Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:12:30 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Harry Potter 5...who will die??? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Harry Potter 5...who will die???  (Read 5619 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: June 19, 2003, 11:49:30 PM »

As most of you well know from watching the news...author J.K. Rowling has announced that a major character will die in the upcoming Harry Potter & the Order of the Pheonix.

Who do you think it will be?

If you know already.....please do not reveal the answer!!

I think it will be one of two possibilities......

Ron will die.

Or......more likely....

Dumbledore

Now that Richard Harris has passed away I feel that it does make sense for Rowling to write Dumbledore out of the series permanently.

What do you think?

Post Edited (06-19-03 23:51)
Jim H.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 12:21:54 AM »

I agree..  Partly because Harris died, and partly because it will complete the arc of foreboding doom that started in part 4.  I suspect part 5 will start to show the rise of Voldemort, and this will continue in part 6, before the final confrontation in part 7.
Brock
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 07:44:01 AM »

While I agree it might be possible for Dumbledore to be the one who dies, it will most certainly NOT be because of Harris dying.  Think about it.  Rowling has a little more integrity than to change the course of her book series based on how it will affect the movie spin offs.  She's writing for herself and the fans, not Hollywood.  THe movies should be shaped around the books, not vice versa.
Damien01
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 09:03:49 AM »

I dont think Dumbledore is a major character...

There are 3 real major characters that I can see... and Dumbledore isnt one of them...
nemo38
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 12:20:21 PM »

I think Dumbledore is a major character as much as Snape or Hagrid can be cosidered a major character. I think alot of people will be suprised if it isnt dumbledore who dies in the new book.

Wouldnt it be great if it was Malfoy?  We all know that wont happen...not until the seventh book anyway.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 12:22:03 PM »

Hmmm, interesting thought if Snape were to die. After all,. he is on Voldemort's s**t list. The only thing I have heard from the news is that Harry gets angry in this one (MAGIC HULK SMASH) and there is finally some romance.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 04:49:35 AM »

:and there is finally some romance.

So Harry and Ronald will finally admit their true feelings for one another? About time.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 01:49:56 PM »

Foywonder wrote:

> :and there is finally some romance.
>
> So Harry and Ronald will finally admit their true feelings for
> one another? About time.

Good taste?  What's that?

I'm thinking that it will be someone we don't expect.  I mean, until the third book, who would have thought that Scabbers was a bad guy?  That one came out of left field, and I think the death of a major player will shock us as well.  Really, it could be anyone who has taken major actions in the past - Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagle, Snape, Black - heck, even Hedwig.  

We're going off of the author's definition of a major character.  Who can tell what's going to happen?

Personally, for some unknown reason, I think it's going to be Hagrid.  I don't know why, but that's what keeps running through my head.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 07:43:32 PM »

I will die if I am forced to see this when the movie comes out.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Shark
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 11:48:04 AM »

All I'll say is that I had one particular character in mind...

And, sadly, I was right.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 12:12:46 PM »

This is for anyone who has read the book. I don't need to know who dies, as I have some idea of that already, from having read some of the other messages posted to the other boards, what I would like to know is, how many people die in the book?

Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 02:56:55 PM »

BoyScoutKevin wrote:

> This is for anyone who has read the book. I don't need to know
> who dies, as I have some idea of that already, from having read
> some of the other messages posted to the other boards, what I
> would like to know is, how many people die in the book?
>

Read the book.  That's really all I'm willing to say on the matter - It's just 870 pages, and (IMHO) they're pretty darn good pages at that.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 01:39:57 PM »

Thank your for the invitation to read the book, but, as I have 30 books I want to read b before I start on this one, not including the first four Harry Potters, which I have not yet read, it will probably be awhile, if ever that I get around to reading it. Thank you again.

Amber
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 08:06:26 PM »

Well I dont think it will be Dumbledor.  She already made the book before he kicked the bucket.  You would've known that if you were really a Harry Potter fan, and kept up to dates in the books.  I dont think it will be ron either, because he's Harry's friend and I dont think this is all that he'll do to help him. It wont be Hemione either for the same reasons.  In my opinion i think i will be Sirius. I think that he'll have to save Harry from Voldemort, but end up being killed himself.  Well that's just my opinion.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 10:02:58 PM »

Damn girl!

You did some digging to get this one back up at the top!
I wrote this thread in June of 2003!

And yes, it is Sirius who dies.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Harry Potter 5...who will die??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.