Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:17:31 AM
714151 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flicks You Like To Show Off « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Flicks You Like To Show Off  (Read 5298 times)
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2003, 06:32:20 PM »

I also love to display any of my Godfrey Ho movies to ensure quick and suffiecient pain. Ninja Champion is one of them, along with Ninja Hunt, and Bruce Lee's Ways of Kung Fu. Oh god, thinking about them gives me headaches.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Kanedoras
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2003, 06:35:49 PM »

I echo whoever said Six-String Samurai.

I also go for:

Biozombie
Mr. Vampire (the all-time favorite)
Wild Zero
Storm Riders
Magnificent Butcher
Legend of Zu
Shaolin Soccer

And, to make them suffer...
Attack of the Super Monsters--every unsuspecting person I've showed that to complains of physical pain.
Wycked Nick
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2003, 08:38:20 PM »

My anime movies
Brotherhood of the wolf
Snatch
Triple x
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2003, 11:36:28 AM »

Don't know how I forgot this one!  MEAT MARKET!

This one is always fun to show off.  Shot completely on video with a budget of only 2,000!  Great indie zombie flick.  A must have if you don't already own it.

I'm thinking about getting the sequel soon.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Apostic
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2003, 10:01:03 PM »

My wife loves to show the older Peter Jackson ones, so I guess that makes us proud of them.  In that same way of thinking, we're, uh, very proud of Sextette and The Apple.

On the other hand, we hosted a non-movie party last night and were evidently proud of an aqaurium DVD...

regards,

Apostic
Bmeansgood
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2003, 10:17:03 PM »

Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo

This works perfect for those late night house guests who refuse to leave.  Just pop it in and when the Break Dance Rumble rolls around the guests start to hit the exits.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2003, 11:18:54 PM »

Is that like those videos of nothing but a fireplace with the flames roaring that some people put on at Christmas but with fish instead??

Post Edited (06-22-03 23:19)
Apostic
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 04:12:11 AM »

"Is that like those videos of nothing but a fireplace with the flames roaring that some people put on at Christmas but with fish instead??"

Yup.  No plot, but that's never stopped me before.

Seriously, for a non-movie party, it's kinda nice -- especially when you've got a 53" HDTV.  It looks tragically empty when it's turned off, and the fish are more fun than a test pattern.  It gave the party a nice ambiance.  (This one was based on a screen saver.)  

We ran music through the sound system instead of the DVD's soundtrack, which is the rushing sound of the bubbles from the filter.  When you've got a room full of drinkers, that's not a sound you need.

I didn't personally know a lot of these people well enough to inflict upon them what we call "normal" in our home.  It was enough for them to look at the DVD rack and wonder what kinda crazy people live here.

regards,

Apostic
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2003, 08:15:38 AM »

Here's another one that I forgot:

About 5 years ago, I had some people from work over for a party. Around 1:00 in the morning, after several hours of irresponsible drinking, I broke out my copy of BLACK BELT JONES. We had a great time watching it. The people who were at the party still talk about it.

After we watched BLACK BELT JONES, I popped the original SHAFT into the VCR. I didn't tell anyone what it was, but they all started laughing when they saw Richard Roundtree emerge from the subway with the classic theme song playing on the soundtrack. They knew we were in for a vintage blaxploitation evening.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bernie
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2003, 02:39:22 PM »

Maniac.  The 1934 version.  Yep, that one.  

Nuff said.
Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2003, 10:40:31 PM »

Six-string Samurai
Orgazmo
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Starcrash
Apostic
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2003, 10:57:08 PM »

Forgot to include:  Episodes of Invader Zim

I also like to show short bits from movies as previews, like tag-rampage from THe Power Puff Girls movie and the gun-dump scene from Mean Guns.  Gets an interest in seeing the movie on a later visit.

regards,

Apostic

(So, if you were to edit Finding Nemo such that it was from Dorey's point of view and told it backwards, would it be Nemento?)
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2003, 01:54:05 PM »

The films I have shown to friends not used to B-Movies are 'Meet the Feebles', 'Dolemite', 'Frankenhooker', 'Killer Klowns', 'Mister Vampire' and 'Babycart at the River Styx', and all went down really well.
Taylor
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »

show humans boobies
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2005, 10:48:03 PM »

Space Mutiny - "Yaaarrrgh!"...long calm pause... heroically bails out of golfcart.
2020 Texas Gladiators
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flicks You Like To Show Off « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.