Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:12:34 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm going to meet Bruce Campbell « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to meet Bruce Campbell  (Read 3100 times)
Brock
« on: June 30, 2001, 11:50:52 AM »

He's signing his new book at a nearby bookstore in a few weeks.

Any suggestions for original things to do/ask to make me memorable?  I want something more than stupid quotes, because I'm sure he's had enough people calling him a primevil screw-head already.

Should I saw off my hand?
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2001, 02:00:56 PM »

Sawing off your hand would probably earn you some of Bruce's long-term memory, but is being "memorable" really a good idea?  I mean, he is certainly an interesting character, but you're not likely to be friends with him...

Andrew
Brock
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2001, 02:09:03 PM »

Oh, I know.  It's just that the ad said he'd only sign his new book, no other memorabilia.  So I'm hoping maybe if he's in a good mood or something I could get a picture with him or convince him to sign something else.

On the other hand, he's probably tired of crazed fanboys pulling crazy stunts.
Will
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2001, 02:44:43 PM »

Do what I do when I meet famous people.  Punch them in the face.

(just kidding)
Scott Davis
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2001, 04:44:08 PM »

Hahaha, I was just thinking that myself.
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2001, 12:34:19 AM »

I've had very VERY good luck in meeting many people whose work I've admired from afar for years, some of whom (Harlan Ellison/Dr. Hunter S. Thompson) have reputations as major intolerant violent a***oles with their fans.
My approach has always worked for all of them and is the same:
1)  Dress well.  Nobody talks to an unwashed character from one of their novels/hallucinations.  Be clean & snapilly dressed.
2)  Remove all headgear.  Removing one's hat still works as a sign of respect.
3)  Be polite and precise.   No "Dude, I dig your stuff . . " stuff.  Name a particular/singular book/movie/poem/short story and have an actual comment about an acutal section of said.  Call them "Sir" or "Ma'm".  Let your genuine appreciation of what they do come to the surface.  Don't fake "cool".  
Follow these deceptively simple rules of conduct and you may even be invited out to dinner or a party with your beloved creative types.  I've been so invited many times & seen the looks of slack-jawed envy on the backward baseball hat wearing crowd around who for all I know were even bigger fans than I of the man or woman in question.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2001, 02:24:41 PM »

Good advice! Putting that in my memory bank. I got to meet Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan and ...oh, alzhimers!...Dr. Steven Franklin From Bablyon 5. Good folks.Mira was very nice...and tiny! She puts the P in Patite! And  i told J. Michael Strazinsky to keep up the good work. Man was just walkin around Marcon 32 like the reas of us....cool! Thats my brush with greatness.
Chadzilla
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2001, 05:00:43 PM »

Excellent advice.  Behaving as a mature adult at times does have its good parts.
mark
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2001, 05:46:07 PM »

that is good advice...MR. campbell is going to be doing an APPEARANCE/book signing about 20 min. from my place next month...of course i'll try to be there.

BTW...i just found out that an APPEARANCE means MR. campbell will be doing a Q&A session and possibly a reading from his book...whereas book
signing is just that...so check his site for that detail.

this appearance near me is in a movie theater, so i'm thinking he's going to do a reading and maybe even screen his short film about B-movie fans...

...once i met some scary chick on the subway late at night and we were talking about movies or something and she wips out this picture of her and
bruce campbell...so i get the feeling he's one of the more approachable stars...and SHE looked like something from xena (but not xena if you know what i mean)...so go figure.

-mark
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm going to meet Bruce Campbell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.