Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:45:26 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies in movies in movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies in movies in movies  (Read 4990 times)
BadTaste_nz
« on: June 29, 2001, 09:22:54 PM »

hey all,

heres a question to think about, what movies that you know of, have someone watching another horror film on tv?

1. Nightmare on Elm ST 3 : Chick in TV room watching Critters

you got some?
Skaboi18
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2001, 09:29:34 PM »

Nightmare on Elm Street 1: Girl (can't think of name) watching good old Ash killin those damned demons.  :o)
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2001, 09:41:31 PM »

TRUE ROMANCE has a quite a few instances of characters watching b-movies.  FREEJACK, STREET FIGHTER. . .

I wish I could remember the movie where a snippet of THE GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIES is playing in the background.
Hero-man and Sidekick-boy
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2001, 12:40:11 AM »

all of u are gonna think this one is weak but I had to say it

Scream - kids watching Halloween

Halloween 3 - Halloween on TV

I'll think of more
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2001, 02:07:59 AM »

In the original theatrical release the teen hero of Fright Night was watching Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.  On the video he is attentively watching static.  ?

In Halloween 2 Mr. Elrod is asleep in front of the television while Night of the Living Dead is playing, which several characters are watching later in the film as well.

In Halloween Lindsey is watching The Thing from Another World and Forbidden Planet while her babysitter is getting killed.

The dam guard in Piranha is watching The Monster that Challenged the World on television.

The Wolf Man is playing on television at some point during The Howling.

The teen hero of Gremlins watches the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Human Snack #2 in Beware! The Blob is watching The Blob on television.

Scenes from The Pack and From Beyond the Grave play as Lyle Swan movie clips in The Dead Pool.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2001, 03:57:32 AM »

"It Came From Beneath The Sea" is on a TV at one point in "Deanzilla," just to grind our noses in it, I guess.
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2001, 08:58:17 AM »

Slight digression - In the scene in Evil Dead, where Ash and Scott venture into the cellar for the first time, there is a torn poster for The Hills Have Eyes. I read an interview with Sam Raimi years ago, and he was asked the significance of this. He said that a scene in THHE showed a torn poster for Jaws, and that Wes Craven was making a statement that THHE was scarier than Jaws, so Raimi thought he'd make a statement of his own.
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2001, 02:06:19 PM »

"Innocent Blood" has a few scenes of people watching movies.  I remember "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" and "Dracula" (1931).

Nothing else jumps directly to mind.  Well, they do, but will not settle from flight long enough for me to grab one.

Andrew
Steve.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2001, 06:03:39 PM »

In "The Return Of Count Yorga" - the good Count settles down to watch Hammer's "The Vampire Lovers".
Ringneck
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2001, 08:49:40 PM »

I seem to remember when Elli Mae was dating someone, Dash Riprock I believe, that Reptillicus was being shown at the drive in they were at.  

BradLaGrange
peter johnson
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2001, 12:41:32 AM »

Damn!!  Steve took my "Yorga" sighting!!
What he doesn't say is that Robert (Yorga) Quarry is so wrapped up in watching this that he waves away his Ygor-like servant who's come to inform him that biteable girls have entered the building.  "Damn you!  Can't you see I'm watching TV?!?!?"
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2001, 04:00:24 AM »

man, you guys are good!!!!
Steve.
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2001, 09:42:53 AM »

Sorry about that Peter. I may have an advantage - we're 6 hours ahead over here.
How's this for short-term memory loss - Carpenter's "In The Mouth Of Madness" was shown In UK on late Friday night. "Robot Monster" was in the background in one scene, but I've already forgotten whether it was on tv or a cinema screen.
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2001, 02:16:58 PM »

Does this count? I ...for some insane reason...remember seeing "Black Scorpion" being watched at a theater by the "My three sons" gang. I can not explain ever haveing see My Three Sons for any reasons other then A; Dad had control of the T.V. at the time, or B; There were no books worth reading and i was realy bored!......One of my childhood regrets. Yours?
Sakerson
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2001, 11:57:12 AM »

Okay, this isn't a horror movie, but with all of the posts about Night of the Lepus I thought I'd bring it up.

In the The Matrix, when Neo and Morpheus go to see the Oracle, the kids in her living room are watching Night of the Lepus on TV.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies in movies in movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.