Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:46:40 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A reader looking for a movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A reader looking for a movie  (Read 3365 times)
Andrew
« on: June 30, 2001, 03:41:10 PM »

Cassie sends this in:
A friend and I saw a really bad late night movie back in 1986 or 1987.  All I can really remember about it that it seemed to be a science fiction/horror film with possible drug references; maybe set in the 70s.  There was this cheesy couple in their late teens/early 20s and one scene I remember was this leader making the moves on the girl; he and the couple are up on this pedestal with a crowd of (aliens? deformed people?) down below and the girl says something like: "I've never been this high in my life" and the crowd below laughing insanely.  Then the leader offers the couple some sort of fruit to eat and the crowd chants excitedly "taste it, taste it, taste it".  My friend and I weren't able to find the movie in the TV Guide the next day; it must've been substituted for another movie for some reason.  Sorry this is so vague but this movie has stuck in my mind for years; I just remember it making me and my friend look at each other and giggle in drug-induced paranoid horror.  Does the scene I described ring a bell? Any idea what this movie's name is? Thanks in advance

Andrew's notes:  What popped to mind was either "Rocky Horror" or "Shock Treatment."  She knows that it was not the prior film and is going to look into the "sequel."  My question: does this ring any definite bells for anyone?  It's been too long for me since seeing "Shock Treatment" to be sure.  Collective knowledge is such a resource...
Apostic
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2001, 06:42:05 PM »

Cassie has taken a bite of The Apple (1980).

Full review/analysis/commentary at:

http://www.jabootu.com/acolytes/bnotes/apple.htm

regards

Apostic
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2001, 12:12:56 AM »

Very similar scene in Dracula 1972 AD -- Hammer, of course --
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2001, 12:44:54 AM »

It sounds like THE APPLE (1980). You can see my review for it, as well as a scan of my autographed photo of the movie's director (Menahem Golan) at:

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev201.html
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2001, 12:49:20 AM »

...in any crisis and you'll be sure to make it through.  Well, that and a .45 S&W.

Although, sometimes having a 30-06 is best.  Or maybe a 12 gauge would be better for some things.

The world is way too complicated for me...

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2001, 02:30:41 PM »

What, no Colts? What kind of man are you?...very dangerious...but other then that! I idea! I'd horse whip you if i had a horse....ah, who am i kidding. I'm a Ruger man. Now if i could get a Ruger Redhawk in 45. Acp with Full moon clips...........
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2001, 04:04:11 PM »

Just make life easier for everyone and get a chainsaw.
"Sounds like you're working for your gun!  SIMPLIFY, man!"
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2001, 05:30:43 PM »

Hey, chainsaws can run out of gas, You can run out of ammo, but a good sword only need a good whetstone! BANZI!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2001, 06:13:05 PM »

I hate to say this, but a good gun will top a good sword any day.
As proof, just look at "Raiders of the Lost Ark." That 12 gauge  Would that be a sawed-off pump with pistol grip and loaded with double-ought buck? If so, that is my gun. Anyways, all this talk reminds me of that scene in "Across the Pacific" with Humphrey Bogart and Sidney Greenstreet, where they each get theirs out to show to each other, and Bogart says something like: "Mine is bigger then yours." (ROTFL) Enjoy
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2001, 02:44:12 PM »

Ouch! Forgot that! Was it "City Heat" with Burt Rynolds and Clint Eastwood, where the two of them made it a point to compare "Barrel length"? As for main arm, i'll take an MP-5. In 40. cal. Two rounds Hydroshok to one round Armor piercing. Less recoil then a 12gage, lots of accuracy and good German reliability. And on that note......I would love to see a show, such as American Shooter, do a special show about reinacting Movie shootouts...and see what would REALY happen!....put some real, albit average shooters in setups that mimic shootouts scenes from films, and just see how likely it would be for the Hero/villan to get away un-shot. Example: They had that Stallone on a mountian thing on this week. A bad guy chases Sly with an MP-5, and at what looks like about 100 feet, full auto, with the Rolls royce of SMG,s, can't nail Sly's ass to a snowbank. Come on! I don't buy it! Scenes like that, i have lots of trouble with. Its like "Out running the explosion". Yeah...tell me another fairy tail, granma!......the idea. I'd horse whip them if i had a horse! Back me up, Andrew! You know its true!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A reader looking for a movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.