Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:12:24 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE CRAZIES 2nd Chance « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE CRAZIES 2nd Chance  (Read 2064 times)
wuggles451
« on: June 13, 2003, 11:00:40 PM »

geez i am sorry especially because i know i'll catch flak from Romero-ites for this but i find The Crazies extremely boring and also more than annoying the constant military drum march soundtrack is driving me insane...i am very dissapointed because ive heard great things about the movie but this is the secong time ive sat down to watch it and turned it off 45 minutes in

Chris K.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 12:27:42 AM »

Being a Romero admirer, I thought THE CRAZIES was a pretty good little film. It is basically a change of pace from what Romero is mostly known for (i.e., NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and DAWN OF THE DEAD, two great films by the way).

Yet I can understand your disappointment in THE CRAZIES. It is a talky and long-paced film. With me, I found it all leading to an engaging climax. Now if you want George Romero at his most disappointment, watch HUNGRY WIVES (1971; a.k.a. SEASON OF THE WITCH). Even Romero called HUNGRY WIVES the worst project he has ever done right next to THERE'S ALWAYS VANILLA (1970; a.k.a. THE AFFAIR).

Yet if you were disappointed with THE CRAZIES, I do suggest that you rent TWO EVIL EYES, a film from both George Romero and Dario Argento. It's worth the watch.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 02:55:58 AM »

The Crazies served a great purpose for later Romero movies. The similarities between the mall from Dawn of the Dead and the country club in The Crazies is a good example. Also, the gun use and military feel of both movies when they are fighting the crazies/zombies during the whole movie. There's also a very good feel of uneased urgency and when dealing with both crazies and zombies. I liked The Crazies very much, I didn't know it was a Romero fim until I stated watching it (forgot to look at the box), and was really enjoying it before I saw his name flash across the screen.

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 11:37:22 AM »

I really liked this one.  Many consider it Romero's dry run for Dawn of the Dead and I guess that's as good an example as any.  It goes in my collection, that's for certain.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 04:23:14 PM »

SPOILERS (to a lesser degree)

I also liked The Crazies .  Epecially the end.  As a rule, I don't care for down beat, all-the-heroes-die type endings, but, the way the story went, it was the only way it could have gone.  (In fact, it has a sort of EC comics irony vibe to it that I really appreciate.)

Same thing goes with Night of the Living Dead.  It HAD TO happen that way.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 08:24:12 PM »

Hmmmm . . . sorry to hear that, Wuggles. I like this movie more and more every time I see it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SkullNinja
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 08:49:24 AM »

I've got to give it a thumbs up. It's not great, but it is enjoyable.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE CRAZIES 2nd Chance « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.