Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:56 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Job « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Your Job  (Read 23027 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 18, 2003, 04:08:09 PM »

We've had questions on people's age and geographic location, but a recent post from Onionhead got me thinking that I don't know what most of you do for a living.

I'm a reporter/photographer for a weekly newspaper. I started in page layout in 1988, learned graphic design, darkroom, digital imaging, and eventually displayed an aptitude for writing and reporting. I cover general community news, municipal government, features, business stories, the occasional accident or fire, lots of cheque presentations and old fashioned hole diggings. I also write a weekly general interest column and review a bad movie every month.

What about you guys?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 04:16:35 PM »

just graduated from college and I'm looking for job
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 04:29:34 PM »

I'm a software developer by profession.  Currenty I work for ezboard, a company I helped start a few years back with some basic server architecture I wrote.  I've done stuff ranging from web programming to desktop applications to server applications to middle-ware communications software

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 04:36:23 PM »

Currently I work at a Drive-In theater, :D

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 04:41:30 PM »

Receptionist for a law firm (everybody assumes I am an attornery, or have legal knowledge - I am not, and I don't) and a writer.  Someday I hope to work full time as a writer.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 04:51:36 PM »

Right now I'm unemployed and getting ready to sue my former employers in small claims court.

I'm still in college but taking the summer off.

Majoring in communications.
Rob Phillips
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 05:30:38 PM »

I was a Military Policeman in the Army for a number of years, and have Degrees in History, Religion, Education, & Political Science. I was a teacher for a year, but am now firmly convinced public education stinks. I am currently the IT Manager for an Aerospace Business Unit, of a sort of evil (we're next in line for the truly evil list. after Umbrella files bankruptcy) Fortune 500 company. As a matter of fact I'm sure that Andrew rides in machines with any number of our parts in them. We supply parts for everything from NASCAR to the Space Station. In my private life I'm a lay minister in the Assemblies of God (Yes, the same organization that brought you Jimmy Swaggert & Baker [we don't allow any ministers with the name Jimmy or with wives with two names, "Tammy Faye" for example anymore]).  :-)  I do a lot of charity work with Teen Challenge International. I hope someday to produce my B-Movie script and/or be the dictator of a third world nation.

Uhh . . . if my wife ever leaves me . . . I like long walks on the beach, sharing my feelings, and puppies; if she doesn't I like B-Movies, Guinness and puppies (with KC masterpiece BBQ sauce)!

:-)

Rob Phillips

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
-Japanese Proverb

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

"And today the president closed the nation's last remaining submarine base at Groton, Connecticut. When ask why he had made the startling decision the president responded, 'Those funny little black ships just keep sinking anyway."
-Reporter: Attack of the Killer Tomato's
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 05:33:01 PM »

I'm a CPA specializing in financial consulting, forensic accounting, and fraud investigations.

I have been slowly working toward my B.A. in film by taking courses at Emerson College (Henry "The Fonz" Winkler is an Emerson alumnus) whenever I have a chance (I think I'm only 9 classes away from the degree).

I'll probably never make it into the film industry because I'd have to take an entry level job and a serious pay cut, but I want the degree anyway.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bmeansgood
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 11:10:58 PM »

When I discovered this web site a few years ago I was a general manager at a retail store.  Then I realized there were not enough lawyers in the world so I decided to go to law school.  I currently clerk for a legal aid office where I help poor people with their legal problems.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 11:47:14 PM »

Denis Leary went to Emerson too, I believe....

I'm a postal worker--have done that for almost seven years now.  I like to say that the place has stolen my youth.  I work with a big machine that sorts/mutilates magazines and other large envelopes.   Just about all the crazy stuff you imagine about postal workers is true--there are a lot of wackos where I work.   I make good money but I hate the hours and the working conditions.  

I have an English degree--this fall I'm quitting my job, relocating, getting married, and going back to school, hopefully to learn something more practical.   Actually, I will probably end up going into accounting.  I also write and am going to apply for a writing fellowship, but I don't have many illusions about making a living in writing.
ahab
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 01:36:39 AM »

for the last 3 yrs/ i have been a bartender and student. in  a few months i will be joining the army.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 01:43:53 AM »

I'm a student at Wartburg College, majoring in writing.  I just recently got screwed out of writing the movie review column for a local paper, and I work at CDGB's, one of the three biggest independent record stores in the country.  Anyone swinging by Mason City, IA should stop by.  That's not just a plug, really, it's an incredible store.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
the tuck
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 05:43:22 AM »

i work on a lighting department in a big british department store.

it's so quiet ive lost a stone since starting there. im quitting today though, i need to get out before i go insane. i'm finishing studies at college.

i'm also writing a flick and i play in a stoner band.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 08:46:58 AM »

Anyone else notice that most of us work in a technology based job????  Guess the geek stereotype is true.  :o)

I work for an ISP in my area as Tech Support.  Pay isn't great, but the hours are nice (7:30 AM-3:30PM), and it gives me time to take online classes and work on a screenplay.

I'm happy with it for now, or atleast until I'm the head of the democratic party. :o)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 12:08:50 PM »

Right now I am a summer lifeguard and full time College student.

I have aspirations of writing, working for Marvel comics, working for Disney, becoming a college Prof. , become a rabbi Or somehow work in the movie industry.

In other words I have no clue what im doing, but I am double majoring in history and religion and minoring in music

Anyone got any ideas

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Job « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.