Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:36:28 PM
714340 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Egypt - Land of Sucking. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Egypt - Land of Sucking.  (Read 983 times)
SkullNinja
« on: June 12, 2003, 09:53:01 AM »

"The official Egyptian censorship body on Monday banned the release of Warner Bros.' The Matrix Reloaded on the grounds that it presents ideas about existence and creation that are at odds with the three major religions (presumably Islam, Christianity and Judaism). The Australian newspaper The Age quoted Madkour Thabit, head of the censorship body as saying, "There is no specific scene to which the committee objected but it is about the movie as a whole."

At least they could have banned it for a legitamate reason, like the fact that it had no real plot and was just one big special effect. What a bunch of losers. This Madcow Thabit idiot needs to have a boot in the ass attitude adjustment. Make me happy I live in America, even with all the crap that gets produced every year.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 10:09:14 AM »

Heard they showed the first one, though, although they believed it to be "covert sionist propaganda". Whatever.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 12:31:17 PM »

That's so gay!! Anybody thats going to convert their religion after watching "The Matrix Reloaded" is stupid!  That's insulting the intelligence of people in Egypt!  That can't be the real reason!  Maybe they just really hate Jada Pinkett Smith?

love colleen
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 01:18:16 PM »

I dont know, on a recent census, a few thousand British put down Jedi as their religion, more British put Jedi than Jewish or Buddhist. There is now a movement trying to get 100,000 "converts" it needs to actually be a religion.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
raj

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 02:43:16 PM »

If you can't understand it, ban it.

So I guess the Taliban couldn't understand kites.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 02:51:51 PM »

Taking many things away like that will eventually lead to their leaders' downfall.  
More than just films though....it'll be a culmination of lots of factors.
(though it may take some time)

Look at Iran where thousands of young people are protesting the rule of the powerful Muslim clerics that have an iron grip on the country.

These leaders ARE insulting their populations' intelligence and alienating them at the same time.

I'm glad I live FAR away from that crappy part of the world!

Post Edited (06-12-03 15:40)
Jim Hepler
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 03:13:20 AM »

Well, at least they had a long discussion about the film before deciding to ban it.  The BBFC bans films in the UK without really even doing that.  

/me wonders where Iran would be if we hadn't propped the Shah up for so long, which created a bitterness and eventual power vacuum that helped Ayatolah sieze power
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 02:44:18 AM »

This...this is why I hate religious authority.  Individual people can believe whatever they want, that's cool.  But religion as a whole is absolutely retarded.  It's just another excuse to kill people and be s**tty to each other, simple as that.
As far as The Matrix not converting people, check out this site - www.sixsixfive.com
One of the newest updates is the author messing with a kid who believes he's in the Matrix.  That and the site is just funny as all hell in general.
And yes, the Matrix should be banned worldwide for being a derivative boring pile of dog vomit.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Egypt - Land of Sucking. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.