bubble and burn as something grows inside her, tunneling beneath her flesh. The group is so repulsed, shocked and sickened watching their friend deteriorate before their eyes; they lock her in a shed to avoid infection. As they debate about how to save her, they look at one another and realize that any one of them could also have it. What soon began as a struggle against the disease turns into a battle against friends, as the fear of contagion drives them to turn on each other. The kids confront the terror of having to kill anyone who comes near them, even if it's their closest friend. The survivors have to find help before they're all killed by the virus, or by the local lynch mob out to destroy anyone who may have come in contact with it.

Based on skin-curdling tales of the real life flesh eating virus (as well as a real-life experience by writer-director-producer Eli Roth), CABIN FEVER blends the elements of classic horror films of the 70's and 80's with modern day medical terror. Necrotising Fasciitis, the flesh eating strep, devours over 1500 victims annually in the United States alone, releasing toxins in the body that can eat through a human in a matter of hours...

Sounds like a cross between "The Evil Dead" & "The Thing".

Looks pretty cool!

I'll definitely be going to the theater to see this one!

Post Edited (06-12-03 19:33)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 07:48:42 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

>
> I'll definitely be going to the theater to see this one!
>
>

I'll probably be going opening day!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 06:41:32 PM »

I don't know if this will see theatrical release or not.  Love Object is the story of a timid man who pays big bucks for a real doll (check out www.realdoll.com for what I am talking about.) and uses the object to test out his romantic skills.  When the moves work 'the doll' gets jealous (or is he projecting it).  Who knows, but it sounds twisted and warped.

News story about the movie.

http://dramaticmovies.about.com/library/weekly/aaloveobjectnews.htm

Chadzilla
Ash

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 07:08:46 PM »

Real doll as in "an attractive woman" or as in "not human...made of plastic, rubber etc..."  ?
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 07:19:01 PM »

www.realdoll.com

Found out about them while reading about Love Object, evidently the screenwriter was doing some research for an episode of Profiler and got a creepy idea about how attached someone could get to something of this nature.  The website is pretty dang creepy, what with the dolls posing and looking so incredibly lifelike.  Of course, this made to spec chick (or dude) will set you back some serious green.  Even though you get to pick hair color, style, skin tone, and what not, we are talking about 5999.00 for the female and 6999.00 for the dude.

Who needs a real women, when you can have a Real Doll?

Chadzilla
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 07:40:19 PM »

Actually, in the way cool Batman Beyond animated series, they had an episode where one of Batman's school mates bought a robotic doll and when he started getting other dates, the doll went psycho and tried to kill all other women. Giving Batman yet another reason to save the day.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 07:42:30 PM »

I saw that one, cool episode.  I like Batman Beyond.

The Fango article compared it to Paul Bartell's Spare Parts.  The mannequin shocker Tourist Trap also comes to mind.

Post Edited (06-17-03 19:49)

Chadzilla
Ash

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 08:03:30 PM »

I read through most of that realdoll.com.

Check out this additional option:

Other enhancements currently available:

1. Interactive sensory response system: This system is composed of sensors embedded in the Realdoll's breasts, vaginal and anal entries. The doll is connected via an ethernet cable (up to 100') to your PC, and when the various sensors are triggered by activity, the doll will respond with sensor specific audio. The software will run on any Windows based PC, and is completely user editable; The directories for each sensor can be editied to the user's taste by adding or subtracting specific audio files. This system is currently offered in limited quantity. Please check with us for availablity if you are interested in adding this option to your order. The price for this option is currently $1500.00

Wacky s**t man!

Some of those dolls do look real while others look like a corpse...especially the ones with their eyes and their mouths hanging open
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 09:12:46 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

>  
> 1. Interactive sensory response system: This system is composed
> of sensors embedded in the Realdoll's breasts, vaginal and anal
> entries. The doll is connected via an ethernet cable (up to
> 100') to your PC, and when the various sensors are triggered by
> activity, the doll will respond with sensor specific audio. The
> software will run on any Windows based PC, and is completely
> user editable; The directories for each sensor can be editied
> to the user's taste by adding or subtracting specific audio
> files. This system is currently offered in limited quantity.
> Please check with us for availablity if you are interested in
> adding this option to your order. The price for this option is
> currently $1500.00

Oh-oh, the quotes that go through my mind! :P

> Wacky s**t man!

Cheaper than a marriage, hehehehe

> Some of those dolls do look real while others look like a
> corpse...especially the ones with their eyes and their mouths
> hanging open

Which is what inspired the screenwriter.  It reminded him of how a necrophile might pose his corpses for playtime...and a thriller was born.  The recommendation Use an electric blanket to simulate body heat is the one that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Chadzilla
Ash

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2003, 09:21:30 PM »

I wondered where the ethernet cable would plug in??

Hmmmmm
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2003, 10:03:31 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> I wondered where the ethernet cable would plug in??
>
> Hmmmmm

Hopefully nowhere I would! Hahahahaha

Chadzilla
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHooh, upcoming movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.