Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:01:25 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A real fight « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A real fight  (Read 3046 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 18, 2003, 05:26:40 PM »

I must say, while I am excited for the upcoming Freddy Vs. Jason, I can't say that this is really a feasible or wonderous match.

Now I have never seen any kruger movies, but my understanding is that he can only attack you in your dreams, and even then it is mainly parlor tricks.

I have seen two Jason movie, Goes to Hell, and I think number 7 where he escapes from some lake and fights a girl with "force" lke powers, isnt that called telekenises??? In both movies, I think he was incapable of sleeping..

A much better match would be Jason vs. Michael Myers, both are huge lumbering, almost unstoppable slashers, and both would roll the wiry thin and fast (as opposed to big and lumbering) Scream killer into a little ball. However for fun, I will include him.

Weapons:
Now Jason is known for his machette which has a much longer reach than the knife I always see Myers use.  The Scream guy also uses a knife, but I have never seen him knife someone to the wall, plus he always uses a gun, but that doesnt seem to slow these guys down.
Edge: Jason

Brains: I am not sure if either Jason or Mike has any real thought process besides KILL, whereas the Scream guy always seems to make out a plan and work with an accomplice.
Edge: Scream guy

Pain Threshold: Michael has been stabbed by various objects, shot and pushed off buildings, but Jason seems pretty unstoppable, neither droning nor shots nor bats seems to truly stop him. The Scream guy dies easily and quickly, no supernatural powers
Tie: Jason and Myers

Tenacity: It always takes a lot to kill people, Jason does not seem to care who he kills or if they run away, the Scream guy lets obvious victems go (the one scene where the kid is obliviously watching TV and the Scream guy spares huim). Myers though started as a kid and even after years of therapy journeyed back to the same place that haunts him. i believe he has the biggest body count.
Edge: Myers

and finally,

Torture: Nothing is better than freaking out the audience. Unfortunately, it seems to me that Jason just lumbers on in through the front door and while effective for him, isnt too scary. Hell half his victims are the most unobservant people in the world.
However, Myers is ballsy evough to stalk in broad daylight, stalk people in a car and began the quick disappearing act. The Scream guy though perfected the disappearing act, and also, his phone calls are to die for.
Tie: Scream guy and Myers

So, Myers wins 3:2:2

what do y'all think????

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 11:39:25 PM »

jason and michael myers would be a more fair match .. the scream guy can suck my balls cos i hate him.
i always thought of jason and michael myers were the same thing! they both wear masks and kill and keep coming back to life and have certain scary days attached to them!

freddy can possess people!

i dont think anybody should fight! i think they should join together and have a final victory movie where they kill everyone and win and go to heaven!!

OR!

Ive always wanted to see monsters like jason and michael myers and freddy get married.. (and DO IT!)!!  we got to see chucky do it!! i want them to get married too! not to eachother though! freddy can marry me! and jason and michael can have their pick of the rest of the girls in the world! and they should have babies! and start a whole new thing!

love colleen

p.s. I wonder what happens when Halloween falls on Friday the 13th on Elm Street? i bet everyone dies!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 01:50:35 AM »

Myers is spookier, a more relentless stalker, and he can drive.  Plus I've just always thought he was cooler because I got into the Halloween series before I got into Friday the 13th, so I think Myers would win.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 07:41:53 AM »

Has anyone tried to flamethrower these guys?  Or used a Street Sweeper on 'em?  Or - how about a steamroller?

paquita - okay, I am now officially disturbed about your posts!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Neon Noodle
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 07:38:58 PM »

Freddy's got the edge because he can use the deepest fears of his victims against them, like fear of dying (part 1) fear of homosexuality (part 2) fear of weakness (part 3) and so on. As long as fear exists, Freddy exists.

Michael has the most misguided motivation of all of them. His primary mission is to kill his sister, and once that finally gets done? He just goes on and on killing and fighting various rap stars....

However, Jason's got the best motivation - kill anyone having sex, because the 2 counselors having sex led to my death. What more could you want? This pretty much puts a bullseye on everyone over 13!!!

Besides, Jason's up to part 11(??) and Freddy is only up to part 8 with this combo movie. Experience could be the tip of the scales.

But, as I'm sure we already know, it'll end in a draw.
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 11:11:02 AM »

Nitpick: Jason has a higher body count that Michael Myers.  I think Myers has around 70-80 and Jason has a little over 100.

Freddy, Jason, or Michael would kill the Scream guy almost instantly.  He sucks so bad Freddy wouldn't even bother tormenting him like he usually does.

I don't really see how Freddy and Jason could fight in the dream world.  Jason doesn't sleep!  Unless someone like Kirsten (NoES 3) or Alice (NoES 4 and 5) summoned Jason into the dream it just wouldn't happen.  In the dream world, Freddy would be pretty damn frustrated because nothing scares Jason.  Freddy could whip out the apparition of Jason's mother but he'd see through it and just get more p**sed off.  I think it would end with Freddy just kicking Jason out of the dream.

If Freddy were pulled out of the dream world and into the real one, Jason or Myers (or maybe even the Scream guy) could kill him pretty easily.  In all the Nightmare movies in which Freddy has been pulled into the real world, he becomes a complete puss.  Girls kick his ass!

I've only seen Halloween 1 and 2 so I can't really comment on Freddy or Jason vs. Myers, since I'm not familiar enough with him.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Susan
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 01:30:16 PM »

Freddy vs jason, another gimick. But kind of interesting - freddy basically lives in your dreams so it would seem jason sleeps after all. ;-)

Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 03:14:07 PM »

Rumors I've heard have claimed Freddy and Jason start out in Hell at the beginning of the movie, so whether or not they fight in the afterlife or in the "real" world  I don't know.  
Anyway, fighting aside, I've always preferred Freddy as a monster to Jason, who has absolutely NO personality. Freddy is vile and almost Satanic the way he toys with his victims in the Dream Dimension. ("His own private Purgatory" as the old FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES T.V. show used to say.)
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 10:34:24 PM »

Hey, Freddy's Nightmares was actually a pretty cool TV show.  They pulled some twisted stuff.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 01:53:25 AM »

>Hey, Freddy's Nightmares was actually a pretty cool TV show. They pulled
>some twisted stuff.

I liked it better when they stopped the "is it real or a dream?" garbage. The first few shows followed the same pattern where everything would keep changing. The later episodes had better plots.
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 04:15:39 PM »

Remember when that little boy on the tricycle was killed by his psychotic older sister at the end of that one episode and there was a tempest in a teacup about it nationwide? After that is when the show started opening up with that tongue-in-cheek disclaimer "Noone under 18 years of age will be killed during the following program."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A real fight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.