Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:25 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flicks You Like To Show Off « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Flicks You Like To Show Off  (Read 5255 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: June 20, 2003, 11:00:37 AM »

We all have them.  Our prized posessions.  The films that make our friends think we are a little crazy for buying.  The films where the response is: "And you actually PAID to own this?"

Which films do you proudly display and show off constantly?

Mine would probably be:

The Mutilator-My newest addition.  Pretty unknown flick, but a 100% guilty pleasure for me.  Great flick to show off to friends.  

Meet The Feebles-Have not met very many people who apprecieate this film.  Another one of my treasured flicks....not even my wife will watch this one all the way through.

Martin-An original VHS print of the film.  Quite possibly the heaviest video (weight wise) that I own.  Not many who have seen this have liked it.  Probably due to the fact that the film is nothing like the mainstream vamp flicks of the past decade.  

There are many many many many more, but I don't have the time to list them all.

Anyone else?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Kirk
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 01:45:25 PM »

Rolling Thunder - the definitive monster truck movie.

The Van - Boobies, 70's clothes, boobies, custom vans, boobies.

Delinquent School Girls - great for parties.

Caveman - on DVD!

Kirk
raj

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 02:04:53 PM »

Barbarian Queen I & II, right next to Deathstalker I & II.   Me's gots fancie tastes.
Rob Phillips
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 03:53:27 PM »

Bad Taste (God I love watching people reaction to this movie)!
Dead Alive (IBID, especially the mowing down the zombies and gut pile (colon?)begging scenes)!
Buttcrack
Six String Samurai (I love to watch people get caught into this movie against thei will [better judgement?])
The Dead Hate the Living (People can't seem to decide exactly why thry don't like this one)
Redneck Zombies (I actually ask myself why I bought this one)
Any Home movies of my kid, people always leave when I pull these out!

;-)

Rob
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 04:32:23 PM »

My very rare, and very hard to find copy of Robo C.H.I.C. The first time I watched it, I about killed myself. Then three weeks later when I could finally think back to the horrors of the movie, I decided to seek every corner of the globe to find a copy. Finally three months later on ebay, there was one copy. Bam, I bought it uncontested (and for good reason. No one's herard of it, or seen it). I show it to those who I wish to feel my wrath of vengence.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 07:46:47 PM »

RAPID FIRE.

Goofy Brandon Lee flick. One of the cops was Screwface from Marked for Death, and I think the temple at the beginning was the same one in Mortal Kombat!
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 08:56:48 PM »

I was doing my usual random searching on ebay and found a mutilator shirt up for auction.  Looks cool                                                   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3528603342&category=197
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 09:48:11 PM »

For myself...

1) The live action Guyver movie. ( Some of you knew i'd put this own down, right?)

2) Alien Predators (I bought it at a garage sale and never heard of it , so I don't like it.)

3)Evil Dead II (Only because my mom hates this movie, all my friends like it though)

-the first rule of fat club-
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 11:41:42 PM »

Dancing Outlaw
Any of the early John Waters flicks.
Night of the Living Dead
My Dr. Gene Scott compilation tape....
I luv dolma
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2003, 12:49:49 AM »

Hmm let m see...

Carnosaur 3
Deathstalker
Leprechaun 4
and just showed Prince of Space. Like 5 minutes ago.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2003, 01:32:52 AM »

I like to show off my workprint copy of Outtakes (used to shop the film around before sony got it, a lot of stuff is in the copy that got cut down or refilmed for the final version) as well as behind the scenes footage from Outtakes.  I ended up getting them from Jack Sell after some email contact I had with him last year.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2003, 01:54:54 AM »

I'm a fan of box sets, so I like showing off my Book O' Th' Dead version of Evil Dead, my original print of the Sleepaway Camp set with Red Cross logo on the front, my wooden case Wicker Man, and my tin The Beyond.
For badness or just all-out "what the hell was that?" - Island of Death is good (coming up in our big 50th review sort-of-bash next week) or Robo Vampire.  Ninja Champion is fun to hurt people with.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Neville

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2003, 11:11:19 AM »

Mine are either "Dune" or "Dagon". Most visits react violently when I show them the "Dagon" case and tell them it is a spanish (well, more or less) horror movie. Some actually show some interest when they learn that Paco Rabal was on it, but all get their fears multiplied when I pass them the trailers. LOL!

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2003, 02:09:04 PM »

I love to see the look of horror on people's faces when they look at my collection and see nothing but Dolph, Seagal, Norris, Van Damme, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and other action kings.  Funny, to say the least.

I like to show people Bulletproof, with Gary Busey, and McBain, with Christopher Walken.  I haven't met a person that hasn't laughed while watching either one of these movies.  The look on their faces when Gary Busey drops down from the ceiling during a drug deal and calls the dealers "butthorn" is priceless.  The look starts off as pure confusion, and then turns quickly to laughter.

Nick
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2003, 04:05:44 PM »

Skaboi - I love MEET THE FEEBLES and MARTIN, so you aren't alone.

I have a copy of the uncut version of DERANGED (from Moore Video) on VHS. It includes the "opening of the skull and popping out of the eyeball with a spoon" scene that was cut from the original theatrical release (and is also missing from the DVD). I have been selling all of my VHS tapes, but I will hang onto that one.

I guess that I have quite a few DVDs that I like to show off: just about anything from Something Weird Video; my H.G. Lewis collection; my Euro horror and giallo flicks (Mario Bava, Dario Argento, Jean Rollin, etc.); my Ed Wood movies; basically, any movie that no sane person would purchase . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flicks You Like To Show Off « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.