Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:12:45 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New zombie movie coming « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New zombie movie coming  (Read 3184 times)
Wycked Nick
« on: June 15, 2003, 03:55:19 AM »

Has any one else seen The previews for the new zombie movie 28 days later,it looks f**king cool as hell.Its directed by Danny Boyle the same guy who did train spotting.You can see the trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/.It looks like it might be a great oldschool horror flick.The trailer is even suspensefull, I can't wait to see it.
BadMovieBuff
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 12:01:36 PM »

I recently went to the movies and saw the full length trailer again, which rocks!  Plus I've caught the previews they show on tv.  It looks like an awesome movie!!
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 01:00:01 PM »

It's actually not a zombie movie. Well, not in the usual sense. People are infected with a virus that turns them into mindless rage-a-holics. No living dead involved.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 01:08:10 PM »

Used to visit the UK website for it all the time (which was so much better than the cheesy crud Fox Searchlight has replaced it with).  Word of mouth from across the pond (the movie did well when it was released in England last year) has been almost universally strong.  It opens June 27th and I'll be there at the front of the line.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
SkullNinja
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 02:55:52 PM »

***It's actually not a zombie movie. Well, not in the usual sense. People are infected with a virus that turns them into mindless rage-a-holics. No living dead involved.***

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.

Seriously, I think we've now mutated the word "zombie" to include any raging and possibly cannibalistic human that is diseased and will attack at all costs. Nightmare City is often cited as a zombie movie although it still falls under these perimeters. Warning Sign is another, although usually the folks aren't classified as zombies (but under this guideline, we could). I'd even toss in Assault on Precinct 13 as a zombie movie and Ghosts of Mars. Remember, the whole cinematic used of zombie was brodened to include the living dead in the 60's after being exclusively used to mean a person under a Haitian voodoo trance. I personall don't have a problem with it since other monster definitions can get kind of loose anyway, such as vampire and werewolf (werecreature).
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 08:22:48 PM »

There was a sneak preview of this movie here in Boston a couple of nights ago. They only had one showing, and I couldn't get there to see it.

I'm sure it would have been sold out anyway . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 10:46:25 PM »

Sorry, I can't resist, doing this.

My Name is Johnny Blister and this is not a F*CKING horror movie, you all suck.
hhehehe

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 11:25:50 PM »

Evan3 wrote:

> Sorry, I can't resist, doing this.
>
> My Name is Johnny Blister and this is not a F*CKING horror
> movie, you all suck.
> hhehehe
>

It's a deep philosophical movie! And it better not have WHORY LESBIANIC b***hES in it.  I HATE those whory Buffy sluts!  hehehehehe

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 11:33:35 AM »

I too am looking forward to this flick.  From everything I've read and seen about it, it looks like it'll be one of the best horror flicks of the year.  European horror has always been my soft spot, so I doubt this one will let me down.  Especially considering the fact that I absolutely loved The Beach.  Awesome flick.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
tuck
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 05:04:36 AM »

It's been out in England for a while. it's OK. The best british horror film i've seen in a long time.
I bought it when it was released and it was worth the money.

I thought it would've been released in the good ol' US of A by now.

Nevermind i recommend it though!

MATRIX: Bennet, i thought you were...

BENNET: ...Straight? Well you thought wrong!
tuck
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 05:08:12 AM »

I'm so tempted to tell you what happens at the end.

seem as though you are my allies i wont.

If it was any other country i would've!!

MATRIX: Bennet, i thought you were...

BENNET: ...Straight? Well you thought wrong!
lemonkey
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 06:55:07 AM »

I saw it a couple of weeks back on DVD here in the UK. It starts off really well and then it struggles its way through 90mins. I was pretty disapointed.
The tunnel seen is scary though. The sad thing is Resident Evil the Film is more Scary than this (but I  like Resident Evil ) .

All I can say is see it andd make up your own mind but don't build your hopes up too high.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 06:58:43 AM »

An excellent film!  Be advised that it's filmed digitally, not on celluloid, which may take getting used to.  Also, it takes quite as much of it's inspiration from "The Day of the Triffids" as it does from any zombie movies.  The DVD has some interesting deleted scenes, plus commentary and production galleries, that resolve questions that may arise during the film.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New zombie movie coming « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.